Redskins - Giants postgame thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14 am

No. You HOLD ON TO THE FREAKING BALL!!!! Running backs run a lot. If they fumble a lot, they sit on the bench. I am not saying he should be benched. I am just saying that he has to hold on to the ball better. Fumbles cost games. If anybody else had 7 fumbles, even though they only lost 2, most on this board would be screaming for their heads. He has to improve in that area.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 am

The RG3 haters are now out in force?

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 am

From Chris Russell's Twitter...

Some intense breakdown of Fred Davis penalty w/ Antwaan & myself just a few mins. ago. AREL says good call, Fred has to re-set after motion
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:58 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:No. You HOLD ON TO THE FREAKING BALL!!!! Running backs run a lot. If they fumble a lot, they sit on the bench. I am not saying he should be benched. I am just saying that he has to hold on to the ball better. Fumbles cost games. If anybody else had 7 fumbles, even though they only lost 2, most on this board would be screaming for their heads. He has to improve in that area.

Dude he is only a rookie jeez....but the way some redskins fans have been spoiled early on ...you will not think the guy is a rookie at all.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:59 am

Funny enough Andrew luck has more fumbles lost than RG3 hahahaha

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 pm

RGIII should NEVER EVER FUMBLE THE BALL. Don't you guys KNOW?????

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 pm

I know he is a rookie. I am not being a hater. I am still enamored with the guy. All I am saying, is that he does need to improve that aspect. If Morris had 7 fumbles, even though he didn't lose them all, He would not be the starting running back. Look at Matthews in San Diego. He was warned that he would be limited if he didn't secure the ball.

I know he is a rook, an he will improve in that area. Just pointing out that he does need to fix that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:57 pm

I wonder if RGIII knows that. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Re: Redskins - Giants postgame thread

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:In my opinion, this was a hard fought game and a good effort on the the part of the Skins. Unfortunately, RGIII can't do it all himself, though he nearly did.

Frustrating to lose, but we played well. I'm already looking forward to game two at home, and I also suspect we are going to be giving our other NFC East opponents a tough fight.

Well done, RGIII. Way to go, Morris. Loved your work today, o-line. Nice work by our d-line and 'backers.

Someone please get our secondary some help. :lol:

Correction:

Someone please get us a secondary
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:11 pm

welch wrote:Agreed. I saw that option play and gasped. No way it can work in the NFL.

Still, the Redskins need DBs...fast or skilled or both.

Amen.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 pm

oj wrote:The refs made a difference in this game, the same ref that didn't call a helmut being ripped off 'jowls' head made the 'legwhip' call that changed the game.
The refs made some one-sided calls yesterday but the Skins are the ones that lost the game, so i am not all that upset at the refs.
Both Morris and Moss inexplicably put the ball on the ground, i can't remember the last time Moss fumbled and this is the first time i have seen Morris fumble. We could still have won the game with 4 turnovers, unthinkable but we could have.
What is unthinkable and cost us the game is letting Cruse get past the coverage - three guys chased him down the field and i swear i could hear him laughing the entire way. Pitiful.
Mannings' jersey looked pristine at the end of the day and if not for an electrical problem with his helmut he had a 'business as usual' afternoon without any significant distractions. We needed to change that, if we had actually pressured him that pass to Cruse would never have been made. He had too much time in the pocket.
I will say one thing, the Giants are scared of RG3 and the Skins. They know just how lucky they were.

Didn't we get huge pressure right in face? Wasn't he crushed at release? That play was all about a safety not staying overthe top. We had the right guy doubled and blew it.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Didn't we get huge pressure right in face? Wasn't he crushed at release?

Yes, which is why it's so critical to bump guys off the line; it throws the whole timing off.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Didn't we get huge pressure right in face? Wasn't he crushed at release?

Yes, which is why it's so critical to bump guys off the line; it throws the whole timing off.

Agreed
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm

OK, Ive calmed down enough now.

heres my opinion,

The D-backs guessed wrong on that play and were caught flat footed when Cruz ran that as a streak route. Up until that point he had been breaking that route to the sideline the whole game. probably had it on film too. They gambled and payed for it. Had it gone the way they expected, they had it covered. Up until that point, Eli was held well under 300 yards and the running game was shut down. Usually we give up multiple plays like that 77 yarder, not so much now.

Fact is, this defense with all the injuries, are still making strides. We just went on the road and played one of the best teams in the NFL, turned the ball over 4 times and still almost won that game. Look at the numbers that Giants team put up on San Fran last week on the road.

Im still seeing this team improve week after week and thats encouraging. The turnovers? lets hope that doesnt continue, thats the only step back I saw us take this week or for the season, for that matter.

The second half of this schedule had everyone worried in the beginning. I'm not worried anymore, as a matter of fact I wouldnt be surpised if we ran the table from here out. I know its unlikely but, it wouldn't surprise me.

On to Pittsburgh!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:54 pm

jmooney wrote:OK, Ive calmed down enough now.

heres my opinion,

The D-backs guessed wrong on that play and were caught flat footed when Cruz ran that as a streak route. Up until that point he had been breaking that route to the sideline the whole game. probably had it on film too. They gambled and payed for it. Had it gone the way they expected, they had it covered. Up until that point, Eli was held well under 300 yards and the running game was shut down. Usually we give up multiple plays like that 77 yarder, not so much now.

Fact is, this defense with all the injuries, are still making strides. We just went on the road and played one of the best teams in the NFL, turned the ball over 4 times and still almost won that game. Look at the numbers that Giants team put up on San Fran last week on the road.

Im still seeing this team improve week after week and thats encouraging. The turnovers? lets hope that doesnt continue, thats the only step back I saw us take this week or for the season, for that matter.

The second half of this schedule had everyone worried in the beginning. I'm not worried anymore, as a matter of fact I wouldnt be surpised if we ran the table from here out. I know its unlikely but, it wouldn't surprise me.

On to Pittsburgh!

I'm not an expert and don't have the time to look at the film, so I can't give an opinion on Eli's bomb to Cruz. But I agree with everything else you are saying. I really do believe this was a good game for the Skins. Yes, a bad lapse when it mattered most, and personally I don't have any excuses for the secondary there. But up until that point, we held a very, very good offense on its home turf to a very manageable performance.

In particular, I can say that I'm looking forward to the rest of our NFC East games, because in a real way we have nothing to lose, but both Dallas and Philly are teetering on the brink of a major blowup.

And with RGIII under center, anything can happen, as we have seen week after week after week now. At the beginning of the year I was kind of dreading our upcoming stretch of games. Now, I'm not at all.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football