Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
17
61%
Mitt Romney
11
39%
 
Total votes : 28
kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 am

Cappster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Has anyone noticed how a tax cut for someone who makes $20,000 is a freebie or a handout but if you multiply by 100 a tax cut for someone making $2,000,000 becomes an incentive to invest?

:hmm:


Yes, because as we all know, capitalists, love to give out jobs as if they were doing charity work. It has worked so well the past ten years...


So the more government control fails, the more it's the fault of capitalism...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

cappster
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?


I would vote for a man who could show improvements overall in our Gov over the last 4 years.

NO Bama has not done so and his job performance is Needs to Improve, no better yet: Failure....sorry charlie

Not willing to give him another shot......


The last two years he's been stuck with an obstructionists congress. Nonetheless, you pretty much side stepped the question: Would you vote for a Muslim candidate?
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 am

Cappster wrote:The last two years he's been stuck with an obstructionists congress. Nonetheless, you pretty much side stepped the question: Would you vote for a Muslim candidate?


Can you give any example of anything Obama has proposed other than more government control? Republicans in theory at least are fiscally conservative. How is it obstructionist to not go along with that which is destroying us? Obama's solution as captain of the Titanic is to ram the iceberg again. And Republicans are obstructionist for not going along with that?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 am

Cappster wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:Uh, someone believing and donating millions to a fraudulent cause, to me, is a valid concern especially when it comes to someone who could potentially push forth policies that will affect my life. If that isn't a concern for you then I cannot help that.


Right, it's all religions, but it's ... THE MORMONS!!!! ...

Bigotry offered as an excuse when you were going to vote for Obama anyway is beyond lame. Obviously it has nothing to do with how you are going to vote.


Yes, calling someone out for believing in a fraud is bigotry. Got it. :up:

And to add that I haven't fully determined that I am going to vote for Obama yet. I am leaning that way, because it will be the most impactful in regards to keeping Romney out of office.


If you re-read what you wrote, you seem to have confirmed what I said.

Romney has a track record in politics, can you give me an example of his advancing Mormonism through government?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 am

Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm sorry, but that has to be the stupidest reason to vote for one presidential candidate over another that I've ever heard.


Sooooo you would vote for a Muslim candidate who was a successful businessman if they claim to have a *plan* for economic recovery? Would their belief system be of no interest to you?

I wasn't referencing the Mormon thing, I was talking about SkinsJock's post about not wanting Pelosi and Reid to be in control for four more years. As if two members of congress should influence your vote for president.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Right now, 1% of the population pay 40% of all Federal taxes and 5% of taxpayers pay 60% of all taxes. 47% pay zero.

Are you talking about income taxes, when you say this? If not, this is total BS. If you are, then you should include the percentages of the income those portions of the population represent also, so that there is some point of reference.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 am

tribeofjudah wrote:I would vote for a man who could show improvements overall in our Gov over the last 4 years.

So, did you vote for Bush in his second term? Clinton? I doubt you're old enough to have voted for HW Bush for a second term.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Republicans in theory at least are fiscally conservative.

ROTFALMAO
Easily your funniest post ever.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ch1
Posts: 3633
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Bill O'Reilly put it this way (like him or not)

This country has 2 choices: nanny state vs. self reliance

This administration wants to give freebies to those who cannot or will not do for themselves. It is a NOBLE gesture, but it leads to disaster.

Take for example Spain and Greece. Those countries are BANKRUPT because of this same thing. Now they want to SCALE BACK.....and people are rioting because they DON'T WANT to give up their......FREE STUFF from the gov.

Riot in the streets? Super Power.........no more!


Spain and Greece are in trouble primarily because of their austerity policies. Try reading the paper. Republicans want to give freebees to the rich and make the middle class pick up the tab. Why is it Republicans believe we have to give freebies to the rich to keep them motivated but cut benefits for the poor and middleclass for the same reason?

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:you should include the percentages of the income those portions of the population represent also, so that there is some point of reference.


I know the top 1% earn 20% of all income, but they pay 40% of all taxes. This is simple factual data and there are a plethora of sites that cover it. I have no problem being asked to support some sort of claim or difficult to verify information, but for factual data that can be simply Googled, if you don't know it, you should do your own research. It's just IRS data they report, not some sort of think tank study.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:Republicans believe we have to give freebies to the rich to keep them motivated but cut benefits for the poor and middleclass for the same reason?


Can you back this up with anything but your Marxist views that the government not taking someone's money is spending because all money is the people's money?

The government takes more money and a higher percentage of money from the "rich." But ... they leave them more dollars because they earned more.

The Middle Class pay very low taxes now. The poor and the lower middle classes pay nothing. How is making the middle class pay no taxes instead of very little exactly going to help the economy?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Republicans in theory at least are fiscally conservative.

ROTFALMAO
Easily your funniest post ever.


I hope you mean you're laughing at my point and not that you think I'm nuts for thinking they are not fiscally conservative...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:30 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:The poor and the lower middle classes pay nothing. How is making the middle class pay no taxes instead of very little exactly going to help the economy?

First of all, you keep saying "taxes" as if income taxes are the only form of taxation. They are not. Payroll taxes hit the poor and middle classes at a higher percentage of pay than they do on the top wage earners simply because of the ceiling on SS tax. But to answer your question, the middle class puts a much higher percentage of their income back into the economy, than do the rich.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:33 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Republicans in theory at least are fiscally conservative.

ROTFALMAO
Easily your funniest post ever.


I hope you mean you're laughing at my point and not that you think I'm nuts for thinking they are not fiscally conservative...

I'm laughing at both the "in theory" portion, and at the fact that "in practice" they are not fiscally conservative at all. They might have different priorities for where the money should go than do Democrats, but Republicans can spend with the best of them.
Last edited by Deadskins on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16243
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:you should include the percentages of the income those portions of the population represent also, so that there is some point of reference.


I know the top 1% earn 20% of all income, but they pay 40% of all taxes. This is simple factual data and there are a plethora of sites that cover it. I have no problem being asked to support some sort of claim or difficult to verify information, but for factual data that can be simply Googled, if you don't know it, you should do your own research. It's just IRS data they report, not some sort of think tank study.

I agree. So if it's so easy to look up, then why didn't you post it? You're only giving half the equation.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to The Lounge