Redskins - Giants postgame thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 pm

jmooney wrote:... The D-backs guessed wrong on that play and were caught flat footed when Cruz ran that as a streak route. ...

You are right BUT ...

... HOW can any secondary get FLATFOOTED when you know they need 7 POINTS. A FG does not do it! THEY NEEDED 7!!!!!

They could have given up a bunch of 1st downs; ALL they had to do was to tighten up to stop a TD.

No, I have NOT calmed down yet. There is no excuse for that score. I would flush Wiliams and Hall down the toilet right now. :explode: ;furious; :explode: ;furious;
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:45 pm

riggofan wrote:RGIII should NEVER EVER FUMBLE THE BALL. Don't you guys KNOW?????

Yeah shows flashes that he's human and we got to blow up everything. :wink:
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
jmooney wrote:OK, Ive calmed down enough now.

heres my opinion,

The D-backs guessed wrong on that play and were caught flat footed when Cruz ran that as a streak route. Up until that point he had been breaking that route to the sideline the whole game. probably had it on film too. They gambled and payed for it. Had it gone the way they expected, they had it covered. Up until that point, Eli was held well under 300 yards and the running game was shut down. Usually we give up multiple plays like that 77 yarder, not so much now.

Fact is, this defense with all the injuries, are still making strides. We just went on the road and played one of the best teams in the NFL, turned the ball over 4 times and still almost won that game. Look at the numbers that Giants team put up on San Fran last week on the road.

Im still seeing this team improve week after week and thats encouraging. The turnovers? lets hope that doesnt continue, thats the only step back I saw us take this week or for the season, for that matter.

The second half of this schedule had everyone worried in the beginning. I'm not worried anymore, as a matter of fact I wouldnt be surpised if we ran the table from here out. I know its unlikely but, it wouldn't surprise me.

On to Pittsburgh!

I'm not an expert and don't have the time to look at the film, so I can't give an opinion on Eli's bomb to Cruz. But I agree with everything else you are saying. I really do believe this was a good game for the Skins. Yes, a bad lapse when it mattered most, and personally I don't have any excuses for the secondary there. But up until that point, we held a very, very good offense on its home turf to a very manageable performance.

In particular, I can say that I'm looking forward to the rest of our NFC East games, because in a real way we have nothing to lose, but both Dallas and Philly are teetering on the brink of a major blowup.

And with RGIII under center, anything can happen, as we have seen week after week after week now. At the beginning of the year I was kind of dreading our upcoming stretch of games. Now, I'm not at all.

Doesn't it feel good?!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:19 pm

emoses14 wrote:Doesn't it feel good?!

Oh yeah. :up:

Never felt that before in my life as a Redskins fan, either. :shock:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:58 pm

You got you guys are blowing my comment was way out of proportion. All I said was that he needs to get better at holding on to the ball. If they do not work on these things now they will become a big problem in the future. If this was anybody else, rookie or not, people would be screaming for his head. Rookie or not, they need to get it addressed so that it doesn't hurt us down the road. I know who is there will be rookie mistakes. I know he will get better. I am just saying that 7 from both is a lot. They need to go ahead and work on it. He is a beast and he is going to win championships here. Hey just need to get better at holding on to the ball. Some of you need to come off the RG 3 acid trip that he can't do anything wrong.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:Some of you need to come off the RG 3 acid trip that he can't do anything wrong.

Why? Are you a narc?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am

I just endured Rex Grossman, John Beck, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Mark Brunell (not the good one), Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Tony Banks and Jeff George.

RGIII can do no wrong. Quit raining on my freaking parade.

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 am

riggofan wrote:I just endured Rex Grossman, John Beck, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Mark Brunell (not the good one), Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Tony Banks and Jeff George.

+1000

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 am

riggofan wrote:I just endured Rex Grossman, John Beck, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Mark Brunell (not the good one), Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Tony Banks and Jeff George.

:lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 am

No matter how tough it is to win divisional games, the Skins are gonna have to do just that if they ever hope to become a plyoff/SB caliber team...I've been saying for years the Skins must find a way to win these divisional games and they just can't get it done...they have got to get over this hump or they'll never win anything...

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Donovan McNabb. Just sayin.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:58 pm

emoses14 wrote:

Donovan McNabb. Just sayin.

Kirk Cousins, too. :oops: :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm

And I thought that this board seemed to have sensible knowledgeable fans who could be somewhat objective.

If you would read my posts, you would see that I give very much praise to RG3. He is AMAZING!!!!! I get chills (ala Chris Matthews at the election of Nobama). I am thrilled and excited to finally have a GREAT qb on this team. He has already, and is going to do great things. He single-handily has made us into a competitive team who will be in pretty much every game we play. But, I do see the importance of him fixing the fumblitis. It hasn't killed us yet, but it could cost us big, especially if one of those is taken back for 6 pts. I was just being objective and acknowledging that he needed to work on that aspect, whether it is concentration, or whatever. They need to get it fixed, and I am confident that they will. I would not trade him for anything, and am super happy that the we made the trade to get him. There is absolutely no player I would rather have. I am just giving the same objective view that the coaches are probably giving. I know some others have fumbled, but he is 2nd in the league in fumbles. I know we haven't lost them all, but he has fumbled one time less than Mike Vick. That is the ONLY negative I see, and as I said, I am confident that they will get it fixed.

One of the great things about this board is that you guys have always been able to be objective. Don't throw that out. HAIL!!!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pm

No, I say fumble more, damnit!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Mississippi Hog wrote:I know he is a rookie. I am not being a hater. I am still enamored with the guy. All I am saying, is that he does need to improve that aspect. If Morris had 7 fumbles, even though he didn't lose them all, He would not be the starting running back. Look at Matthews in San Diego. He was warned that he would be limited if he didn't secure the ball.

I know he is a rook, an he will improve in that area. Just pointing out that he does need to fix that.

Two of his fumbles came when Alfred knocked the ball out of his hands. One came when he was blasted in the Bengal game while trying to pitch on an option play. If you want to prove that RGIII's fumbles show that he is fumble prone. A description of each fumble might shed some light on your point.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football