Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5032
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm not sure I agree that fan support can really improve all that much at Fedex. I don't doubt if we get a playoff game there sometime that it will be a really good atmosphere. "Fans" will snap up the tickets and be noisy as hell. When I saw Skins v. Lions at Fedex in the playoffs a few years back, it was great.

Other than those special big time occasions though I kinda think Fedex is going to be what it is. Its a huge stadium where anybody can get tickets pretty easily in an era where a lot of people would rather watch the game on their 60" HD and not pay $10 for a beer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:RiC,
Good point on stadium accustics and they play a big part in Seatle, but the biggest part in Seattle is the fact that the NFL (for some reason) overlooks the fact that they pipe in crowd noise.
...

Are you sure about the pipe in?

It does not seem to me that it is publicly acknowledged:

Paul Allen's Qwest: Do the Seattle Seahawks Have the Loudest Stadium in the NFL?

There is a debate about its existence mostly on internet fora but denied by Seattle fans and the team.

The QWest/CLink Stadium in Seattle was explicitly designed to amplify noise from the crowd and improve the fan experience. FedEx, on the other hand, was a stupid bigger box designed to accommodate more cattle (with an "improved" capacity of disadvantaged view seats) and it was antiquated even by the time it was built. FedEx was not designed as a modern Stadium, let alone a marvel of contemporary aesthetic architecture or mesmerizing electronic gadgetry.

I personally feel no attachment to FedEx, whereas RFK was MAGIC with its old bouncing stands and all.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I personally feel no attachment to FedEx ...


+1

how great would it be for this owner to ..... nah, he's way to greedy ..

that's a shame - we could have the best QB and the best stadium :wink:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm

One of the biggest factors for low attendance has been the mediocre product on the field the past decade. Save for the Gibbs years the team has been the Cubs of the NFL.

If the team becomes a perrenial playoff contender fans will flood the stadium no matter how "cruddy" it is.

Let's not forget the Skins lost eight straight home games. Who wants to spend their, hard earned, money to watch their team lose. Its much cheaper and easier to watch it at the comfort of your home and not deal with some drunk knucklehead and hectic parking.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Joe's#1Fan
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:59 am
Location: chocowinity nc

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:RiC,
Good point on stadium accustics and they play a big part in Seatle, but the biggest part in Seattle is the fact that the NFL (for some reason) overlooks the fact that they pipe in crowd noise.
...

Are you sure about the pipe in?

It does not seem to me that it is publicly acknowledged:

Paul Allen's Qwest: Do the Seattle Seahawks Have the Loudest Stadium in the NFL?

There is a debate about its existence mostly on internet fora but denied by Seattle fans and the team.

The QWest/CLink Stadium in Seattle was explicitly designed to amplify noise from the crowd and improve the fan experience. FedEx, on the other hand, was a stupid bigger box designed to accommodate more cattle (with an "improved" capacity of disadvantaged view seats) and it was antiquated even by the time it was built. FedEx was not designed as a modern Stadium, let alone a marvel of contemporary aesthetic architecture or mesmerizing electronic gadgetry.

I personally feel no attachment to FedEx, whereas RFK was MAGIC with its old bouncing stands and all.


you mention RFK those were the days..fans made a difference..
ive been to both myself and FEDEX doesn,t even compare to RFK.

I Agree.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR



































Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Postby lawnmower55 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:30 pm

riggofan wrote:I'm not sure I agree that fan support can really improve all that much at Fedex. I don't doubt if we get a playoff game there sometime that it will be a really good atmosphere. "Fans" will snap up the tickets and be noisy as hell. When I saw Skins v. Lions at Fedex in the playoffs a few years back, it was great.

Other than those special big time occasions though I kinda think Fedex is going to be what it is. Its a huge stadium where anybody can get tickets pretty easily in an era where a lot of people would rather watch the game on their 60" HD and not pay $10 for a beer.


I was at the Lions/Skins game in 2000. Stadium exploded when Brad Johnson chucked Porcher to the ground. Never heard the stadium like that since, but there have been some loud games.

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:One of the biggest factors for low attendance has been the mediocre product on the field the past decade. Save for the Gibbs years the team has been the Cubs of the NFL.

If the team becomes a perrenial playoff contender fans will flood the stadium no matter how "cruddy" it is.

Let's not forget the Skins lost eight straight home games. Who wants to spend their, hard earned, money to watch their team lose. Its much cheaper and easier to watch it at the comfort of your home and not deal with some drunk knucklehead and hectic parking.

RFK certainly wasn't intimidating under the Richie or Norv days!

JKC had Fedex designed to mimic the Giants old stadium at the meadowlands.

Seattle's stadium design was intended to acoustically amplify the crowd noise and because of that they can get away with electronically amplifying the crowd noise.

There is no way those tree hugging, hemp wearing, Starbucks drinking, 55 MPH driving pacifist get that stadium that loud without artificial help.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:One of the biggest factors for low attendance has been the mediocre product on the field the past decade. Save for the Gibbs years the team has been the Cubs of the NFL.

If the team becomes a perrenial playoff contender fans will flood the stadium no matter how "cruddy" it is.

Let's not forget the Skins lost eight straight home games. Who wants to spend their, hard earned, money to watch their team lose. Its much cheaper and easier to watch it at the comfort of your home and not deal with some drunk knucklehead and hectic parking.

RFK certainly wasn't intimidating under the Richie or Norv days!

JKC had Fedex designed to mimic the Giants old stadium at the meadowlands.

Seattle's stadium design was intended to acoustically amplify the crowd noise and because of that they can get away with electronically amplifying the crowd noise.

There is no way those tree hugging, hemp wearing, Starbucks drinking, 55 MPH driving pacifist get that stadium that loud without artificial help.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football