Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
17
61%
Mitt Romney
11
39%
 
Total votes : 28
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Cappster wrote:I long for a candidate that doesn't believe in religious fairy tales. If I said I believe the the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were real, I would instantly be discredited and labeled as a wacko. I see no difference between a person who believes in TMNT than a person who believes Joseph Smith, a known con man, is a prophet of God. I don't see how religious beliefs get a "pass" when they directly affect how a person approaches life.


See, you start with the fairy tale thing and I think you're heading to a conclusion which makes sense, you're talking about all religions. But no, it's just Mormons. Gotcha. Mormons are weird, other Religions make sense. Personally while I believe in God, I think all dogmatic beliefs are ridiculous and unnecessary.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:I long for a candidate that doesn't believe in religious fairy tales. If I said I believe the the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were real, I would instantly be discredited and labeled as a wacko. I see no difference between a person who believes in TMNT than a person who believes Joseph Smith, a known con man, is a prophet of God. I don't see how religious beliefs get a "pass" when they directly affect how a person approaches life.


See, you start with the fairy tale thing and I think you're heading to a conclusion which makes sense, you're talking about all religions. But no, it's just Mormons. Gotcha. Mormons are weird, other Religions make sense. Personally while I believe in God, I think all dogmatic beliefs are ridiculous and unnecessary.


I am talking about all religions, but some religions I find more odd than others. They all are bologna to me. I point out Mormons, because there is one running for president and if you weren't so narrowly focused on me saying Mormon then you would see that the very next statement I make addresses how religious beliefs tend to be off limits. That is, unless, you are a black man with a *weird* name.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

the 'mudge
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Cappster wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:I long for a candidate that doesn't believe in religious fairy tales. If I said I believe the the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were real, I would instantly be discredited and labeled as a wacko. I see no difference between a person who believes in TMNT than a person who believes Joseph Smith, a known con man, is a prophet of God. I don't see how religious beliefs get a "pass" when they directly affect how a person approaches life.


See, you start with the fairy tale thing and I think you're heading to a conclusion which makes sense, you're talking about all religions. But no, it's just Mormons. Gotcha. Mormons are weird, other Religions make sense. Personally while I believe in God, I think all dogmatic beliefs are ridiculous and unnecessary.


I am talking about all religions, but some religions I find more odd than others. They all are bologna to me. I point out Mormons, because there is one running for president and if you weren't so narrowly focused on me saying Mormon then you would see that the very next statement I make addresses how religious beliefs tend to be off limits. That is, unless, you are a black man with a *weird* name.

Do you understand the concept of "value judgements"? YOU find it odd... therefore, it's BAD... it's akin to stereotyping... do you do that, as well?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Posts: 14327
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?
don't know about DS... but I would... I don't give a crap what religion someone has... as long as their political, social and economic values are compatible with mine. I don't need to agree 100%... just close enough.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:I long for a candidate that doesn't believe in religious fairy tales. If I said I believe the the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were real, I would instantly be discredited and labeled as a wacko. I see no difference between a person who believes in TMNT than a person who believes Joseph Smith, a known con man, is a prophet of God. I don't see how religious beliefs get a "pass" when they directly affect how a person approaches life.


See, you start with the fairy tale thing and I think you're heading to a conclusion which makes sense, you're talking about all religions. But no, it's just Mormons. Gotcha. Mormons are weird, other Religions make sense. Personally while I believe in God, I think all dogmatic beliefs are ridiculous and unnecessary.


I am talking about all religions, but some religions I find more odd than others. They all are bologna to me. I point out Mormons, because there is one running for president and if you weren't so narrowly focused on me saying Mormon then you would see that the very next statement I make addresses how religious beliefs tend to be off limits. That is, unless, you are a black man with a *weird* name.

Do you understand the concept of "value judgements"? YOU find it odd... therefore, it's BAD... it's akin to stereotyping... do you do that, as well?


Uh, someone believing and donating millions to a fraudulent cause, to me, is a valid concern especially when it comes to someone who could potentially push forth policies that will affect my life. If that isn't a concern for you then I cannot help that.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?
don't know about DS... but I would... I don't give a crap what religion someone has... as long as their political, social and economic values are compatible with mine. I don't need to agree 100%... just close enough.


If what you are saying is true, you are about the only conservative who would vote for someone who does not have a "Christian" based belief system.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Cappster wrote:Uh, someone believing and donating millions to a fraudulent cause, to me, is a valid concern especially when it comes to someone who could potentially push forth policies that will affect my life. If that isn't a concern for you then I cannot help that.


Right, it's all religions, but it's ... THE MORMONS!!!! ...

Bigotry offered as an excuse when you were going to vote for Obama anyway is beyond lame. Obviously it has nothing to do with how you are going to vote.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk
Posts: 4219
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Has anyone noticed how a tax cut for someone who makes $20,000 is a freebie or a handout but if you multiply by 100 a tax cut for someone making $2,000,000 becomes an incentive to invest?

:hmm:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:08 am

DarthMonk wrote:Has anyone noticed how a tax cut for someone who makes $20,000 is a freebie or a handout


No one calls any "tax cut" a handout. No one. Making up arguments isn't an indication even you think your position is sound. And how can you cut the taxes of someone who doesn't pay taxes?

DarthMonk wrote:but if you multiply by 100 a tax cut for someone making $2,000,000 becomes an incentive to invest?


100 * zero = zero, so I hope we cut the rich's taxes by more than that.

Right now, 1% of the population pay 40% of all Federal taxes and 5% of taxpayers pay 60% of all taxes. 47% pay zero. Ignoring your plan to torch more jobs so there are more people under $20K, how much is enough for you?

And the answer to your question is they invest it. And the evidence that happens is the entire field of economics. When you can explain how liberal politicians know more then the theory and empirical data of the field of economics, get back to us...
Last edited by KazooSkinsFan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

tribe
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 am

Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?


I would vote for a man who could show improvements overall in our Gov over the last 4 years.

NO Bama has not done so and his job performance is Needs to Improve, no better yet: Failure....sorry charlie

Not willing to give him another shot......
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:14 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?


I would vote for a man who could show improvements overall in our Gov over the last 4 years.

NO Bama has not done so and his job performance is Needs to Improve....sorry charlie


That is the point, Tribe. We're electing a ... President ... not a Minister for our church. The left want to talk about anything and everything else because the one thing that Obama has clearly shown is how badly he blows as President. So deflection, like arguing his religion, is the only option left, isn't it?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:Uh, someone believing and donating millions to a fraudulent cause, to me, is a valid concern especially when it comes to someone who could potentially push forth policies that will affect my life. If that isn't a concern for you then I cannot help that.


Right, it's all religions, but it's ... THE MORMONS!!!! ...

Bigotry offered as an excuse when you were going to vote for Obama anyway is beyond lame. Obviously it has nothing to do with how you are going to vote.


Yes, calling someone out for believing in a fraud is bigotry. Got it. :up:

And to add that I haven't fully determined that I am going to vote for Obama yet. I am leaning that way, because it will be the most impactful in regards to keeping Romney out of office.
Last edited by Cappster on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:57 am

DarthMonk wrote:Has anyone noticed how a tax cut for someone who makes $20,000 is a freebie or a handout but if you multiply by 100 a tax cut for someone making $2,000,000 becomes an incentive to invest?

:hmm:


Yes, because as we all know, capitalists, love to give out jobs as if they were doing charity work. It has worked so well the past ten years...
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Return to The Lounge