News on Jamaal Brown

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

News on Jamaal Brown

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:47 am

Came across this article today. It appears that things are looking good for Brown. Feeling great now, and Shanny is hoping he can play after the bye. Question here though: I don't get to see many of the games due to living in Mississippi. Is Polumbus doing enough to hold the job, or do we make the switch back to Brown. Brown may be the better player, but has the current line developed a good chemistry that would be hindered by making the switch?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... er-return/

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:33 pm

I think Polumbus is doing well enough to keep him in and continue building chemistry. I don't think Brown was good enough to start-at-all-costs, nor has he proven himself reliable.

Let Brown make it through a couple weeks of practice without hurting himself, then maybe put him in if Polumbus really struggles.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

piggie

Postby fetus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Thinking we should just stick with Tyler... he has done extremely better than I anticipated. Jamal would have been nice to have around but at this point through 6 games, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Polumbus stays I hope and Jamal cut in offseason???? what are his current numbers and how much would it cost us to let him go?
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Polumbus has done better than expected, but a healthy Jamaal Brown is a definite upgrade at RT. If he's healthy, put him in there!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:52 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Polumbus has done better than expected, but a healthy Jamaal Brown is a definite upgrade at RT. If he's healthy, put him in there!

I agree.. let Tyler be the back up and spell Brown if need be. If Brown can get and stay healthy, and play as well as the best he has (even just for US during his bumpy career here) Tyler adds needed depth w the rooks getting better. Getting people back and getting stronger after the bye week would be a dream come true- especially if they all meet or surpass expectations.
Brown
Garçon
Merriweather
Would he nice additions if 100% for a push through the second half of the schedule..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:21 am

^^ what he said ...

these next 7 games looked a lot tougher at the begining of the season

IF we can get healthy and add some depth we MIGHT come out of this stretch pretty well
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 am

I dunno. I'd be feeling pretty confident about my position as starter if I was Polumbus. LOL. I'll believe this one when I see it!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:57 am

Interesting decision but I suspect that Brown is not fully ready to start yet. He might be having a few snaps though.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm

A good OL needs continuity -- which is achieved by playing together week by week. Even if Brown is a better player (which is HIGHLY questionable) Polumbus has been developing his role within the OL and the OL has shown improvement since STL (although they need to continue to get better).

I think it would be a HUGE mistake to mess with an OLs continuity in the middle of the year unless there is good reason to. I don't think Polumbus has given MS or KS enough reason to replace him mid-year AND I don't think that Brown is good/talented enough to take the risk of compromising the current OL's continuity.

I personally believe that this weekend's game against NYG will be the best test in how well our OL is playing as a unit. If Polumbus does well and continues to show improvement over the next couple games, I see no reason to replace him as long as we are contending.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Brown is not even in the official depth chart for Sunday:

WR Leonard Hankerson Joshua Morgan Dezmon Briscoe
LT Trent Williams Maurice Hurt
LG Kory Lichtensteiger Josh LeRibeus
C Will Montgomery Kory Lichtensteiger
RG Chris Chester Adam Gettis
RT Tyler Polumbus Jordan Black
TE Fred Davis Niles Paul Logan Paulsen
WR Pierre Garcon Santana Moss Aldrick Robinson
QB Robert Griffin III Kirk Cousins Rex Grossman
FB Darrel Young
RB Alfred Morris Evan Royster Ryan Grant
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 pm

They don't list Brandon Banks as a WR?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby yupchagee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Brown is not even in the official depth chart for Sunday:

WR Leonard Hankerson Joshua Morgan Dezmon Briscoe
LT Trent Williams Maurice Hurt
LG Kory Lichtensteiger Josh LeRibeus
C Will Montgomery Kory Lichtensteiger
RG Chris Chester Adam Gettis
RT Tyler Polumbus Jordan Black
TE Fred Davis Niles Paul Logan Paulsen
WR Pierre Garcon Santana Moss Aldrick Robinson
QB Robert Griffin III Kirk Cousins Rex Grossman
FB Darrel Young
RB Alfred Morris Evan Royster Ryan Grant

That's because he hasn't been activated yet. I hope he makes it back. We REALLY need an upgrade over Black.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 am

markshark84 wrote:
I personally believe that this weekend's game against NYG will be the best test in how well our OL is playing as a unit. If Polumbus does well and continues to show improvement over the next couple games, I see no reason to replace him as long as we are contending.

^ This right here. It's not like J. Brown is Orlando Pace 2.0. If Polumbus holds his own vs the Giants, it's his job to lose.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Garçon a full go yet? SOB
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football