Begining of a long decline

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Begining of a long decline

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:43 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
suud_yetmae wrote:Where is Bobby Beathard when you need him :?: Seems like the skins slide began when Beathard left. The string of GM's have been dismal at best since his departure.

Wow, eight games before we start getting these whining threads with no other point then that we're stupid and we suck. That's definite progress.

So that's all you're seeing on the field right now? Seriously?

To ask is to answer. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

HarleyHog wrote:I live in Northern California, and I typically get responses like "right on, RGIII!" Or "wow man, you guys lost a LOT of key players" but have NEVER had any negative crappy unless it was a pie/iggle/gnat fan. You can call the franchise a laughingstock, but outside the beltway and talking pumpkinhead pundits, I don't see it.

I don't get that here in Chicago either. I certainly didn't get it at the game...actually just the opposite. People were patting me on the back and saying, you guys are headed in the right direction, or the Redskins are my second favorite team because of Griffen.

I don't think people truly understand the magnitude of having a player like Griffen on a team. Similar to Polamalu, he is able to attract new fans to the franchise, or support from fans from other franchises. People root for him to win, and that builds the positive energy around this guy. It's called positive karma, and every successful person has it. Balls bounce your way, calls start to favor you, things just seem to come easier. Like people rooting against Vick, or people rooting for the Saints after Katrina, or people rooting against Dan Snyder. Its not something I can explain very well, but this guy has it, and he has swung the pendulum the other way completely. that will start to produce wins, trust me, no matter who is coaching this team. The guy will elevate to another level.

Like I said in another thread, this weekends game against the Panthers is huge and will give us good temperature on this franchise. My guess is that this team comes out and dominates. In recent years, they would lose this game and fall off the cliff, but not this year. Not with this QB. This is a must win game, and add in that we get a bye, rest up and then start with the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants, oh man, this could be setting up for a fun run. We shall see. Keep your heads up
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm

:? So why is everyone acting like we have been a good team that just got bad this year??

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote::? So why is everyone acting like we have been a good team that just got bad this year??

Famnesia?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
suud_yetmae wrote:Where is Bobby Beathard when you need him :?: Seems like the skins slide began when Beathard left. The string of GM's have been dismal at best since his departure.

Wow, eight games before we start getting these whining threads with no other point then that we're stupid and we suck. That's definite progress.

So that's all you're seeing on the field right now? Seriously?

To ask is to answer. ;)

Yes, it was more an observation then an actual question
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby the poster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:11 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I don't get that here in Chicago either. I certainly didn't get it at the game...actually just the opposite. People were patting me on the back and saying, you guys are headed in the right direction, or the Redskins are my second favorite team because of Griffen.

that's not to be decided by a bunch of blank-blank fans sitting in the stands. Frankly, fans that I run into know very little of the game and even the details of even their own teams that they root for. At least compared to me they dont.

I don't think people truly understand the magnitude of having a player like Griffen on a team.

so far, the result is the same as any other season in washington. team sports.

Similar to Polamalu, he is able to attract new fans to the franchise, or support from fans from other franchises.

steelers have been productive before polamalu. bad example.

It's called positive karma, and every successful person has it. Balls bounce your way, calls start to favor you, things just seem to come easier.

that's what redskin fans are reduced to? Karma and "things just seem to come easier"?

Wow, two decades of failure and you guys are OUT OF IDEAS. Sad.

Its not something I can explain very well,

agreed.

that will start to produce wins, trust me, no matter who is coaching this team.

no it won't and I don't trust you. Team sport.

Like I said in another thread, this weekends game against the Panthers is huge and will give us good temperature on this franchise. My guess is that this team comes out and dominates.

when have the redskins under shanahan ever dominated?? Or do I have to get a definition check on how you describe domination because it might be one of those new-agey, karma type things that doesnt have to do with the final score.

i got news for you, they'll be lucky to win, its a toss up with the worst team in the NFC (currently). And if they did win, it would be within 7 points. The Redskins are NOTHING. like I said back in the spring and I have been right with absolutely everything I've ever said.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 pm

frankcal20 wrote:The biggest issue on this team is it's secondary. If you get one quality safety and a quality corner this offseason then with the players we have, we have depth all of a sudden.

I think the drops today were an abomination. Something that happened and we'll have to get over it. I think that Hankerson needs to step up the rest of the season and show what he can do. Also, I think we were trying to showcase Briscoe for trade bait. Given a rash of injuries in the NFL, we might get something for him. Would be nice if it could be a younger safety or corner but I doubt it.

