RG3 'mild' concussion - now what?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 am

Is it me?

I thought he was trying to slide and got hit by a shoulder pad to the head when he was defenceless. It could and should have been a penalty!

Sean Taylor doing that to ANY other QB would have landed us at least 15 yards with a personal penalty and probably a misconduct and a fine.

Yes, I agree that he should NOT put himself in those situations but he was already sliding when he was hit (which was the second hit in that tackle).
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

ch1
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:27 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is it me?

I thought he was trying to slide and got hit by a shoulder pad to the head when he was defenceless. It could and should have been a penalty!

Sean Taylor doing that to ANY other QB would have landed us at least 15 yards with a personal penalty and probably a misconduct and a fine.

Yes, I agree that he should NOT put himself in those situations but he was already sliding when he was hit (which was the second hit in that tackle).


I don't think he was sliding, but he did take a shot to the head. A penalty should have been called.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 am

tribeofjudah wrote:NFL.....is not happy with Shanny's handling of RGiii concussion. Will Investigate the Skins.


Hopefully Shanny uses that investigation as an opportunity to BLAST the NFL (publicly and privately) for not calling the hit to the head that CAUSED the concussion....

"Sorry NFL, since there was no call for a hit to the head, we figured it couldn't be a concussion."

Hog
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Hagerstown ,Md.

Postby jmooney » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 am

The timing wasnt any different than when London got called for the 15 yarder against Tom Brady last year.

Some guys get the call, some dont.

Now our team is under investigation once again?
Why is the NFL evaluating the way the Redskins handled it, is my question. It looks to me so far that the team is taking all the precautions. They just have an issue with how Mike Shannahan chooses to "word" it. Give me a break!

Mara is the puppeteer and Goodell dances once again.

kazoo
Posts: 10256
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is it me?

I thought he was trying to slide and got hit by a shoulder pad to the head when he was defenceless. It could and should have been a penalty!


It was clean. He hit RG3's shoulder and RG3's head bounced up into his shoulder. Yeah, it was a hard hit, but RG3 should have slid or gone out of bounds. He wasn't going to make it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is it me?

I thought he was trying to slide and got hit by a shoulder pad to the head when he was defenceless. It could and should have been a penalty!

Sean Taylor doing that to ANY other QB would have landed us at least 15 yards with a personal penalty and probably a misconduct and a fine.

Yes, I agree that he should NOT put himself in those situations but he was already sliding when he was hit (which was the second hit in that tackle).


On one of the angles, you could clearly see the elbow to the jaw. I was in that end zone in the club level and saw the elbow. The point of the elbow hit RGIII across the jaw, it looked liked a classic boxing right hook, but instead of a fist, he got a UFC elbow.

RGIII did start to slide but that was a last minute slide out of desperation. Though the blow wasn't as bad as the hit he took in a Baylor game that concussed him and made him miss the next game, the situation was similar. He was going for the end zone and when he realized he wasn't going to make it, he slid at the last moment and nearly got his head taken off. I was hoping that he would never do that in the NFL, well....

I just hope that he gets it now, for his sake, his family's sake, the team's sake and the fans' sake.

piggie
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Maryland

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 am

jmooney wrote:The timing wasnt any different than when London got called for the 15 yarder against Tom Brady last year.

Some guys get the call, some dont.

Now our team is under investigation once again?
Why is the NFL evaluating the way the Redskins handled it, is my question. It looks to me so far that the team is taking all the precautions. They just have an issue with how Mike Shannahan chooses to "word" it. Give me a break!

Mara is the puppeteer and Goodell dances once again.


I too wonder what the league is investigating. It's not like they put
him back in the game or something stupid like that. LOL


Hey, I'm in Hagerstown, MD.

kazoo
Posts: 10256
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 am

Redskinsfansince81 wrote:
jmooney wrote:The timing wasnt any different than when London got called for the 15 yarder against Tom Brady last year.

Some guys get the call, some dont.

Now our team is under investigation once again?
Why is the NFL evaluating the way the Redskins handled it, is my question. It looks to me so far that the team is taking all the precautions. They just have an issue with how Mike Shannahan chooses to "word" it. Give me a break!

Mara is the puppeteer and Goodell dances once again.


I too wonder what the league is investigating. It's not like they put
him back in the game or something stupid like that. LOL


Hey, I'm in Hagerstown, MD.


They said his return was "questionable" when he was definitely out and they said he was "shaken up" when they knew he had concussion symptoms. I'm not arguing for it, I'm just answering the question. I don't see how it gives the Falcons an advantage to be vague, but it's technically violation of the league rule to be swift and accurate.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Hagerstown ,Md.

Postby jmooney » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 am

Right, he didnt return. They are'nt saying he will next week and Belechic has been cryptic about injury reports for years. Nobody says $#!+ to that guy. This is all part of Mara's personal vendetta and has mandated Goodell to do so. I feel like they've been waiting for this.

At least there are a few of us up here in H-Town that aren't Steelers fans, lol

Hog
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Hagerstown ,Md.

Postby jmooney » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskinsfansince81 wrote:
jmooney wrote:The timing wasnt any different than when London got called for the 15 yarder against Tom Brady last year.

Some guys get the call, some dont.

