Redskins - Giants postgame thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, I do not get to see many games here in Mississippi. That and the fact that I work many Sundays prevent me from seeing the games. I am not necessarily trying to say that he is fumble prone. Many times I can only follow the play by play on my phone. I see many plays where they say he fumbled. Once again, I am NOT trying to knock his game. Just pointing out that he seem to be having a little bit of trouble holding on to the ball at times and it needs to get fixed. I am sure that RG 3 knows this and is working on it. I was just sayin. Didn't mean to stir up a firestorm and make people mad.

Hog

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 am

RG3 is amazing, not perfect, but still hard to believe he's a rookie based on his level of play. I think what the coaches need to do now is bring the level of play for the rest of the team up closer to RG3's level. RG3 can't do it all, and the sooner they realize this is a TEAM effort, the sooner they'll become an elite team...

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Mississippi Hog wrote:Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, I do not get to see many games here in Mississippi. That and the fact that I work many Sundays prevent me from seeing the games. I am not necessarily trying to say that he is fumble prone. Many times I can only follow the play by play on my phone. I see many plays where they say he fumbled. Once again, I am NOT trying to knock his game. Just pointing out that he seem to be having a little bit of trouble holding on to the ball at times and it needs to get fixed. I am sure that RG 3 knows this and is working on it. I was just sayin. Didn't mean to stir up a firestorm and make people mad.

You got my curiousity up. There was fumble in the TB game at the goal line that looked like RGIII was across the end zone. Pierre Garcon jumped on it for a touchdown. The broadcast booth saw it as a possible overturn to give RGIII the TD, but the review, that reviews, all scores, quickly made a decsion that the play stood. This was the replacement refs and they seemed to be saying what the heck, it's a Skins' TD anyway, so move on. I was even thinking the league might award RGIII the TD. Replays seems to show he was over the line.

In no way does the link below show anything close to proving what I am saying above, but I posted it just to refresh folks memory about the play I am talkikng about.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/9/30/343 ... s-redskins

Here we go:

NO - 1 fumble - ball knocked out of his hands by Morris
CIN - 3 fumbles - 1 lost on that pitch he got slammed - Morris knocked the ball out on another play - I don't recall the third fumble (help)
TB - 1 fumble - the TD fumble mentioned above
Giants - 2 fumbles - the JPP strip - I don't recall the other (help)
Last edited by Red_One43 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:12 pm

I remember the play, and RGIII definitely lost the ball before he crossed the goal line. The ball was actually going backwards until it bounced off RGIII's knee and went forward into the end zone, where Garcon recovered.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:I remember the play, and RGIII definitely lost the ball before he crossed the goal line. The ball was actually going backwards until it bounced off RGIII's knee and went forward into the end zone, where Garcon recovered.

Chalk that one up as a legit fumble.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 pm

In the G-strings game he dropped the snap, picked it up, scrambled a bit, then completed a pass into the flat for a two yard gain.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:In the G-strings game he dropped the snap, picked it up, scrambled a bit, then completed a pass into the flat for a two yard gain.

Thank you.

So out of the 7 fumbles, 6 are accounted for on this thread. Only one of the Bengals' fumbles is yet to be accounted for.

3 fumbles when he was carrying the ball. Strip (Giants), Hit (TB), and the Pitchout (Bengals). Lost two of those

2 Fumbles when Morris knocked the ball out of his hands (NO and Bengals).

1 Fumbled snap (described above - Giants)

1 fumble of the 3 in the Bengal game yet to be accounted for.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football