Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I wouldn't cut him until the end of the year, though. I think he's been our best DB this season and we can't afford to see that unit decline any further than it has.

But at the end of this season, I hope we let him go — as I've hoped we'd do each of the last two off seasons.

For what it's worth (I can't access the stats), apparently ProFootballFocus has him rated as one of the worst corner backs in the NFL. From this link.

I'm not saying they're gospel, but I like the ProFootballFocus.com grades. Those guys watch every player and every play and offer clinical evaluations of what players are doing relative to what they're supposed to be doing. I think, given a large enough sample size, we can use them to help us get a sense of who's playing well and who's not in the NFL.

So far this season, Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall ranks 95th overall out of the 99 cornerbacks PFF has evaluated. When you sort strictly by coverage grade (taking out penalties and performance against the run), Hall drops to 99th. Last year, PFF ranked Hall as the 66th-best cornerback in the league overall, 94th in coverage. And on Sunday, in the fourth quarter of a 27-12 loss to the Steelers in Pittsburgh, Hall lost his mind on an official and got ejected after costing his team 30 yards' worth of penalties.

Can't verify, but that's damning if true.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:11 am

PulpExposure wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I wouldn't cut him until the end of the year, though. I think he's been our best DB this season and we can't afford to see that unit decline any further than it has.

But at the end of this season, I hope we let him go — as I've hoped we'd do each of the last two off seasons.

For what it's worth (I can't access the stats), apparently ProFootballFocus has him rated as one of the worst corner backs in the NFL. From this link.

I'm not saying they're gospel, but I like the ProFootballFocus.com grades. Those guys watch every player and every play and offer clinical evaluations of what players are doing relative to what they're supposed to be doing. I think, given a large enough sample size, we can use them to help us get a sense of who's playing well and who's not in the NFL.

So far this season, Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall ranks 95th overall out of the 99 cornerbacks PFF has evaluated. When you sort strictly by coverage grade (taking out penalties and performance against the run), Hall drops to 99th. Last year, PFF ranked Hall as the 66th-best cornerback in the league overall, 94th in coverage. And on Sunday, in the fourth quarter of a 27-12 loss to the Steelers in Pittsburgh, Hall lost his mind on an official and got ejected after costing his team 30 yards' worth of penalties.

Can't verify, but that's damning if true.

I don't doubt it. I've never seen him tight on a receiver. He's simply not a cover corner.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 am

^^^ maybe the move to safety should have been looked at a lot sooner .... :roll:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 am

D. Hall Could be suspended for incident with ref

The only thing that might save D. Hall is the ref's blantant disregard for the rules while Hall was being manhandeled by Sanders, but than again, Hall may have shown too much disregard for professionalism with several too many f- bombs and threatening gestures.

Is this a bad thing if he is suspended? We will get a chance to see how much D. Hall is really worth to us.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am

SkinsJock wrote:^^^ maybe the move to safety should have been looked at a lot sooner .... :roll:

Does anybody know if Hall has been playing safety at all during the last few weeks?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 am

Not sure why what happened before matters

NO player is allowed to treat the refs like that - EVER

the refs make bad calls and bad mistakes all the time - it is part of the game

NO player is allowed to EVER treat the refs with disrespect

Hall should be out at least 1 game or have a huge fine
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 am

SkinsJock wrote:Not sure why what happened before matters

NO player is allowed to treat the refs like that - EVER

the refs make bad calls and bad mistakes all the time - it is part of the game

NO player is allowed to EVER treat the refs with disrespect

Hall should be out at least 1 game or have a huge fine

How about both, 1 game and a huge fine?

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am

Hall should be suspended, yes, atleast for one game.

It would also be nice if the league would review, critique, and discipline refs. The actions of both players and refs impact the quality of the game.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Hall should be suspended, yes, atleast for one game.

Ideally by the Skins, IMHO. This is the third such outburst this year. Yes, this one didn't happen when we were about to tie/win a game, but still totally inexcusable.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 am

For what it's worth - the refs are 'disciplined' by other refs that look at & grade each & every play & how they 'manage' their jobs each week

this actually affects their pocketbook because bad grades means no playoff monies and can actually cost them their jobs if they continue to make bad calls or are judged to be not worth keeping

Hall is in a lot of trouble with both the league and the team for his reaction

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Ideally by the Skins, IMHO. This is the third such outburst this year. Yes, this one didn't happen when we were about to tie/win a game, but still totally inexcusable.

This, IMO, goes back to coaching. It happens too often and is not acceptable. I read today that Hall may be suspended by the NFL, but I agree that it would be more impactful to have it come from the Redskins.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Any news on what is going to happen to D. Hall, to me is a double whammy situation. He should be suspended/cut, but the secondary of the Skins covers less than a Brazilian string bikini.
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 pm

gushogs wrote:Any news on what is going to happen to D. Hall, to me is a double whammy situation. He should be suspended/cut, but the secondary of the Skins covers less than a Brazilian string bikini.
HaiL,

Still pending,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -with-ref/

I think he sits for a game

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:I personally like Josh as a #2 corner. He's not the most gifted player, but he works his butt off and has a great attitude. I think the issue is we need a better #1 corner.

I suspect the concussion he sustained against the Rams has taken him down several notches. He's letting things get by him this year that he would have taken care of last year — last year I thought he was our best CB by far.

You must be right. Last year, he (Josh) made mistakes but made up for them or didn't repeat them. This year as bad as Hall is, he seams to be our best sadly.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

+1. If the league doesn't do it the Skins should. If the league gives him 1 game, the Skins should add one and make it 2 games. Like you said, this is multiple incidents this season, and this clown is supposed to be a team leader.
Suck and Luck

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football