Turnovers!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Turnovers!!

Postby mastdark81 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 am

Oh yeah our defense finally been getting more turnovers and defensive touchdowns like alot had asked, bashing Gregg Williams/Blache defenses in the past for lack of.

Ill take those defenses anyday over this crap.

Cant put everything on Has, however he have not been creative as much as he should. Lets face it every team is pretty much getting beat in the passing game. If you watch games outside of the Skins you will see the same thing with the big difference other teams have a pass rush!

We have none! Our scout staff grab Stephen Bowen (a rotation guy) for the Cowboys, add the Giants worse defensivelineman in Cofield (compared to tuck, osi, paul) put him out of position. Pick up the Rams bust player Carriker. With that said they are solid but my point is not anyone to glamour over.

I like our linebackers and feel they will get better(orakpo, kerrigan, riley) would lime to seeKerigan and when Orakpo gets healthy hand in the dirt in more often
Wilson is a 3rd/nickel cb...yet hes starting for us. Dhall was our 4th corner when he initially came here (springs, rogers, smoot?) Hes really a 2nd at the peak but hes our #1

Shanahan cry over losin of Merriweather/Jackson however what teams really wanted those two knuckleheads?

Sorry for the early morning vent but to me we are lacking lots of talent on D if u realky think about it.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 am

Doesn't seem like that post was really about turnovers so much as just about the defense in general.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:59 am

I feel like if you keep pass rushers over run stoppers it helps you get to the QB and generate turnover havoc. At the same time, if you need to stop a run you can load up the box. You can always tell a pass rusher to play run first on a particular down.

OTOH, if you have a bunch of run stoppers it helps against early-down runs but when you ask them to rush the QB, even if you go blitz heavy, they can't - especially with our secondary. There's nothing like watching a run stuffer not get there while you briefly think you are watching the Pro Bowl - if you knowhatImsayin'.

That's why in my final 53 I "voted for" Cofield, Bowen, Carricker, and then the next 10 or 11 best pass rushers out of the L and LB group. I'd rather be stunting guys like Markus White than watching guys like (insert name of run stuffer) never play.

I'll never forget what Petibon did to the Broncos. He played some 2-5 sets with some LBs that they had zero film on. These guys were flying around and it was awesome. How about we put 8 guys up there and not tip which 3, 4, or 5 are coming?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 am

DarthMonk wrote: How about we put 8 guys up there and not tip which 3, 4, or 5 are coming?

But that would mean unpredictability, which our DC has no control over. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: How about we put 8 guys up there and not tip which 3, 4, or 5 are coming?

There ya have it.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:47 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

There ya have it.

Hey why not....of put kerrigan, rob jackson, bowen on the line withchris wilson & krobinson on the outside on 3rd and long situations.

Stop it with Perry Riley on 3rd down situations! finally bring back Brandon Thompson..

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 am

I believe one team calls that it's "Nascar" package. One of the biggest issues I've seen this season is lack of QB pressure. The injuries to Orakpo & Carriker just killed this defense and there has been a HUGE drop off in talent. I think a lot of fan's now appreciate what Carriker was able the last few years.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football