Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

I wonder if the fact that the NFL has not jumped all over Hall (& 'hurt' the Redskins - which they seem to love to do) might indicate that the refs involved have given information that just warrants a fine and not a suspension

no matter what I hope that Hall gets a huge smack down for his behavior from Mike and Jim - that was not good at all
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I wonder if the fact that the NFL has not jumped all over Hall (& 'hurt' the Redskins - which they seem to love to do) might indicate that the refs involved have given information that just warrants a fine and not a suspension

If they were going to suspend him they would have done it yesterday. He will get yet another fine (similar to the one he got on Atlanta when he got into it with Steve Smith).

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Let's go D Hall, tighten it up bama!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 pm

If DHall gets suspended, so should the ref(s).

The refs are supposed to be "above" the players (which is why they "judge" them on the field) and the fact they went to DHalls level shows an unprofessionalism that shouldn't be tolerated.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Richmond Redskin wrote:Word is the Redskins will make a claim (have made a claim?) on Sterling Moore CB New England today. Will monitor and see what happens.

I am sure we could find better CBs in the Canadian Legue than the ones we have. So, we have nothing to lose with this waiver claim if indeed it happens.

However, he is not our saviour. He is a nickel back with a knee injury and his play has not been as good this year as it was last year.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm

markshark84 wrote:If DHall gets suspended, so should the ref(s).

The refs are supposed to be "above" the players (which is why they "judge" them on the field) and the fact they went to DHalls level shows an unprofessionalism that shouldn't be tolerated.

i don't know Sharky.. D Hall is a vet and he was supposed to keep his cool regardless
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm

RayNAustin wrote:I really can't agree with the consensus opinion on this. Given Hall's interview claiming that the Ref was "giving as good as he was getting" ... and then I look at the still pictures and see two refs apparently jawing big time at Hall, with some very nasty looks on their faces ... I'm not sure it's fair to put it all on Hall the way you guys are doing.

First and foremost, the Refs are out there to make calls, and not get into pizzing contests with the players, so if the Refs are talking smack, they're wrong too, and that amounts to goading. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that changes the picture slightly, and maybe Hall should be cut a little slack. keep in mind, these guys are fired up, adrenaline pumping, heat of battle, frustration building. If the Refs don't jaw back at Hall, and just ignore him ... then maybe the situation doesn't go south like it did.

You see Refs do this all the time .... someone runs over pleading a case at a Ref, and they wave them off and step away from the player. But if they turn at him and start being hostile and argumentative back .. the Ref has escalated the situation.

Now, I'm not justifying or excusing what Hall did ... he's a grown man too, and can't lose his composure ... so he's wrong, anyway you look at it from that point of view. But suspension? I think not ... there was no physical contact ... and if the official goaded or exacerbated the tension, as Hall claims they did, then a suspension is not called for.

I've said this before, a long time ago .. and others I think have too ... what the Redskins need to do with Hall is convert him to a free safety where he can utilize his ball skills. He's much more a ball hawk type than a cover corner ... but we've been using him as our #1 cover corner for which he is ill suited .. and that puts him on the opponent's best receiver, which may help explain Hall's poor stat numbers and CB ranking.

Given our performance in the secondary and our thinness back there, especially at safety, it seems like we need to figure out a way to make some effective changes, and see if that helps. Since his numbers are so poor at CB ... 97th out of 99 .... I don't think we'd be in danger of a serious downgrade there by replacing him ... and transitioning him to safety. It might give him a resurgence as a play maker, and his disposition and frustration levels might improve along with the overall results.

That's coaching and solving problems. Right now, all I see is a lot of hoping things get better and not enough change to make things better.

I would agree with you if this was the first time that something like this happened with Hall, but it's not. He's had plenty of on the field incidents where he's lost his cool and embarrassed himself and his team. He claims to be a team leader yet acts like an immature jerk. I hope the league suspends him and that he's gone after this season.
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm

^^ what he said - that's the thing here - it's not just this incident - that was bad enough - this guy claims to be a leader - that was NOT what anyone wants to see from a leader

the team has to take a hard stance here to show the other players that what Hall did will not be tolerated

ESPECIALLY given the recent past with this guy
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm

I can not believe we didn't give up a 4th rounder to grab Talib from the Bucs. Am I the only one here? Very little compensation for a top DB
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Hall is due $9M next season.... that's half of the cap penalty.

Hall's contract was reworked in 2009 and he was paid $15M in one payment, that meant it all counted in 2010 (part of the NFL's aka Mara's complaint).

The bottom line is cutting Hall before June 1st they save the whole $9M. I'm pretty sure he won't be here next year.

chiefhog44 wrote:I can not believe we didn't give up a 4th rounder to grab Talib from the Bucs. Am I the only one here? Very little compensation for a top DB

The Pats got Talib AND a 7th round pick :shock: for that 4th round pick.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:47 pm

1niksder wrote:Hall is due $9M next season.... that's half of the cap penalty.

Hall's contract was reworked in 2009 and he was paid $15M in one payment, that meant it all counted in 2010 (part of the NFL's aka Mara's complaint).

The bottom line is cutting Hall before June 1st they save the whole $9M.
I'm pretty sure he won't be here next year.

Thanks - I'd agree that Hall is not playing here next season with that salary ...

Is there a chance Hall could be here as a safety for less money?

piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I can not believe we didn't give up a 4th rounder to grab Talib from the Bucs. Am I the only one here? Very little compensation for a top DB

The last troubled CB that we picked up just got suspended indefinitely...for, yes, drugs. These guys just can't be trusted to do the right thing. With limited picks next year it is too much of a gamble on another player with problems

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm

D. Hall will be fined, but not suspended

The NFL has decided instead to fine Hall for his actions, the Washington Post reports. There’s no word yet on the amount of the fine, but Hall is also expected to be warned that further misconduct toward officials would result in a suspension.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

1niksder wrote:Hall is due $9M next season.... that's half of the cap penalty.

The bottom line is cutting Hall before June 1st they save the whole $9M. I'm pretty sure he won't be here next year.

Well, that's some consolation. That's kind of like getting half of next year's penalty back.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

In your opinion 1niksder, how much money do you think we will have to spend next year? Going by gut feeling or what you believe would probably happen.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football