Defense Plays Well, but Offense Plays Poorly and Vice Versa

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 am

Can't blame the coaches for all the drops rgiiis receivers had in the first half can you?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:29 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Can't blame the coaches for all the drops rgiiis receivers had in the first half can you?

I am talking about a systematic issue that has been going on for years.
Why against the most potent offenses, our defenses play well and against the lesser talented offenses, our defense plays poorly. Do you blame drops for this?

Do you blame drops for the lack of matching a pass game to compliment the success of your running game?

Those successess against Atlanta - running and keeping the Falcons O to one TD for almost three quarters point to players doing their job.

Are you going to tell me that against the Bengals and Rams, our players didn't come to play? I am confidently saying that our Zero blitz DC got his predictable playbook read on that Wildcat TD. He blamed it on Gomes, but the scheme was flawed from the beginning - Ask Jay Gruden and the rest of the Bengals.

One thing about drops, injuries and player mistakes with assignments - those need to be kept in context of the entire league. Check out pro football focus and you will see other teams have the same problems. Teams like the Rams have the coacning to compensate for it.

The Skins have better talent than the Rams. Then again, the Cowboys, have better talent than the Skins, but look where they are with us.
Coaching makes a difference - ask the Saints.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 am

Red_One43 wrote:I think that we have the talent to compete for a wild card berth this year. The Atlanta game showed it. New Orleans may not have a good D, but Monday Night Proved that that O is still potent, so I give the D credit for a good scheme in that game as well.

One thing I like about our team this year is you never feel we can't win. Attitude is a big part of winning.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:41 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:I think that we have the talent to compete for a wild card berth this year. The Atlanta game showed it. New Orleans may not have a good D, but Monday Night Proved that that O is still potent, so I give the D credit for a good scheme in that game as well.

One thing I like about our team this year is you never feel we can't win. Attitude is a big part of winning.

^^ true dat - this team makes you feel better about watching them play

I do not agree with "we have the talent to compete ..." we do NOT

we are likely a 8 to 10 win franchise - we do NOT have the talent to compete - we have a lot of issues

at the same time ...

this team is not doing badly and every week you have the feeling we could actually win this ...

The Colts beat the Packers - IMO this ONLY happened because they wanted it more

There are many instances when the game is won by the team with more desire on that day

ALL of our coaches and players need to do a better job - missing kicks, dropping passes, missing blocks, bad preparation and bad play calling should be identified and corrected or those responsible should be out of here

this franchise needs to prepare to be a playoff contender and only those that are prepared to be better should be a part of that
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 am

SkinsJock wrote:we are likely a 8 to 10 win franchise - we do NOT have the talent to compete

8 - 10 wins is the very definition of competing.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Most teams have this problem. That's why the bell curve is shaped the way it is!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm

I like the way this team has responded and I'm enjoying watching them play this year - we have some injuries and we have some holes to fill

we are close but ... with what we have and what we will add - next season, this squad will be contending for the playoffs

not saying we cannot be in the playoffs this season but without a really good WR, a decent O line AND D line with depth PLUS a decent secondary, this team is not going to be consistently competitive

I'll agree that the team is "competing" but ....

all of these teams compete each and every week - the Colts are not even close to being a good team but they knocked off the Packers - the stupid, low life, Browns put up 2 TDs early on the Giants :shock:

all I'm pointing out is that with RG3 having had a year and having both a decent O line and a true #1 WR plus a defense with a decent secondary - this squad should be really much better
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football