If that is the case, picking a rainy day in Pittsburgh was not a great plan in retrospect.

My view is it's one thing for a player to have a really bad game, but it's another thing and much more troubling when the entire receiving corps play like girls in a cooed pick up game of flag football. How can Hankerson drop two TD passes in the same drive? Wouldn't you expect that the first one to be enough to make that guy focus enough not to make the same mistake a few plays later?

How did these clowns ever make it through camp, let alone become starters? The only one that should get a pass is Moss .. because he's at least been a proven commodity in years past and this year, since he's by far been the biggest big play/scoring play guy other than Garcon, and he's been limited to a part time role.

The way I see it is that this team in general has lost focus .... instead of coming out in a fury after last week's give-away loss that the offense had come back and taken the lead .... the Defense follows up with the most pathetic play of the year, allowing Pitt to score every time they touched the ball.

This was a thorough disaster across the board ... missed extra point ... 12 yard punt ... no pass defense and no run defense either ... offense completely stymied, even with one of Pitts best defensive players out .. and then when they lost Clark, both starting safeties were gone ... and we still could do nothing.

What looked like a strength, including depth ... the front 7 is no stronger than the back end of this defense .... without Carriker and Rak .. there's more pressure in a can of beer, and when you combine that with a back end that cannot cover anybody .... you're looking at no movement except reverse.

At 3-5 right now, and the schedule we have ... 8-8 is a pipe dream ... 5-11 is realistic if also a bit optimistic. That's counting a win against the Panthers and Browns .... the rest? Not the way this defense looks ... 3-13 is not out of the realm of possibility.

If the current pace continues ... this Redskin defense could end up the worst statistical defense in Redskin history, and even the entire history of the NFL.

Don't think for a moment that these players are immune to being as demoralized as some of the fans are becoming. We're halfway through season 3 of the Shanahan experiment, and so far, the only lesson mastered is the art of finding every possible way to lose, any which way you can. The last two years we found a way to lose by not scoring ... this year we've found a way to lose while leading the league in offense.

Demoralized players tend to lose focus .... and that's what we saw across the board on Sunday .... Pittsburgh beat us without breaking a sweat, and it was embarrassing. If anything was shown in Pittsburgh, it's that the rebuilt Redskins defense already needs another rebuild, and it's not likely going to be accomplished by the men who produced this debacle.

Lose to the Panthers this week and the team is likely to finish 3-13. Then we can give old Shanny and co. an extension and a big raise.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

10-6
Quit bishin.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm

November 15, 2010
Eagles 59, Redskins 28 at home

November 21, 2010
Redskins 19, Titans 16 (OT) in Tennessee

Oct. 30, 2011
Bills 23, Redskins 0 in Toronto

Nov. 6, 2011
49ers 19, Redskins 11

What happened in Pittsburgh is consistent with what has happened each year with the Shanny Redskins. This is nothing new.

The only thing different with this year is we have a realistic hope that we can score more points than the other team and win a few more games this year.

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Just when I thought the piece of MARA, mother-MARAing, troll was gone, here,s more of its MARA, polluting this site. What happened to the upgrade to let me filter that MARA sucker out? Take your UNWANTED, worthless bullMARA elsewhere, MARAhole.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

the poster wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I don't get that here in Chicago either. I certainly didn't get it at the game...actually just the opposite. People were patting me on the back and saying, you guys are headed in the right direction, or the Redskins are my second favorite team because of Griffen.

that's not to be decided by a bunch of blank-blank fans sitting in the stands. Frankly, fans that I run into know very little of the game and even the details of even their own teams that they root for. At least compared to me they dont.

What's not to be decided by fans...their own opinions? Are you such a mule that you don't even think when you reply. The comment was addressing someone saying that we are a laughing stock in the league by fans, and I'm adding actual evidence of that not being the case, both by letting you know what people are saying here in Chicago, and in an opposing stadium, by fans who know a thing or two about football. You are stating that those opinions are not to be decided by themselves? I actually don't even know WTF you are trying to say, I don't think you do either. Just another attempt to be negative with absolutely no credentials to back it up. Your statement is as lame as your attempt to add anything on here. You don't disclose where you are from, you don't disclose who you root for, you are sitting on another teams blog trying to crap on every comment, for what I have no idea. Dude, do you honestly think about what you are doing? If someone was to give you the definition of what it is you spend your time doing on here, people would laugh at the thought of any human being actually wasting their time on that kind of thing. It's lame enough that us fans sit in these rooms and discuss, but for some person to come in and badger those people while sitting behind a curtain is probably the dumbest f-ing thing I have ever witnessed. Its so f-ing funny that someone in this world actually does that. And it's not just 1 post (not as if that's any better), you are at like 400 or something. I mean, how funny is that you tool.

