RG3 says he "felt sharp" today in practice

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

RG3 says he "felt sharp" today in practice

Postby drocksthaparty » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm

I am excited to see Alfred Morris with RG3, this combo has been great.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/robe ... -practice/

~~~~~~

Re: RG3 says he "felt sharp" today in practice

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 pm

drocksthaparty wrote:I am excited to see Alfred Morris with RG3, this combo has been great.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/robe ... -practice/

I wish he would seat this game. Full health is first and foremost.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:32 pm

If the independent doctors clear him he should play, but with specific instructions to avoid needless hits like the one that put him out of the game Sunday.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:If the independent doctors clear him he should play, but with specific instructions to avoid needless hits like the one that put him out of the game Sunday.

How do you make sure that does not happen?

A dirty player can do that and only gets 15 yards penalty, maybe a fine if it is blatant.

A few extra days of rest make things a lot better. Trust me, I had two of those during my own competitive sports life. You NEVER know when and how the next hit comes, and it does actually come. A few extra days rest makes things clearer and more stable.

We are making an investment in the future. This game is meaningless. It is not our season yet. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:If the independent doctors clear him he should play, but with specific instructions to avoid needless hits like the one that put him out of the game Sunday.

A dirty player can do that and only gets 15 yards penalty, maybe a fine if it is blatant.

A few extra days of rest make things a lot better. Trust me, I had two of those during my own competitive sports life. You NEVER know when and how the next hit comes, and it does actually come. A few extra days rest makes things clearer and more stable.

We are making an investment in the future. This game is meaningless. It is not our season yet. :idea:

+1
Suck and Luck

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

True words.. he plays we win, he sits who knows. Tough choice if he's cleared to play
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:

You didn't read all of what I wrote did you? I said he need needs to avoid needless hits, not avoid hits! Last week he took two pretty hard hits. One was on a CB blitz and the only way he could have avoided it was if he had read the blitz presnap. The other big hit is the one he took that put him out of the game. That one was 100% avoidable. Those are the types of hits he needs to avoid; the needless hits. And he has taken a lot of needless hits.

I'm going to differ to you on the extra game of rest deal because it sounds like you are a doctor since you know more than the doctors that are getting paid to protect RG3! Since Dr. RiC thinks he should sit an extra game why not two, heck lets just put him on IR and be safe!
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:49 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:

You didn't read all of what I wrote did you? I said he need needs to avoid needless hits, not avoid hits! Last week he took two pretty hard hits. One was on a CB blitz and the only way he could have avoided it was if he had read the blitz presnap. The other big hit is the one he took that put him put of the game. That one was 100% avoidable. Those are the type of hits he needs to avoid; the needless hits.

I'm going to differ to you on the extra game of rest deal because it sounds like you are a doctor since you know more than the doctors that are getting paid to protect RG3! Since Dr. RiC thinks he should sit an extra game why not two, heck lets just put him on IR and be safe!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 am

For those of you who think he should be held out an extra week, maybe you should go see a doctor to see if you've mutated into a Ken Doll.

Hmm, Robert says he's fine, said he was fine 15 min after it happened. Doctors are clearing him, hmmm. Maybe, just maybe HE IS actually fine!

For the others that think Shanahan is ruining the kids future by playing him this week in an all out effort to "win at all costs", please PM me more about how you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am

ATX_Skins wrote:please PM me more about how you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy...

And you don't? Open your eyes. --> :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:You didn't read all of what I wrote did you? I said he need needs to avoid needless hits, not avoid hits! Last week he took two pretty hard hits. One was on a CB blitz and the only way he could have avoided it was if he had read the blitz presnap. The other big hit is the one he took that put him put of the game. That one was 100% avoidable. Those are the type of hits he needs to avoid; the needless hits.

No need to try to ridicule my opinion, brother. We are on the side of the same team.

But just be a bit humble. I am not necessarily talking about hits that he can be avoided making wise decisions and not letting his competitive nature take the best of him. I am talking about a hard hit he does not even see coming. It is a contact sport.

We have a legal case signed by MOST NFL players against the NFL precisely because appropriate steps were not taken to protect them after concussions. Art Monk and Mark Rypien just to throw a few names are behind it. :idea:

I understand the desire to have RGIII playing ASAP. I just want him to last a bit longer and enjoy a good career.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:04 am

ATX_Skins wrote:For those of you who think he should be held out an extra week, maybe you should go see a doctor to see if you've mutated into a Ken Doll.

Hmm, Robert says he's fine, said he was fine 15 min after it happened. Doctors are clearing him, hmmm. Maybe, just maybe HE IS actually fine!

For the others that think Shanahan is ruining the kids future by playing him this week in an all out effort to "win at all costs", please PM me more about how you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy...

No, no need for drama.

It is just a precaution and I suspect that we will see more than 1 QB on Sunday. :wink:

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:25 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:For those of you who think he should be held out an extra week, maybe you should go see a doctor to see if you've mutated into a Ken Doll.

No, no need for drama.

It is just a precaution and I suspect that we will see more than 1 QB on Sunday. :wink:

He still has three days of practice, and he will be evaluated every day leading up to Sunday. This is where we differ. If he is cleared I feel it will be a full game for Robert.

That being said, I want to agree with you about seeing 2 QB's Sunday. Not for injury concerns, but because we have stacked such a huge lead.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:

I have to disagree here. Meaningless?? Last I checked, the preseason was over. The Skins are only 1 game out of first place in the NFC East. Sure, the odds are that the Skins will not win a Superbowl this year, but you never know. No game is meaningless until we are mathematically eliminated.

Some people said the same thing about Adrian Peterson. He should rest the first 6 weeks because it's "not their year" anyway. They're 4-1 now.
"You play to win the game. Helloooo." ***Herm Edwards***
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:You didn't read all of what I wrote did you? I said he need needs to avoid needless hits, not avoid hits! Last week he took two pretty hard hits. One was on a CB blitz and the only way he could have avoided it was if he had read the blitz presnap. The other big hit is the one he took that put him put of the game. That one was 100% avoidable. Those are the type of hits he needs to avoid; the needless hits.

No need to try to ridicule my opinion, brother. We are on the side of the same team.

But just be a bit humble. I am not necessarily talking about hits that he can be avoided making wise decisions and not letting his competitive nature take the best of him. I am talking about a hard hit he does not even see coming. It is a contact sport.

We have a legal case signed by MOST NFL players against the NFL precisely because appropriate steps were not taken to protect them after concussions. Art Monk and Mark Rypien just to throw a few names are behind it. :idea:

I understand the desire to have RGIII playing ASAP. I just want him to last a bit longer and enjoy a good career.

RiC,
I wasn't trying to ridicule you, I was trying to make a point. If an informant Dr clears Griffin, in light of all this litigation, then he is definitely healthy enough to play. You think he should be cos out for a game just fire good measures. I was trying to point out that since holding him out wouldn't be based on a medical evaluation, but just your whim, why not make it two games our the rest of the year.

If he is cleared, he should play! As ATX pointed out (and I doing agree with him much) every game is important.

Griffin needs to do a better job protecting himself. Most of the hard hours he has
taken have been hits he could have avoided or volunteered to take. He needs to stop voluntarily taking hits!

Again, my intent was't to ridicule you, that was just an entertaining side benefit. You're a big boy, I'm sure you can take it.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football