Now our team is under investigation once again?
Why is the NFL evaluating the way the Redskins handled it, is my question. It looks to me so far that the team is taking all the precautions. They just have an issue with how Mike Shannahan chooses to "word" it. Give me a break!

Mara is the puppeteer and Goodell dances once again.


I too wonder what the league is investigating. It's not like they put
him back in the game or something stupid like that. LOL


Hey, I'm in Hagerstown, MD.


They said his return was "questionable" when he was definitely out and they said he was "shaken up" when they knew he had concussion symptoms. I'm not arguing for it, I'm just answering the question. I don't see how it gives the Falcons an advantage to be vague, but it's technically violation of the league rule to be swift and accurate.


When reporting to the league that makes sense. The only injury report were required to give the Falcons is before gametime. This happens every week with every team and theres no investigation, concussions or any other injury.

If the league wants to run it this way. Let them provide a medical staff for every stadium on gameday.

kazoo
Posts: 10256
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 am

jmooney wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskinsfansince81 wrote:
jmooney wrote:The timing wasnt any different than when London got called for the 15 yarder against Tom Brady last year.

Some guys get the call, some dont.

Now our team is under investigation once again?
Why is the NFL evaluating the way the Redskins handled it, is my question. It looks to me so far that the team is taking all the precautions. They just have an issue with how Mike Shannahan chooses to "word" it. Give me a break!

Mara is the puppeteer and Goodell dances once again.


I too wonder what the league is investigating. It's not like they put
him back in the game or something stupid like that. LOL


Hey, I'm in Hagerstown, MD.


They said his return was "questionable" when he was definitely out and they said he was "shaken up" when they knew he had concussion symptoms. I'm not arguing for it, I'm just answering the question. I don't see how it gives the Falcons an advantage to be vague, but it's technically violation of the league rule to be swift and accurate.


When reporting to the league that makes sense. The only injury report were required to give the Falcons is before gametime. This happens every week with every team and theres no investigation, concussions or any other injury.

If the league wants to run it this way. Let them provide a medical staff for every stadium on gameday.


I said I wasn't arguing for it, just answering the question
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1652
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is it me?

I thought he was trying to slide and got hit by a shoulder pad to the head when he was defenceless. It could and should have been a penalty!

Sean Taylor doing that to ANY other QB would have landed us at least 15 yards with a personal penalty and probably a misconduct and a fine.

Yes, I agree that he should NOT put himself in those situations but he was already sliding when he was hit (which was the second hit in that tackle).


I didn't think he was sliding. It was a play where I thought he would have just run out of bounds, but he cut back in and tried to get another couple meaningless yards and took on 3 defenders in the process.

But overall definetely not a personal foul there. RGIII was going for the extra yards and it was a clean hit. I even believe it was shoulder to RGIII's helmet.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

jmooney wrote:Right, he didnt return. They are'nt saying he will next week and Belechic has been cryptic about injury reports for years. Nobody says $#!+ to that guy. This is all part of Mara's personal vendetta and has mandated Goodell to do so. I feel like they've been waiting for this.

At least there are a few of us up here in H-Town that aren't Steelers fans, lol


More conspiracy theories :roll: The NFL is investigating the Bills reporting of Mario Williams' injury as well. Is that all part of a "personal vendetta", or is that only when something involves the Redskins?
Suck and Luck

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5dbvar6Do

For those of you who think it was just the shoulder that hit RGIII.
Look at :43-:44 and :47-:48 of the clip. You will see WeatherSpoon's elbow.
At :50- :51 - there is no doubt that Weatherspoon's came across with the elbow. The announcer says the blow appears to be to the side of the head and neck. Follow the path of that elbow and you can see it come across the chin.

Now watch the frame from :50 - :56. See initial hit stop RGIII. Then watch his head get rocked to the side. This is the elbow being raked across the side of his head or chin as I think it hit.

Is that a penalty? With the use of the elbow to the head is clearly a penalty. Will the NFL fine Weatherspoon? I have seen worse elbows than that that weren't fined, but since he used the elbow in the play. I don't think he has an argument if he is fined.

As far as sliding, it appears that he is slipping rather than sliding. It appears that he is trying to cut away from the sideline. I stand corrected on that.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Frisco, Tejas

Postby fetus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 am

Well hopefully he will now learn that he doesn't need to take these hits and that he should throw the ball away or get out of bounds in this situation or just lay down. This was a stupid useless injury, and as far as the hit being illegal, I think not, he was out of the pocket and running up field and was hit low and while falling forward took a shoulder pad to the head and then bounced his head off of another shoulder pad.
The kid needs to wise up and stop taking stupid hits, if it's anyone's fault, it is his own. This is the only thing bad about Griff, he needs to learn when to give up.
As far as the investigation, this is ridiculous, our first report was he was shaken up and questionable, after the game and all tests had been done we concluded he had a concussion, mild or whatever, the league can suck a fat hot dog on this bullspit. Just one more thing that we will be blasted in the media for that was completely avoidable. Some people in the FO and coaching staff need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop fing around.
Either way we have had 2 others on the team have concussions, J.Wilson and A.Robinson, and they have came back and played the next week, let's hope that Griff can pass these tests and come out healthy and play the Vikings.
RGIII and the terrible D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football