Get Cooley Back...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:This would be a smart move IMO. Cooley knows this offense. If he's healthy and if he's in shape, I say bring the brutha back.

I was a little put back by his ego. I'd ask him some hard questions if he's found a little humility before pulling the trigger given that 31 other teams have passed on him. I'm surprised to be saying that after his tenure here, but I was shocked at some of his statements reflecting a complete lack of a grasp of reality of his situation.

You haven't been following the league this year huh. The Raiders and Jets both reached out to him. If I remember correctly Dallas also offered him contract. Cooley turned down all 3 teams and I'm sure there were more offers given the rash of injuries at the position. I wouldn't be shocked if he and the expected him to be back at some point anyways this year. Maybe post bye week.

You haven't been following the league this year huh?

For you to say he changed his mind or even that his statements at the time were overblown could be completely reasonable, but that you have no idea what I'm referring to isn't.

You're right. I don't and no, I didn't say he changed his mind or that his statements were overblown.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 am

Just wanted to say, COOOOOOOOLEY.
Hail,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 am

^^^^
Frankie and Kaz....what we have here is a failure to communicate
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 am

I wasn't even trying to be offensive or anything. I was clearly pointing out that maybe he hasn't followed the NFL news or anything. Not sure why it would generate that response which didn't really reference what I even said.

piglet

Postby butterd97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 am

I love Cooley but really not sure this is gonna work out very well
Man that fight with girl all day get no piece at night.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 am

frankcal20 wrote:I wasn't even trying to be offensive or anything. I was clearly pointing out that maybe he hasn't followed the NFL news or anything. Not sure why it would generate that response which didn't really reference what I even said.

sometimes it just posting/commenting on the wrong post... you know: mistaken identity.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 am

butterd97 wrote:I love Cooley but really not sure this is gonna work out very well

I am skeptical as well for several reasons, including age and health issues. However, I do feel he was the best choice available and he certainly deserves a chance.

I wanted to see him working with RGIII. Wish granted.

Best wishes, and prove the doubters like me wrong, Chris!!!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:56 am

markshark84 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Please, and thank you.

Oh and give Raheem morris the dc job

Maybe move shall to safety it can't get any worse .

Silver lining- rgiii for another rookie of the week nominee

Yes on Cooley, but no on Morris. Raheem's in charge of the achilles heal of our D. If fact, he is most likely the individual most responsible for our secondary play and in effect, our horrendous D. I would fire him after the season......

Promoting the defenses' most underperforming defensive coach just doesn't make much sense to me...........

+1. THANK YOU.

I seriously couldn't believe I read that. I'm not blaming Raheem, but we lost that game yesterday when our secondary got torched in the final minute by pretty much the ONLY wr we needed to cover. I don't know if that was Morris' fault or the players, but I'm not about to promote the guy.

I heard mention on the radio this morning that Morris' Tampa team lost by an average of 42-15 over its last ten games last year. How about we let Raheem Morris prove that he can coach before we start calling for him to take over the entire defense??

Sucks about Fred. But I'm glad Cooley got the call, and I hope he's motivated to come in here and give it another run. Niles Paul wasn't good yesterday.

piglet

Postby butterd97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I hope you are right Kazoo but I just think Cooley has lost a step and will not be able to be effective . I hope I am wrong !
Man that fight with girl all day get no piece at night.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I wasn't even trying to be offensive or anything. I was clearly pointing out that maybe he hasn't followed the NFL news or anything. Not sure why it would generate that response which didn't really reference what I even said.

Because what you said was correct and what he said was a mystery, so he tried to change the meaning of what you said...

You haven't been following the board too much this year :D.

You pointed out the teams he turned down, but that's not really what Kaz is talking about, it's more CC's attitude that he's worried about than his playing time.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm

riggofan wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Please, and thank you.

Oh and give Raheem morris the dc job

Maybe move shall to safety it can't get any worse .

Silver lining- rgiii for another rookie of the week nominee

Yes on Cooley, but no on Morris. Raheem's in charge of the achilles heal of our D. If fact, he is most likely the individual most responsible for our secondary play and in effect, our horrendous D. I would fire him after the season......

Promoting the defenses' most underperforming defensive coach just doesn't make much sense to me...........

+1. THANK YOU.

I seriously couldn't believe I read that. I'm not blaming Raheem, but we lost that game yesterday when our secondary got torched in the final minute by pretty much the ONLY wr we needed to cover. I don't know if that was Morris' fault or the players, but I'm not about to promote the guy.

I heard mention on the radio this morning that Morris' Tampa team lost by an average of 42-15 over its last ten games last year. How about we let Raheem Morris prove that he can coach before we start calling for him to take over the entire defense??

Sucks about Fred. But I'm glad Cooley got the call, and I hope he's motivated to come in here and give it another run. Niles Paul wasn't good yesterday.

I don't blame him for the play calling or the talent, but I do blame him for how his secondary was positioned on the 77 yard pass to Cruz. Any good SS (and their COACH) knows to never let a WR get behind you --- especially when you are up by 3 with 1:30 left. What makes it worse is that I believe they were in cover 2 -- but I could be wrong.

I blame the secondary's dismissal of fundamentals on their coach. The fundamentals of the game are up to the coach. If a player or players consistently ignore them or forget -- it's on the coach. I place that on Morris.

Before the year I was excited about Morris, but he has shown why he was tossed out in TBay.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 pm

butterd97 wrote:I hope you are right Kazoo but I just think Cooley has lost a step and will not be able to be effective . I hope I am wrong !

I'm not saying he's going to step in and replace Fred Davis. I am just saying he's a pass catching tight end and our options are limited. Cooley was one of our two only reliable pass catchers for years. I don't know that he'll be as effective as he was, but I think he'll be more effective then our other current TE options in the passing game. And he'll be helped that our only pass options are not just him and one receiver, we have more receivers who participate than we have had in a while.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:34 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
butterd97 wrote:I hope you are right Kazoo but I just think Cooley has lost a step and will not be able to be effective . I hope I am wrong !

I'm not saying he's going to step in and replace Fred Davis. I am just saying he's a pass catching tight end and our options are limited. Cooley was one of our two only reliable pass catchers for years. I don't know that he'll be as effective as he was, but I think he'll be more effective then our other current TE options in the passing game. And he'll be helped that our only pass options are not just him and one receiver, we have more receivers who participate than we have had in a while.

RiC said it.

Cooley probably is not the same player he was four season ago, but he looks like the best available. Maybe not next season, but the team is playing this season.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Cooley may not be the talent he was... but I bet he still knows how to settle into a seam at just the right time...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:13 pm

welch wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

RiC said it.

Cooley probably is not the same player he was four season ago, but he looks like the best available. Maybe not next season, but the team is playing this season.

We are all agreeing on those points. But what I'm adding is he doesn't need to be the player he was. Back then there was him and Santana. That we have a better quarterback and more options means he could be pretty effective even if he's not quite as good as he was and to Trey's point, find seams.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football