Replace Haslett with... ???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am

Deadskins wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Then why give him an extension? Not saying it isn't true, just trying to understand.

Trying to understand Shanny and the Danny are next to impossible, because they way they think in some ways is out of this world.

Think back to the McNabb contract extension.

McNabb is under fire and they extend his contract with one that they can easily get out from underneath. Why renew it in the first place? Did a phony vote of confidence really help anyone?

Without the details of Haz's and Smith's contracts, we have no idea what it means.

Coaches contracts don't count under the salary cap, so McNabb's extension and Hazlet's wouldn't be for the same reasons.

Jim Haslett will stay the season ... His contract “extension” allows the skins to dump him after the season for no extra money owed(that should have been a red flag for Jim, but oh well).

This came from Hailredkins.com. Don't know how credible the guy is, but I read his newsletters that he sends.
http://www.hailredskins.com/?p=1006

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

Red_One43 wrote:
Jim Haslett will stay the season ... His contract “extension” allows the skins to dump him after the season for no extra money owed(that should have been a red flag for Jim, but oh well).

This came from Hailredkins.com. Don't know how credible the guy is, but I read his newsletters that he sends.
http://www.hailredskins.com/?p=1006

Do they know what Haslett (and/or his agent) thought about the contract? Why the "should have"? It's possible he wasn't happy with it but decided to sign anyway as right now this is undoubtedly his best option.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football