Want to bring my boy to his first game!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~

Want to bring my boy to his first game!

Postby Champsturf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm in Ohio and looking to take my 10 year old to his first Skins game. I'd LOVE for it to be the Dallas game. I have been checking ticket prices, and they seem crazy high! I don't care where we sit, but I think that a seat is needed. Any thoughts, opinions, or any help of any kind would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your input!
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

~~~~~~

Re: Want to bring my boy to his first game!

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

Champsturf wrote:I'm in Ohio and looking to take my 10 year old to his first Skins game. I'd LOVE for it to be the Dallas game. I have been checking ticket prices, and they seem crazy high! I don't care where we sit, but I think that a seat is needed. Any thoughts, opinions, or any help of any kind would be appreciated.

If I had season tickets, they would be yours for this game.

Just keep the kid away from drunk tailgaters and cross my fingers that you have a good experience.

I did take public transport when I used to go to games. The headache of parking there is horrendous.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Champsturf wrote:I'm in Ohio and looking to take my 10 year old to his first Skins game. I'd LOVE for it to be the Dallas game. I have been checking ticket prices, and they seem crazy high! I don't care where we sit, but I think that a seat is needed. Any thoughts, opinions, or any help of any kind would be appreciated.

Plan to go to the game. Buy at the stadium and you'll get a MUCH better price. Too far out right now to be buying.

With kids, I always buy on site so if something happens, or if the kid doesn't want to go last minute, you aren't forcing a bad experience. Plus you will get tickets at a much more affordable price.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks guys. I know to keep him away from the drunks, but there are good things about tailgating that I'd like him to experience.
Chief, as far as better and more affordable pricing, what kind of money are we talking? I can get great seats in Cleveland (30 yard line, row 9) for less than $130 each. I'd like to know what to expect before heading down there. If I do end up going, I will be in contact with you all on here to meet up and have some guidance for gameday at Fedex. ;-)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

I have NEVER paid more than $50 for a ticket - even Dallas on Monday Night. Use craigslist. Offer face. Saturday night or Sunday morning you will find your man. I'll be going. You could PM me that week and I might land 2 extras for you.

GL

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Kids and crowds are easy to deal with. As a kid I have been to many Greatful Dead concerts and as an adult have brought mine or been in charge of others. Redskins games are different but the same rule applies, have them close to you and no harm comes. It is an experience to rome the lot (tail gate). As far as extra tickets it costs unless you have luck here. Good luck brother.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:30 am

Kilmer72 wrote:As a kid I have been to many Greatful Dead concerts

Good parents. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks to all of you! I'm still looking into it. I don't know if I have the stones to take my boy to DC on a whim in hopes of tickets though. Time will tell.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Champsturf wrote:Thanks to all of you! I'm still looking into it. I don't know if I have the stones to take my boy to DC on a whim in hopes of tickets though. Time will tell.

I doubt it will be a tough ticket. There are 79,000 of them. Many people will say "screw it" and put them on craigslist. Sad but likely true.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 pm

I just went to the Steeler game and I went for free. Wait until the week of the game and search Craigslist. Start monitoring the ticket prices. You will see them come down as the game gets closer and you may even have someone on here that's willing to give them to you. :wink:

Settle on the tickets the day before the game if you don't want to risk going to the game and not finding any. The risk in that is that you won't sit in ideal seats.
Miss you 21

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 am

You all have been very helpful. I still haven't decided yet though. I am, however, going to Cleveland on the 16th. Is anyone else going? We'd like to do some tailgating before the game. It will be my wife's first game as well as my buddy's first. We will be representing the Skins with pride! Can't wait!!!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Nobody's going to the Cleveland game? I guess that we have to "represent" even more than I thought. Still hoping to hear from you all.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:38 am

Nobody's going to the Cleveland game? I guess that we have to "represent" even more than I thought. Still hoping to hear from you all.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

Let me look into flights bro
Miss you 21

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Keep me posted!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football