RG3 says he "felt sharp" today in practice

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I understand the desire to have RGIII playing ASAP. I just want him to last a bit longer and enjoy a good career.

Maybe he was just held out the first couple days as precautionary and we've they've already done that? It's the problem with saying a couple extra days when you don't know when the starting point it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Robert Griffin III practices without difficulties

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said that quarterback Robert Griffin III didn’t appear to have any setbacks and went through practice without problems Thursday.

Griffin will be evaluated by team doctors before he is cleared to practice Friday. Griffin still hasn’t been cleared for Sunday’s game, Shanahan said.

The quarterback took 75-80 percent of the snaps in Thursday’s practice rather than his usual 85 percent.

”He’s been great in practice this week,” Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said of Griffin. Kyle Shanahan said he expects the quarterback to be able to play Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings.
“Sounds like he’s going to be alright,” he said.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:33 pm

There's a game played in Australia = Aussie Rules

for 25 years they have had a rule - you have a concussion - you sit out the next 2 games

maybe some here have not been closely following the results of ex NFL players who played with concussions - some only had a few during their career

these guys quality of life after football is not at all good

SIT HIM DOWN for 1 week at least
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:please PM me more about how you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy...

And you don't? Open your eyes. --> :shock:

DUH! Clearly the Israeli's staged the whole thing to make radical Islam look bad . . . :roll:
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:There's a game played in Australia = Aussie Rules

for 25 years they have had a rule - you have a concussion - you sit out the next 2 games

maybe some here have not been closely following the results of ex NFL players who played with concussions - some only had a few during their career

Yeah, but they don.t wear helmets down under.

The league its bring sued because how it handled concussions on the past, not the present.

I the past, RG3 would have home back in the game last week. In the past, if a doctor looked at him it would have been a team MD. Now everything is done by independant doctors hired to keep the NFL out of the court room in the future.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

The league its bring sued because how it handled concussions on the past, not the present.

I the past, RG3 would have home back in the game last week. In the past, if a doctor looked at him it would have been a team MD. Now everything is done by independant doctors hired to keep the NFL out of the court room in the future.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

HarleyHog wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:please PM me more about how you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy...

And you don't? Open your eyes. --> :shock:

DUH! Clearly the Israeli's staged the whole thing to make radical Islam look bad . . . :roll:

Radical Islam doesn't need help looking bad, but it is possible the Isrealis were involved. Buildings don't come down at free-fall speed, directly into their own footprint, without some sort of help. And non-pilots, trained for two weeks on simulators, can't perform maneuvers that even Top Gun pilots can't. :idea:

Sorry to derail the thread. I think RG3 will, and should, play the full game this week.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:

Great counter point!

Also, people, this game has wild card implications if not division. The gnats and pukes probably lose this week for a three way tie w the pukes on bottom if rgiii plays. He looked good in the brief clip on ESPN @ practice.... Let's let the drs decide, that's why they clear and don't clear players. Eg Matt Kassel probably hasn't even practiced has he? His hit was much worse. RGiii took a shot to the chin like in a UFC fight. Hell be fine.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Do not worry, guys, I do not feel the Shannahans are really waiting for my clearance (or anybody's opinion in this board for that matter) to make a decision on RGIII this weekend.

Let's just hope for the best decision and the best result even if we have to agree to disagree. You guys feel stronger about our prospects this season than I do.

I still feel that current problems arising from holes in our roster make this season less important than next season. We are not going to grow a dominant OL or a competent secondary in the current roster and this is even more complicated with the injuries that we have suffered. I am not conceding any games to anybody. This team will fight hard. It just does not have a few key people in a few key positions yet. I am looking at the longer view, not just this weekend. That's all.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Great counter point!

Also, people, this game has wild card implications if not division. The gnats and pukes probably lose this week for a three way tie w the pukes on bottom if rgiii plays. He looked good in the brief clip on ESPN @ practice.... Let's let the drs decide, that's why they clear and don't clear players. Eg Matt Kassel probably hasn't even practiced has he? His hit was much worse. RGiii took a shot to the chin like in a UFC fight. Hell be fine.

Wild card implications? It's week 6, first of all. Secondly, have you seen our defense play? This is the "easy" part of our schedule too.
Suck and Luck

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Great counter point!

Wild card implications? It's week 6, first of all. Secondly, have you seen our defense play? This is the "easy" part of our schedule too.

You can throw all that crap out in division games, though. So maybe not wild card implications., but playoff implications nonetheless.

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 am

Our D is what it is.. but held a pretty explosive Atlanta at bay for.a good.part of the game. Had rgiii been in the second half who knows?
Teams like gb and no are having shaky starts, its barely the second quarter of the season... If we can finish 8-8 or 9-8 we have a shot at post season. Rgiii playing, if healthy, gives us the best chance of meeting.that goal. Our run d is stout, and we are seeing players give it their all... That alone can equate to wins w rgiii behind center.

3-2 tied for top of the division... Win four division games or more beat teams like Pitt... We are in the hunt. This weekend is a big game to not play a star player IF he is CLEARED by the drs. Just my 2 cents
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 am

Our D is what it is.. but held a pretty explosive Atlanta at bay for.a good.part of the game. Had rgiii been in the second half who knows?
Teams like gb and no are having shaky starts, its barely the second quarter of the season... If we can finish 8-8 or 9-8 we have a shot at post season. Rgiii playing, if healthy, gives us the best chance of meeting.that goal. Our run d is stout, and we are seeing players give it their all... That alone can equate to wins w rgiii behind center.

3-2 tied for top of the division... Win four division games or more beat teams like Pitt... We are in the hunt. This weekend is a big game to not play a star player IF he is CLEARED by the drs. Just my 2 cents

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If we can finish 8-8 or 9-8 we have a shot at post season.

If we finish 9-8, we'll have shot our first game of the post season.

Hail to the Redskins!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:46 am

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If we can finish 8-8 or 9-8 we have a shot at post season.

If we finish 9-8, we'll have shot our first game of the post season.

If we finish 9-8, that would mean that we MADE the playoffs :lol:
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football