Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson are PUT ON NOTICE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Postby the poster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 pm

mastdark81 wrote:Hankerson will be just fine. Every receiver has a drop now and then.


you start your defense of him by mentioning his drops. you are assuming that my (and others) issue with him.

my critique of him doesnt even begin with the fact that he has shown POOR hands to this point.

My issue with him is he is not fluid in and out of breaks and has TERRIBLE power off the ball. I've seen him. Ive critiqued him. And you know what that means? That means he's easily coverable.

He's lanky, runs herky-jerky, and maybe it's his number, but he reminds me of Darnerian McCants. I don't see much for this guy in the NFL. Not much at all.


Hankerson can be dominate within 30 yards


no he cant. he wont get a better opportunity to play in the NFL than right here and right now. He's not going to get clear starting chances ever again like this one. and he's doing nothing with it.

by the way, he plays extremely soft.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14362
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Don't. Just... don't.

Jeeze, people. :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 pm

the poster wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:Hankerson will be just fine. Every receiver has a drop now and then.


you start your defense of him by mentioning his drops. you are assuming that my (and others) issue with him.

my critique of him doesnt even begin with the fact that he has shown POOR hands to this point.

My issue with him is he is not fluid in and out of breaks and has TERRIBLE power off the ball. I've seen him. Ive critiqued him. And you know what that means? That means he's easily coverable.

He's lanky, runs herky-jerky, and maybe it's his number, but he reminds me of Darnerian McCants. I don't see much for this guy in the NFL. Not much at all.


Hankerson can be dominate within 30 yards


no he cant. he wont get a better opportunity to play in the NFL than right here and right now. He's not going to get clear starting chances ever again like this one. and he's doing nothing with it.

by the way, he plays extremely soft.


I can agree with alot of your points. I seen him every game in college so i might be biased. College definitely not the pros but i believe.they r not using him the right way nor do i believe hes 100healthy from hip surgery. Considering our offense is cool this year and not the problem, all Im saying is give him and others time to mature. Rarely rwceivers come in the league come out smoking right away. Hes a 3rd rd pick developing, and a 3rd rd pick i mean cmon u expect to see Larry Fitz?

Hog
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:23 pm

markshark84 wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:
the poster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

That guy can't even catch and he's supposed to be a WR???????????

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

I remember catching a TON of flack for all of the people who were enamored with Hankerson for saying the exact same thing during the regular season. I kept hearing how good he was going to be in 2012 and I had no idea what anyone saw in this guy to have so much confidence in him.


Some of us actually watch the games...


and all of you were wrong.


Hankerson will be just fine. Every receiver has a drop now and then. In the regular season he has been pretty sure handed. I think people remember him from hhis rookie preseason droppin balls and that has stuck in everyones minds. Fred Davis shook it and im sure he will the more he play.

Hankerson can be dominate within 30 yards but is not a deep ball guy, that was not his strength in college nor running after the catch. This is why he was a 3rd rd pick, he does not have the potential to be a gamebreaker.....and i dont think no one see him as so people who are optimistic just like his potential to be a steady reliable receiver that can move the chains.

Receivers take time, keep in mind he didnt have a chance to get better or really run in the offseason due to a misdiagnosis once again by our training staff. He will mature...


:hmm:

I don't think Hankerson and "dominant" should ever be uttered in the same sentence. Hankerson just didn't have "a" drop. This has been a consistent problem SINCE COLLEGE that has not improved. Had he caught that pass, it could have changed the momentum of the game. Hankerson was thrown to 4 times and had 1 reception.

So basically you are saying he is a possession receiver. However, he doesn't use his body and has bad hands...... Aren't those the 2 major strengths of a possession receiver?????

Honestly, I don't see any potential in Hankerson. He is slow, can't run after the catch, has bad hands, doesn't run his routes well (he had 2 timing/route errors against PITT), has zero first step speed, can't create separation to save his life, and makes mental errors. I see him as a placeholder until something better comes along. We should in no way invest in him or in his ability to actually progress. While Moss had multiple drops yesterday, I would replace Hankerson with Moss and have Morgan as the other starter. Since Briscoe and Robinson are so horrendous, I actually would put Hankerson at the 3. If Hankerson doesn't fit as a 3, I would just alter playcalling so that Hankerson is typically the 3 or 4th option.


WELL if hes THAT bad maybe Mike Shanahan needs to reevaluate how he selwcts receivers. Come to think about it he may be terrible at selecting them. Morgan nor anyone else has been any better. Fred Davis was the only receiving threat consistent

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:Don't. Just... don't.

Jeeze, people. :roll:

And yet, they still do. :thump:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 pm

markshark84 wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:
the poster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

That guy can't even catch and he's supposed to be a WR???????????

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

I remember catching a TON of flack for all of the people who were enamored with Hankerson for saying the exact same thing during the regular season. I kept hearing how good he was going to be in 2012 and I had no idea what anyone saw in this guy to have so much confidence in him.


Some of us actually watch the games...


and all of you were wrong.


Hankerson will be just fine. Every receiver has a drop now and then. In the regular season he has been pretty sure handed. I think people remember him from hhis rookie preseason droppin balls and that has stuck in everyones minds. Fred Davis shook it and im sure he will the more he play.

Hankerson can be dominate within 30 yards but is not a deep ball guy, that was not his strength in college nor running after the catch. This is why he was a 3rd rd pick, he does not have the potential to be a gamebreaker.....and i dont think no one see him as so people who are optimistic just like his potential to be a steady reliable receiver that can move the chains.

Receivers take time, keep in mind he didnt have a chance to get better or really run in the offseason due to a misdiagnosis once again by our training staff. He will mature...


:hmm:

I don't think Hankerson and "dominant" should ever be uttered in the same sentence. Hankerson just didn't have "a" drop. This has been a consistent problem SINCE COLLEGE that has not improved. Had he caught that pass, it could have changed the momentum of the game. Hankerson was thrown to 4 times and had 1 reception.

So basically you are saying he is a possession receiver. However, he doesn't use his body and has bad hands...... Aren't those the 2 major strengths of a possession receiver?????

Honestly, I don't see any potential in Hankerson. He is slow, can't run after the catch, has bad hands, doesn't run his routes well (he had 2 timing/route errors against PITT), has zero first step speed, can't create separation to save his life, and makes mental errors. I see him as a placeholder until something better comes along. We should in no way invest in him or in his ability to actually progress. While Moss had multiple drops yesterday, I would replace Hankerson with Moss and have Morgan as the other starter. Since Briscoe and Robinson are so horrendous, I actually would put Hankerson at the 3. If Hankerson doesn't fit as a 3, I would just alter playcalling so that Hankerson is typically the 3 or 4th option.


WELL if hes THAT bad maybe Mike Shanahan needs to reevaluate how he selwcts receivers. Come to think about it he may be terrible at selecting them. Morgan nor anyone else has been any better. Fred Davis was the only receiving threat consistent

08 Champ
Posts: 13104
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 am

just STUPID

posters that respond to trolls should be banned for a period so they can 'see' how stupid they are


DFTT
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am

SkinsJock wrote:DFTT

Shouldn't that be DNFTT? Maybe that's why some folks continue to do it. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13104
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:30 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:DFTT

Shouldn't that be DNFTT? Maybe that's why some folks continue to do it. :P



ACTUALLY - it would not surprise me :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 pm

The Hogster wrote:Dear Carlos Rogers - Our bad.


Dear Ryan Clark - We sorry.

Dear Laron Landry - See what had happened was..


Whoooh yeah. :oops: :cry:

I might have to rock my Landry jersey this Sun.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football