Giants Fan Here

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Giants Fan Here

Postby hakeemthedream » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

What's up fellas. Giants fan here. Just wanted to check in and want to say I look forward to talking some football with you guys in the upcoming days. This should be a good one. While many are saying this is a trap game for the Giants, the Skins also had a nice win themselves last week, so both teams should be coming in pretty confident. Gotta think we'll take this one at home, but who knows looking back to last year's results.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Dream,
Welcome, you will be treated well here. I can't say the same for how we're treating your owner for stealing $36M from us, but that is him not you.

Looking forward to this game because, the Giants should be the class of the division and we will need to beet your team if we have a chance of winning the NFCE.

Osi might regret running his mouth off about "Bob"!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby hakeemthedream » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Dream,
Welcome, you will be treated well here. I can't say the same for how we're treating your owner for stealing $36M from us, but that is him not you.

Looking forward to this game because, the Giants should be the class of the division and we will need to beet your team if we have a chance of winning the NFCE.

Osi might regret running his mouth off about "Bob"!

Thanks 33, also pretty curious to see how we handle Griffin. Worried about his ability to run the football then anything else, but your receiving core also seems to have improved. I think the key is more containing him then anything else. Don't let him escape the pocket. Need a good push up the middle with the DTs. Our secondary is starting to look pretty good with Prince back who has been a very pleasant surprise, so if we do this, I think Eli should be able to do his thing on the other side of the ball, and I like our odds

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:52 pm

HTD....although I did not see ur game vs the 49ers last weekend...i was at fedex watching the rgiii
show.....was impressed that the giants would go to sf and lay the wood to what many were calling the most complete team in the nfl. Think we may have a long day if we let bradshaw run rampant....
Also, think ur team will remember last seasons losses to us. Still I am hopeful for a win......at theend of the day I want to see rgiii vs ur front dline.....and also want a serious injury free game.....except maybe for mara, if he were to get run over by a player accidentally (or on purpose) I wouldn't shed to many tears.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome to the board.
:taps gloves:

RGiii is NOT Alex smith man, and he's looking better then the turnover machine Vick-who led the eagles to victory vs you guys on prime time. By no means is this an easy game for either team, no eastern division games are... But we've had your number, and are looking better on both sides of the ball coming in.
32-24 skins.
Hail victory!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:00 am

Hey 72.....not sure that HTD sounds good.

It's too close to STD........lol

Highly Transmitted Di........nevermind
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Re: Giants Fan Here

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:What's up fellas. Giants fan here. Just wanted to check in and want to say I look forward to talking some football with you guys in the upcoming days. This should be a good one. While many are saying this is a trap game for the Giants, the Skins also had a nice win themselves last week, so both teams should be coming in pretty confident. Gotta think we'll take this one at home, but who knows looking back to last year's results.

welcome bro.. from one RG3 to the next RG3.. we gona own ya'll !! :lol:

Here's to a good game with NO injuries!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:What's up fellas. Giants fan here. Just wanted to check in and want to say I look forward to talking some football with you guys in the upcoming days. This should be a good one. While many are saying this is a trap game for the Giants, the Skins also had a nice win themselves last week, so both teams should be coming in pretty confident.

I can see the giants being VERY confident - being from NY and getting all the 'love' they get from the refs, the media AND the commissioner
- yeah they've been looking at this as a 'given' for a while now

I'm sure they're a little concerned about RG3 but ... this is the NY giants - the defending SB champs
AND .. they're playing against a group that most think will be lucky to win between 6 to 8 games .. :lol:
Gotta think we'll take this one at home, but who knows looking back to last year's results.

yeah - last year we had 'RG 3 and out' - look how that went in NY :lol:
that was the opening game and nobody can convince me that the giants did not want to win that game really badly ... :wink:

looking forward to a good game ...

it's payback time :twisted:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:... Gotta think we'll take this one at home, but who knows looking back to last year's results.

You guys also thought you would get BOTH games last year. So, little has changed. Your team is still hurting from those losses and they will prepare well for us. But your team is so inconsistent from week to week that we do not know who will show up this Sunday.

Besides, we know many of your fellow fans REALLY do not like Tom Coughlin and will be calling for his head at the earliest opportunity. So, we plan on giving you an extra excuse.

At least Usi acknowledged that RGIII deserves the cool nickname. What a relief for RGIII and ourselves the fans! :roll:

NFC East rivalies are the best imo.

Here's a toast to NO injuries on either side: -drinking
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby hakeemthedream » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah, these games always tend to be dogfights. This one won't be decided by any more than 10 points, bank on it. I'm real excited to get to see our WR core at full strength again, I think we could really open up things in the passing game especially if our run game stays consistent. In my opinion, your best chance is to try and make us one dimensional, because once we establish the run, our play-action is absolutely lethal.

Postby hakeemthedream » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:01 pm

I think if you had Garcon that would be a big help, but then again we've been burned by the likes of Anthony Armstrong before. If Morris is shut down, Bob is going to have a tough task in my opinion. If our D-Line pins its ears back like last week, he could be running for his life, not so much for 70 yd touchdowns haha

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:59 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:If our D-Line pins its ears back like last week, he could be running for his life, not so much for 70 yd touchdowns haha
It was Minnesota's defense pinning it's ears back that sprung him for the 76 yarder. Teams don't blitz RG3... at least, not more than once. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby hakeemthedream » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:If our D-Line pins its ears back like last week, he could be running for his life, not so much for 70 yd touchdowns haha
It was Minnesota's defense pinning it's ears back that sprung him for the 76 yarder. Teams don't blitz RG3... at least, not more than once. :twisted:

However, Minnesota's front has one great player, while the Giant's has 4 in my opinion. RG3 has yet to see what he's about to Sunday, I think he's going to struggle, as the Giants have played scrambling QBs well so far this season. I don't see who your threats are in the passing game without Garcon, I think we will hold you to less than 20. I'm thinking a 28-20, 27-17 type game.

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Hakeem, you seem like a good guy. Why is your owner such a ;furious; ?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:I think if you had Garcon that would be a big help, but then again we've been burned by the likes of Anthony Armstrong before. If Morris is shut down, Bob is going to have a tough task in my opinion. If our D-Line pins its ears back like last week, he could be running for his life, not so much for 70 yd touchdowns haha

Here is a question for you Hakeem.

What kind of offense will the Skins show on Sunday?

Almost every game, the Skins have shown a new wrinkle. Last week - just about everyone except the linemen were in the backfield at one time or another with RGIII. The Vikes Linebackers lost that instinctive first step

My point is the Giants will be very well prepared for Sunday, but will the Giants be prepared for the right things? (that's another question, but certainly related to the first)
Last year, the old ZBS blocking scheme well enough to get the O going. Giant's haven't shut that down yet.

To me, a major key is our defense. Last year for some reason, we had your offense's number . We had our best defensive games last year against the Giants.

Go back to 2010, we got stomped in the first half of the first game, but came back and made it a game in the second half. The last game of the 2010, we statistically beat the Giants with Rex at QB. You mentioned getting burned by Armstrong. Since the second half of game 1 of 2010, our D has looked very good against the Giants when it has looked poor against most of the other teams.

Here comes question 3 - Does Haslett have the Giant's Offense's number?

MikeJones Article on the Skins Ever Changing Offense

Redskin Bulletin Board Material

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football