2012 Nationals

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 pm

I think this new one game wild card playoff format sucks. It should at least be best of three.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Man, the Braves got screwed! I hope they win their protest. Not only was the call extremely late, the ball was way out in the outfield.

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Yes, terrible call, and yes, the umpire is supposed to shout "infield fly...out" when the ball is hit...not after it drops. And, yes, baseball should not have a one-game playoff.

Clear that the Cardinals SS and LF bungled the play...either could have had the ball, so probably neither called for it.

Still, very bush-league move for the Atlanta fans to throw trash like that.

(I can't remember a protest being upheld.)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 am

welch wrote:Yes, terrible call, and yes, the umpire is supposed to shout "infield fly...out" when the ball is hit...not after it drops. And, yes, baseball should not have a one-game playoff.

Clear that the Cardinals SS and LF bungled the play...either could have had the ball, so probably neither called for it.

Still, very bush-league move for the Atlanta fans to throw trash like that.

(I can't remember a protest being upheld.)

No, and Torre overruled the protest, because it was inconvenient to scheduled the conclusion. Still, the Braves put themselves in that position with their errors. But damn, it feels like the replacement refs in football. Too bad Chipper had to go out that way. Good luck to the Expos. As for the Atlanta fans, don't be so quick to judge, that could have happened anywhere.

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 am

Deadskins wrote:I think this new one game wild card playoff format sucks. It should at least be best of three.

Not Wild Card games... and I too think the format should be best of 3... and I can understand those that debate the extended time off for the teams that made the playoff outright would hurt the pitching staffs of those teams.

BUT

Ever Division Series has turned into a one game playoff, with all of them going 5 games :wink:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 am

1niksder wrote: I can understand those that debate the extended time off for the teams that made the playoff outright would hurt the pitching staffs of those teams.

Nah, if anything it helps the pitching staffs. They get a few days rest and can set their rotations.

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm

I don't want to think about that last game. I'm in mourning for a few weeks. Been waiting for a Washington baseball team to make post-season since I was about four years old, and could identify Mickey Grasso, Mickey Vernon, Jim Busby, Pet Runnels (always had the biggest chaw of tobacco), Eddie Yost, and then Roy Sievers and Jim Lemon.

Rationally, I say: the Nats will be even better next year. Great core of young players under contract for a long time. First problem next season will be finding a position for Steve Lombardozzi, Tyer Moore, Roger The Shark, Christian Garcia. By 2014, the Nats should have Anthony Rendon and Brian Goodwin, and Lucas Giolito will be working up through the farm system.

Meanwhile, it's time to focus on the Redskins!

HTTR!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 am

We acquired a nice CF:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/na ... story.html

We are superior defensively at all 8 every-day positions (w/LaRoche) and hit well everywhere too!

Oh, and we can pitch.

PS - needs to become a 2013 thread soon

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Washington Sports Teams