Falcons-Redskins gameday thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Swishy hits a FG to sink the Fecals as time expires.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Countertrey wrote:
TeeterSalad wrote:Cousins is a good backup to have, but hes definitely no RG3

I wasn't aware that there was a question about that... Cousins would be groomed to start on most teams... and would probably pretty darned good... but, he needs time.

I wasn't aware there needed to be a question to post my opinion.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:Nothing Cousins could do about that.

there never was any chance with RGIII out of there

when you have a defense that allows as many points as ours does - you need to score TDs

what good is scoring 3 points when your defense will just give up 7

not kicking FGs is bad but a TD is 7 and 2 FGs are not even close

we need a defense that can get off the field BEFORE the other team scores
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:11 pm

i love how everything goes exactly the way i say it. see this game??? its week 5 isnt it???

you know what this game was???

it was every game the redskins have played at about this point in the season for the past DECADE.

the first month is gone. now seperation starts to happen and teams like the redskins GET REMOVED.

the giants won. the redskins had their franchise destroyed on a sideline hit. and now you have nothing. except to read my words and accept the fact that im always right.

last place. (youre gonna need that first round pick....but the rams are liking it more and more each week!!!!!)

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Countertrey wrote:I wasn't aware that there was a question about that... Cousins would be groomed to start on most teams... and would probably pretty darned good... but, he needs time.

There is no such things as time in th NFL. If you're on the roster you have to be able to WIN. It's that simple. Win or find a new job. The defense might want to remember that too.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I wasn't aware that there was a question about that... Cousins would be groomed to start on most teams... and would probably pretty darned good... but, he needs time.

There is no such things as time in th NFL. If you're on the roster you have to be able to WIN. It's that simple. Win or find a new job. The defense might want to remember that too.

we are still looking for our defense - they've been non existent saince last season
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15 pm

btw, can somebody compute mike shanahan's record in washington for me? Yeah, i thought you wouldnt want to.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Captain Kirk got beamed up to the wrong team with a chance to perform some heroics but couildn't pull it off. The final score didn't reflect the loss of the 3 pts on the missed FG, but it sure felt like a momentum changer at the time. Now we all willl be awaiting the news on RGIII, Who knows, with him in there the Skins might have been able to pull it off. In the end, a pretty good effort that could have been differnt. AGAIN!
Last edited by SCSkinsFan on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:we are still looking for our defense - they've been non existent saince last season

Yet nobody lost their jobs over the offseason. There needs to be accountability in this franchise and there is NONE!!! Not among the players. Not among the coaches. Not with the GM either.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Cousins needs to be CUT!!!! Today!!!! Maybe that will give people the idea it's PUT UP or GTFO!!!!

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:19 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:Captain Kirk got beamed up to the wrong team with a chance to perform some heroics but couildn't pull it off. The final score didn't reflect the loss of the 3 pts on the missed FG, but it sure felt like a momentum changer at the time. Now we all we be awaiting the news on RGIII, Who knowa, with him in there the Skins might have been able to pull it off. In the end, a pretty good effor that could have been differnt. AGAIN!

There were many other factors that contributed, but that was the first and by far the biggest reason for the loss.

The swing from 10-0 to 7-7 at the half is 10 points, not 3. The Falcons would have had a much more difficult time of scoring after a made FG, not to mention the emotional boost.

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Cousins needs to be CUT!!!! Today!!!! Maybe that will give people the idea it's PUT UP or GTFO!!!!

I think you got the person whose name starts with C wrong. Cut Cundiff, not Cousins. :x
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Cousins needs to be CUT!!!! Today!!!! Maybe that will give people the idea it's PUT UP or GTFO!!!!

I gather you meant Cundiff?

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 pm

If Cousins were to be cut, there would be 20+ waiver requests on him. He's a rookie who was thrown into a game against a very good defense. He did an admirable job, but still lost. The other team is getting paid too, you know.

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm

the redskins have now lost a full season's worth of consecutive games at home. eight,.

that stadium is a home away from home for the cowboy fans and eagle fans and everyone else for that matter.

they should just name it Cowboys Stadium East, haha. there are as many dallas fans as washington when they play.
Last edited by the poster on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football