Falcons-Redskins gameday thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Cousins needs to be CUT!!!! Today!!!! Maybe that will give people the idea it's PUT UP or GTFO!!!!

If Cousins were to be cut, there would be 20+ waiver requests on him. He's a rookie who was thrown into a game against a very good defense. He did an admirable job, but still lost. The other team is getting paid too, you know.

I said what I meant. Cunfdiff's EXECUTION was a given in my mind.

If some other team wants Cousins, fine. I don't care. I will NOT root for him ever again after today's performance.

Postby gscott » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:

You forgot to mention that every receiver pushes off and each offensive lineman has each rusher in a headlock, giving Ryan open targets downfield and all day to throw

That may be true but as Doc Walker said a couple of weeks ago, the 'Skins have to become tougher. They have to be mean and hit just as hard as the other team. They can't afford to tiptoe through the tulips and get brownie points.

The other teams are playing dirty. Time for the 'Skins to dish out some medicine themselves.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Well, I've been saying for quite a while .... there are fundamental issues with this team that cannot be fixed with personnel. Look what Fisher has done with the Rams ... Harbaugh with the 49ers ....

The truth is, anybody can be a genius when trading 3 #1's and a #2 to pick a no brainer like RG3 .... but even his talent cannot overcome a poorly devised strategy.

When you have Morris running the way he was against the Falcons, you just keep hammering them until they stop it .... don't get cute and "mix it up" ... you mix it up to confuse, but when you have over 100 yards by the early part of the 3rd quarter, you feed that beast and ground and pound and eat the clock until they can stop it consistently.

80 offensive plays for Atlanta, 47 plays for the Redskin Offense is inexcusable and absolutely pitiful pitiful pitiful when your RB is making those kinds of yards ..... you will not beat anyone like that, and certainly not a good team.

Week in and week out, teams are either out game planning from the beginning, or making better half time adjustments, and figuring out how to defeat us.

Atlanta's defense are not the 85 Bears .... they're middle of the pack, and no excuse for scoring only 10 points on offense, at home, with the weapons we have, and great success running the ball.

8 freaking straight losses at home? Dumb and dumber have to go.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:25 pm

gscott wrote:absinthe1023 wrote:

You forgot to mention that every receiver pushes off and each offensive lineman has each rusher in a headlock, giving Ryan open targets downfield and all day to throw

That may be true but as Doc Walker said a couple of weeks ago, the 'Skins have to become tougher. They have to be mean and hit just as hard as the other team. They can't afford to tiptoe through the tulips and get brownie points.

The other teams are playing dirty. Time for the 'Skins to dish out some medicine themselves.

the problem with that is that the refs have no trouble calling penalties against the 'Skins. if they try to fight fire with fire, the refs will make them pay
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Cousins needs to be CUT!!!! Today!!!! Maybe that will give people the idea it's PUT UP or GTFO!!!!

If Cousins were to be cut, there would be 20+ waiver requests on him. He's a rookie who was thrown into a game against a very good defense. He did an admirable job, but still lost. The other team is getting paid too, you know.

If some other team wants Cousins, fine. I don't care. I will NOT root for him ever again after today's performance.

I am sure that Cousins will be devastated by that news.

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Postby gscott » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:26 pm

So why you think the refs are biased against the 'Skins?

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:28 pm

gscott wrote:So why you think the refs are biased against the 'Skins?

No idea. It just seems to be a trend. I know that I'm biased on the issue, but I truly don't see games called this one-sidedly at any level. I watch lots of games (college and pro) that don't involve the 'Skins and I rarely see games where the refs' calls are so one sided.

Postby gscott » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

You might be right. I saw Kerrigan geting held on almost every play and no call. That same crap happened with Orakpo when he was playing just about on every play.

Seems they want certain teams to get by for whatever reasons.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Cundiff can't make field goals Garcon can't catch all of a sudden but the one constant is Jim Haslett is DOO DOO BUTTER for a DC can someone fired him or preferable put a root on him so he can't coach anymore???

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

gscott wrote:You might be right. I saw Kerrigan geting held on almost every play and no call. That same crap happened with Orakpo when he was playing just about on every play.

Seems they want certain teams to get by for whatever reasons.

Yeah, the holding was ludicrous in that it was so constant, so obvious, and was happening repeatedly right in front of the refs. I see it every week, regardless of the opponent.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:

It's not on Cousins .... he accounted for the only offensive TD for Christ Sake. This team was stumbling and bumbling and unable to convert a 3rd down or score more than 3 points from two trips inside the 10.

Let me say this ... why do we not see more shots down field ? RG3 has the arm and accuracy .. but it's dink and dunk and option2 option 3, game after game. If I can predict it, so can the opposition.

Postby gscott » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Yeah, the knock on Garcon is although he is a big, tough and physical receiver, he sometimes suffers from butterfingerism. Not a good thing on this team.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Cundiff can't make field goals Garcon can't catch all of a sudden but the one constant is Jim Haslett is DOO DOO BUTTER for a DC can someone fired him or preferable put a root on him so he can't coach anymore???

Hehehe....call in the root woman!!! :)

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:42 pm

RayNAustin wrote:The truth is, anybody can be a genius when trading 3 #1's and a #2 to pick a no brainer like RG3 ....

no brainer. yes, i like that description! lol.

80 offensive plays for Atlanta, 47 plays for the Redskin Offense is inexcusable

as if the redskins inability to stop the falcons from extending drives had anything to do it with. yet, its all about offensive playcalling, lol.

i told you all back in the summer your defense was way overrated and back then, before any games had been played, you were all offended.

well.....i was right. like i always am.

Week in and week out, teams are either out game planning from the beginning, or making better half time adjustments, and figuring out how to defeat us.

well...what do u want, you dont have a good coaching staff , ive told you this, you have a bad defense, i told you this, you have no future with no first round picks and no cap space.

you have nothing to look forward to. the redskins are a failed organisation that sold you a bunch of HOPE this offseason again. and now he's knocked out, again just as I predicted. LOL.

Atlanta's defense are not the 85 Bears .... they're middle of the pack, and no excuse for scoring only 10 points on offense, at home, with the weapons we have, and great success running the ball.

um, yeah there is. theres a big reason. they are a better football team. the redskins are one of the worst. im always right. proven yet again.

8 freaking straight losses at home? Dumb and dumber have to go.

LOL the same fanbase they chided me for saying they have to start winning this year is now saying the same thing as me during the year. LOL.

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Yeah, the holding was ludicrous in that it was so constant, so obvious, and was happening repeatedly right in front of the refs. I see it every week, regardless of the opponent.

the redskins held the falcons ends on every play, especially john abraham. i thought they had paid off the refs, it was so obvious. never mind though, atlanta still won despite being cheated against.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football