Skins - Falcons postgame discussion thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 am

Here it comes. So freaking predictable. We lost a 24-17 game without our star QB to a 4-0 team. Whose fault is it? Kyle Shanahan's of course.

Give me a freaking break already.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 am

riggofan wrote:Here it comes. So freaking predictable. We lost a 24-17 game without our star QB to a 4-0 team. Whose fault is it? Kyle Shanahan's of course.

The offense was struggling with the star QB and it was clear that even with a successful running game, the O couldn't get in rhythmn. If this was new to this game, then I would say that you have a point. We saw this all to often last year.

This is systematic problem and when there are problems with the O. It usually points to the OC.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 am

just to be clear - some here need a lot of help :roll:

I don't think we lost this game because of any one player or coach

I'm just pointing to issues with the offense, defense and special teams

the responsibility for these issues is with Mike - he's the HC - He needs to do a better job

this team is showing some very encouraging signs and while we are still an 8 win franchise we are showing some promise - at the same time there are some things that have been happening over the past 5 games that are not getting better

run the damn ball - having our defense on the field for 80 plays is just stupid
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:30 am

riggofan wrote:Here it comes. So freaking predictable. We lost a 24-17 game without our star QB to a 4-0 team. Whose fault is it? Kyle Shanahan's of course.

there are a number of teams with 2 wins, or less that are much better than we are
there are teams with 3 or more wins that are not much better than we are

means NOTHING

it's disapointing to see some players and coaches not doing their jobs as well as they can
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 am

What's not predictable is that I'm on the side of those criticizing him. I didn't say he sucks as an OC either. I just said the play calling in this game wasn't good. I stand by it. It seems like the emphasis is preventing RG3 from making a rookie mistake. I don't disagree with doing that to an extent, but I don't agree with it to the point of losing and that's what I thought we did.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah I think Kyle's biggest mistake yesterday was the five dropped passes. He should really do a better job catching those balls.

Seriously, I agree with people saying run the ball more. Catch the ball when its in your hands, convert those third downs and give Alfred Morris a chance to run the ball more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am

I'm not saying Kyle is a bad OC - i just wish he would either adjust his play calling and system to suit who he has .. or leave

Kyle does not catch or throw the ball and we don't have a really good WR like Julio Jones - DUH
if these guys are going to drop the ball - get someone on the field that can catch the ball - we have more than a few - stir it up

we do have a QB that looks like he'll be one of the best in the NFL soon - make the adjustments to take advantage of who you have on the field

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

there are a number of teams with 2 wins, or less that are much better than we are
there are teams with 3 or more wins that are not much better than we are

means NOTHING

Yeah sure. I can agree with that. But I think we can all agree the Falcons are currently one of the better teams in the league by pretty much every measurable there is.

Your larger point that the players (and coaches too) needed to execute to beat a team like that is what's important.

It was there for the taking!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football