And you state we're supposed to compare the average fan to you? What exactly are we comparing? You haven't shared any credentials to my knowledge? Ever played a game? Ever coached, agent, water boy, reporter, or are you some 30 year old kid that got picked on in school, making yourself feel better about your life? To my knowledge, you haven't displayed one ounce of intelligence. Sure you have stated the obvious, our team sucks, we have been the doormat of the division for 15 years, that our owner sucks. Oh thanks, man don't you know all. What exactly are we comparing. All I see is someone coming into a teams blog and trying to throw rock salt in wounds with absolutely 0 credentials. Comparing what, a fan to a ... what? You tell me. A person who has posted close to 400 times about how bad a team is on a site that he/she is not even a fan? What a joke, your comment "at least compared to me" ROTFALMAO This is just too f-ing funny dude.

the poster wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I don't think people truly understand the magnitude of having a player like Griffen on a team.

so far, the result is the same as any other season in washington. team sports.

Here, right here. This is where you lose your credibility, and you know it. After 8 games? You are making this statement after 8 games, about a player like this? You can come on here and make all the team/franchise/players/coaches/GM/facility sucks comments you want and I would take them at face value and be able to DISCUSS your thoughts because a lot of that has merit, but this kind of comment tells me you have no clue about what it is you talk about. You lose all credibility with dumb ass statements like this. This is also the point where I just realized I am wasting my time.

the poster wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Similar to Polamalu, he is able to attract new fans to the franchise, or support from fans from other franchises.

steelers have been productive before polamalu. bad example.

Again, Nimis, I never said one thing about productivity in that statement, but the only way you are productive is to have the ability to have people follow...to lead. I was talking about his ability to attract fans. Similar to what Jordan was able to do. Unlike you, I have been a fan of franchises who have won 6 NBA championships in Chicago, 1 Stanley Cup, and 3 Super Bowls. I understand first hand about how a player or players can bring fans in and change the culture with a positive attitude. Case in point was the Blackhawks, and if you don't understand this, with whatever your credentials are, tells me that you for one are a GRADE A loser, and probably always will be a loser. Change your attitude bro, for your sake. Me, I'm a winner. Have always won, and will continue to win, because I make people around me think positive, and do positive, and be positive, and that's what Polamalu did, along with others before him. He was able to attract fans, and those fans saw that positivity, and it compounded. More positive attitude to a team that had that attitude. Were they successful before that? Absolutely, with guys like Hines Ward, and Bettis. Those guys all brought a WINNING attitude. So before you open your mouth and spit out dumb ass comments, think, please.

the poster wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:
It's called positive karma, and every successful person has it. Balls bounce your way, calls start to favor you, things just seem to come easier.

that's what redskin fans are reduced to? Karma and "things just seem to come easier"?

Wow, two decades of failure and you guys are OUT OF IDEAS. Sad.

Yea you got it, you think that is a cut? No it's a fact. We suck, and until we start winning, we will continue to suck. I say it all the time. I for one am honest with myself, along with being positive. Hey look at that, in one sentence, you've learned more about me than I even know about you in your 400 dumb ass negative posts. This is an honest statement as well, and not one that is attacking you personally. If you have personal problems, go get some help bro. Feeling better about yourself at the expense of fans like ours is kind of pathetic. I mean, what exactly are you trying to prove? We suck right now as a team, so what exactly is your point? Are you trying to get back at all those people who used to tease you? To make us feel even worse about a team that has been bad for how ever many years? I honestly don't get it. Trying to kick a wounded horse? Are there really many people in this world that like to do this? Isn't it kind of funny? Like you are almost explaining to yourself WHY it was that you got picked on all your life? Cause you do this kind of stuff? I mean, I am a total geek for coming in here and writing to people I don't even know about the ups and downs of a team, and then there's you, who comes in and kicks those said people when they're down but doesn't disclose who he/she is afterwards? It's honestly the funniest f-ing thing I think I have thought of in a long while. It's insane. I truly feel like you are sitting there after each negative comment, like it actually makes you feel better about yourself. Am I right on the mark? Probably am. I know other losers like you. I've been able to change they're thoughts as well and their lives for that matter. Is there an end game, like if you beat us long enough, behind your curtain, that we will eventually give up? I mean dude, if we haven't given up yet, after what we've been through the last 10 years, what makes you think we will ever, and it's only getting less likely with a player like RG3.

