Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Postby fetus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Letting Carlos go was the worst mistake shabby made
RGIII and the terrible D

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:15 pm

RayNAustin wrote:I tell you what I'd like to see, I'd like to see Shanahan act a little more like he hates losing ... right now, he just seems not to be as angry as he should be after an embarrassing showing like this.

I agree. Forget the refs, how about yelling at a few players?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I wouldn't cut him, even though he is terrible, because we need the bodies. However, the Skins should suspend him for a week. The guy embarrassed himself and the team today and Shanny needs to send a message that this crap wont be tolerated. Hall makes no plays yet every week he is jawing with opposing players and getting into confrontations. It needs to stop.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Hall was upset because a lineman had grabbed him by the shoulderpads and slammed him to the ground, then jumped on top of him. No excuse for stupid fouls, but kinda wonder myself why the ref, who was standing right there, didn't call it. Seemed mega-flagrant, but whatever. The receivers were awful. Practice with the irrigation system running, or something. Weather sucked, but what was it, 11 drops? Back on topic though, agree you cannot cut until you can paste. Hall is, sadly, probably the best of the bunch.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Cut.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Completely inappropriate, unprofessional, immature, and worthy of a suspension by the Skins.

I wouldn't cut him until the end of the year, though. I think he's been our best DB this season and we can't afford to see that unit decline any further than it has.

But at the end of this season, I hope we let him go — as I've hoped we'd do each of the last two off seasons.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Keim on Hall

Last word on the defensive side of the ball. Talked to someone last week who is very familiar with DeAngelo Hall and, though he liked him, he said there’s no way he should be one of your team leaders. Here’s what he told me for my email report: “He thinks he’s a leader. He plays hard and he’s not a rabble rouser, but he has a way he wants to do it and nobody is strong enough to force him to do it the way it should be done.” You can’t lose your cool, even on a day where there’s a lot of frustration. I know people don’t necessarily care about this, but Hall has been a stand-up guy. He initially did not want to talk to the media after the game, but did so (he would have been fined by the league for refusing). He did not address questions about his incident in which he was ejected from the game after a profanity-laced tirade at an official. In eight games the Redskins have had a late-game incident three times. That’s too much.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 am

What the Redskins should do is make anyone who went to VA Tech raise their hand, then cut them.

This guy is the most overrated clown I've ever seen. He sucks, he's not even "ok". We would be better off without him.

Just before that incident by Hall I had just been talking smack to a Steelers fan about how they were undisciplined on that taunting heading to the end zone.

I hope Sandy relocates him somewhere far far away.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 am

fetus wrote:Letting Carlos go was the worst mistake shabby made

Rogers couldn't WAIT to get out of DC. Complete B.S. to blame Shanny that he's not here.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am

riggofan wrote:

Rogers couldn't WAIT to get out of DC. Complete B.S. to blame Shanny that he's not here.

Correct. He knew he was hitting a FA market hot for CBs and got his payday. At the time his play did not warrant the contract he would have needed to stay in DC.

And it should be noted that after a 6-pick season last year, he's still waiting for his first this year, and has dropped more than one in just the games I saw.

Then again, the Skins can't really talk, because right now we're paying Hall many millions to be an OK corner.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:05 am

HarleyHog wrote:Hall was upset because a lineman had grabbed him by the shoulderpads and slammed him to the ground, then jumped on top of him. No excuse for stupid fouls, but kinda wonder myself why the ref, who was standing right there, didn't call it. Seemed mega-flagrant, but whatever. The receivers were awful. Practice with the irrigation system running, or something. Weather sucked, but what was it, 11 drops? Back on topic though, agree you cannot cut until you can paste. Hall is, sadly, probably the best of the bunch.

Isn't this why Gibbs always preferred practicing outside and wasn't this the counter argument to a practice dome?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am

Other teams use practice domes. We just suck
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am

RayNAustin wrote:Hall is still the best DB we have ... that's not saying much given the pathetic play coming from this bunch ... but Hall handled his man Nicks last week, while Wilson and Williams looked like they ought to be bowling.

The guy is frustrated and angry ... just like all of us are ... only he's on the field dealing with it. And I think what set him off was a cut block, and if that is the case, he had reason to be mad ... but obviously cannot loose his composure. But it was at the end of the game, and had no impact on the game.

I agree. DHall is our best secondary player right now and that isn't saying much. Our 2ndary is just not talented. I personally think they are trying as best they can, but they lack the talent to execute and adequately defend. DHall at least has some talent.

Cutting Hall wouldn't send any message other than that our FO and coach are crazy. Do you really think our current secondary thinks they have solified their jobs and are being complacent?????? Get real. They aren't fools. They know that MS and BA are going to make it a priority to draft over them in the offseason as well as trying to sign guys to replace them in the offseason.

DHall did something really stupid at the end of the game, but he was smart enough to do it at the end of the game when a penalty like that wouldn't matter. I want to be clear that I think his behavior was COMPLETELY unacceptable, but the game was over AND the officiating was horrendous. I saw at least 7 C-L-E-A-R penalties by PITT that weren't called. And these were obvious. I was upset too. I told the guys that it would have been difficult for me to now explode at the officiating also. Did you see MS on the sideline??? He was going crazy. If the NFL wouldn't suspend or heavily fine MS, I think we would have heard him make a comment about the officiating...
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Correct. He knew he was hitting a FA market hot for CBs and got his payday. At the time his play did not warrant the contract he would have needed to stay in DC.

And it should be noted that after a 6-pick season last year, he's still waiting for his first this year, and has dropped more than one in just the games I saw.

Then again, the Skins can't really talk, because right now we're paying Hall many millions to be an OK corner.

Totally true. I'd take Carlos Rogers over Hall in a heartbeat, no doubt about it. Just completely bogus to claim that its Shanahan's fault he's not here.

If you're going to second guess Shanny/Allen for anything, I think the money we spent on Garcon/Morgan without addressing the secondary is fair game. I don't know how much the salary cap penalty is to blame for that, but in hindsight it definitely looks like we would have been better off going after a quality CB.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am

riggofan wrote:

Carlos was a me first, selfish oaf, those pining for him are wasting their breath.

On Deangelo, I like Irn-Bru's comment that we're paying big money for an OK corner, that is the issue.

I personally like Josh as a #2 corner. He's not the most gifted player, but he works his butt off and has a great attitude. I think the issue is we need a better #1 corner.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football