Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:14 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:Another factor that needs to be considered is there is a lot of regional immigration here in the DC Metro area. Between the Fed and all the IT and Tech here, I'm almost positive that we have more people from out of the area than almost any other area.
Note, this is NOT about international immigration.

Ummm... I believe that was also true in the 70' and 80's... but you wouldn't have had to wade through a sea of black and gold during a home game against Pittsburgh...

The move from RFK to FedEx opened up about 40,000 new seats, though.

I would find it reasonable to expect that if you had a 48000 seat stadium, and typically had 5% enemy fans in attendance, and suddenly added 32000 seats, you'd STILL HAVE 5% enemy fans in attendance... not 25-30%.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:27 am

Countertrey wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:Another factor that needs to be considered is there is a lot of regional immigration here in the DC Metro area. Between the Fed and all the IT and Tech here, I'm almost positive that we have more people from out of the area than almost any other area.

Ummm... I believe that was also true in the 70' and 80's... but you wouldn't have had to wade through a sea of black and gold during a home game against Pittsburgh...

I would find it reasonable to expect that if you had a 48000 seat stadium, and typically had 5% enemy fans in attendance, and suddenly added 32000 seats, you'd STILL HAVE 5% enemy fans in attendance... not 25-30%.

Maybe, if you were anyplace but DC.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:15 am

Countertrey wrote:

Didn't say it was the only factor...
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby Snout » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:53 am

Sorry, but criticizing the fans on this issue is way out of place. The team made a decision to move out of the most fan-and-home-team-friendly stadium in the NFL and into one of the most sterile and characterless stadiums imaginable. The team sent a very clear and unmistakable message to the fans that it's all about the money -- not loyalty. It is no wonder that many ticket holders now feel the same way.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:14 am

Snout wrote:Sorry, but criticizing the fans on this issue is way out of place. The team made a decision to move out of the most fan-and-home-team-friendly stadium in the NFL and into one of the most sterile and characterless stadiums imaginable. The team sent a very clear and unmistakable message to the fans that it's all about the money -- not loyalty. It is no wonder that many ticket holders now feel the same way.

You can't put that decision to move to Landover on Snyder, though. Put it on Jack Kent Cooke...RalJon!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:07 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

And the team was winning more during the 70 and 80!

However, take a trip up I270, route 7 in Va, or the Dullas toll road and it is undeniable that this area has had an explosive growth of technology companies and many of those have international ties or at least bring in tens of thousands of people from outside of the area.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:38 pm

yeah i was there and i was screaming as loud as i could on defense and cheered after almost every offensive play.. but there a crap load of terrible towels waving in the air. i couldnt beleive it..
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:32 pm

I was going to start a new thread about the crowd noise, but I remembered that I started this thread as one of my first on the site. Here we are again...4 years later, and not much has changed as far as how I view the fans that go to these games. Back then, it was, "well give us a reason to cheer and we would be louder." If you can't get up for this team, and this transformation, then I'm not sure what you get up for. You waiting until we get to the Superbowl to get hostile?

Others said, well they took RFK away, boohoo...what a joke. They replaced it with a stadium that's almost twice the size. It should be twice as loud.

I really thought the Sean Taylor towels would come out more then they did at the time. Hell I bought about 5 dozen and were giving them away to people...no dice.

Don't believe me? Check out the latest ranking of toughest places to play and we're mentioned on the right hand column as the second EASIEST.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hot ... -advantage

I'm not sure why I could see any empty seats in that stadium, but they are far from sold out, but the team claims they are? What gives? Also, if you are a fan that wears that BLUE pro bowl jersey to the games, please find a red one. If its not the colors of the team, leave it at home.

How about getting some sort of Indian war cry going? Like they used to (maybe still do) for the Braves games, or the FSU tomahawk chop. I don't know the answer, but I do know it's pathetic, and the fans that go to these games suck (not all, but most).