So listen up bro, and I am trying to speak to the person who is writing this, because, as I said before, I am positive, and I am on this earth to share that. I am a winner, and would love for you to turn your life around as well. First, think about the time you spend upsetting people and the good feeling you get by accomplishing that. What a loser mentality. That should be the first thing that changes. Secondly, spend your time on things that are important, and start to change the world for the better. Not sharing your loser personal traits with a fanbase that is losing. Two losers do not make a winner. Share your loser traits with a winner, and then you will see what I speak of. Things will go your way. People will say you are lucky. They say that to me all the time. Start thinking positive and you will see that Karma that I speak of. Thirdly, you only live once, and to spend it in here, getting your kicks on throwing sand in our faces should be really considered as you decide what it is in life you want to accomplish. Please tell me it's more than this. I know for a fact, without you disclosing anything, that you are a loser, and if you were truthful with yourself, you would admit it too. So change the attitude and things will change bro. Trust me.

the poster wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Its not something I can explain very well,

agreed.

that will start to produce wins, trust me, no matter who is coaching this team.

no it won't and I don't trust you. Team sport.

You should, because unlike you, I understand what great players do. They ELEVATE others around them. I will do that to you as well loser. I have faith and believe that I can do it. I have faith that I will get you to drop these loser thoughts and loser personal traits.

the poster wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Like I said in another thread, this weekends game against the Panthers is huge and will give us good temperature on this franchise. My guess is that this team comes out and dominates.

when have the redskins under shanahan ever dominated?? Or do I have to get a definition check on how you describe domination because it might be one of those new-agey, karma type things that doesnt have to do with the final score.

i got news for you, they'll be lucky to win, its a toss up with the worst team in the NFC (currently). And if they did win, it would be within 7 points. The Redskins are NOTHING. like I said back in the spring and I have been right with absolutely everything I've ever said.

First off, really the only other thing I truly remember you stating was that the Skins would not beat the Browns to RG3, so, well, I guess that makes you 0 for 2. Secondly, AS I SAID, we haven't been able to win these kind of games for the last 10 years, and my prediction is that we will win handily, because of this player...even without any of our major weapons, even without any of our impact players on D. This game should be a shut the F up game for you actually. So here goes. They win by more than 7 and you are out of here and go get someone to listen to you and your childhood problems. Go work on bettering yourself...thinkpositive bro. They lose, and I will leave. You have nothing to lose bro...since you are always right.
Miss you 21

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:37 pm

The Troll is that cowardly piece of MARA who eggs your car in the middle of the night and runs away. The whimpy MARAhole that thought he was smarter than everyone with his 3.1 GPA, who got his MARA kicked all the time for trash talking. Truly wish this MARA would go find a very tall bridge to sit atop and contemplate the worthlessness of his existence. It is admirable that you try to reach out and help this loser, but I would rather he just go away. Where's the filter?

HTTR

Screw the 'im'poster
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm

[quote=Think about this, Shanahan wil be in his fifth year as a head coach before he gets a normal off season. Season 1 he had the "uncapped" year when all the young free agents couldn't go anywhere because of uncapped year rules. Season 2 was the lock out, FA right training camp and no off season workouts. Season 3 & 4 are the Mara cap hits. Season 5, hopefully will be normal![/quote]

Shans did not have the luxury of taking over a Dan Reeves built team as he did in Denver so he most likely won't see Season 5. Tiny will give him the benefit of the doubt this year thanks to Bob3, but if the ultimate goal of 8-8 is not met next year he's toast.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:What's not to be decided by fans...their own opinions? Are you such a mule that you don't even think when you reply...

How do you feel after you feed the troll, chief? Is it worth it?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:What's not to be decided by fans...their own opinions? Are you such a mule that you don't even think when you reply...

How do you feel after you feed the troll, chief? Is it worth it?

He's not a troll. He's a loser looking to make himself feel better. I will make him feel better about himself. This thing needs help. I feel bad for it. I truly do bro. I mean what kind of a person spends their time doing this? Losers, that's who, and I feel bad for it.
Miss you 21

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football