Listen to Fletcher at the 8:30 mark (listen to the full interview if you have time), and listen to what he's asking for. We CAN be louder and rowdier, but for whatever reason, we aren't.
http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... c9c3c7790f
Last edited by chiefhog44 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Are you talking about the game vs Vikings or you just speaking in general? :hmm:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:00 pm

not speaking for ch44 - I think that it's disapointing that there is not more 'noise' from close to 90,000 fans

having people make the 'same' noise as they do at soccer stadiums overseas is a lot more effective

maybe the RG3 noise will help but when the other team is on offense screaming RG3 is not getting it done

the stadium should try and co-ordinate that ...
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:53 pm

If they want more noise and a more difficult place to play there is an easy solution:

Lower ticket prices so the more vocal fans can attend.

Snyder trys to nickel and dime the fans at every opportunity. Ticket prices are insane, parking is among the highest in the league, food and expecially beer are without question the most expensive in the NFL. 2 tickets in the WORST section, with parking and food will easily set you back $350 for tix, food, parking, etc. You want good seats -- your looking at $600 total for 2 people. The stadium is full of rich, non vocal folks who show up late and leave early.

That won't change by coordinating chants or getting rally towels. You need to fill the stadium with actual fans that care about the team; not rich families looking for a way to spend their money on sundays.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm

markshark84 wrote:If they want more noise and a more difficult place to play there is an easy solution:

Snyder trys to nickel and dime the fans at every opportunity. Ticket prices are insane, parking is among the highest in the league, food and expecially beer are without question the most expensive in the NFL. 2 tickets in the WORST section, with parking and food will easily set you back $350 for tix, food, parking, etc. You want good seats -- your looking at $600 total for 2 people. The stadium is full of rich, non vocal folks who show up late and leave early.

That won't change by coordinating chants or getting rally towels. You need to fill the stadium with actual fans that care about the team; not rich families looking for a way to spend their money on sundays.

:rock:
Right on man! Well put!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Or we could just do like the Seahawks do and pipe in noise and blame it "stadium acoustics"

Guess it's a little late for that, huh?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 pm

markshark84 wrote:If they want more noise and a more difficult place to play there is an easy solution:

Going to the game can cost as low as $30 per person. Buy SRO seats (~$25), take the subway, don't buy darn thing in the stadium.

I refuse to pay $8 per beer (even though they will cost you $12 at a concert at Liffy Lube Live). I eat and drink credit the game. Saves money and any buzz I have is long gone before I drive home.

You can go to a game cheep. You can pay a lot. It is up to you!

You can sit in traffic (SUCKERS!) our you can get home on less time than it would take on a week day.

The game day experience is what you make of it! If you don't like it, change it!

I think this stadium is MUCH easier to get on and out of than RFK stadium (i don't like taking the subway and didn't like taking it to RFK). The stadium is much nicer than RFK and that is part of the problem. At RFK people came to the game to see THE GAME because it was a paim in the arse top drive to so tail gating was a challenge, the stadium had NOTHING TO DO except watch the game, there were no HD video boards (heck there wasn't any place to see a replay), but the biggest reason it was hard to play at RFK was because the team was good!

Look Snyder could do a lot to change the environment. His huge HD boards are almost never used, but the fans are the biggest problem.

Get out of the parking lot in time to see the game. Not part of the game but kickoff to the final whistle. Stay in your seats, except off course when you're standing on front of them. Don't tell at someone for standing up in front of you, tell at the guy behind you for not standing!

Make some freaking noise! Except during the national anthem and please stop that RETARDED Orioles O!!! This isn't Batltimore, we aren't Baltimorons!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:39 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Listen to Fletcher at the 6:30 mark (listen to the full interview if you have time), and listen to what he's asking for. We CAN be louder and rowdier, but for whatever reason, we aren't.
http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... c9c3c7790f

It's at 8:30, not 6:30
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football