Panther at Skins Post Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
So, what now coach? We fold and forfeit the rest of the season?

And Shanny says to RiC:

“Now you’re playing to see who obviously is going to be on your football team for years to come. Now we get a chance to evaluate players and see where we’re at."

“Obviously, we’re not out of it statistically, but now we find out what type of character we’ve got and how guys keep on fighting through the rest of the season.”

Sounds like 2010 all over again, except earlier - much earlier.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Seems like a bad call to me, timing-wise. Let's hope he knows what he's doing.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

NO excuses...dumb P.O.V.

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't agree with this "write Up"

WE LOST due to poor playing and execution: D first, then O

DON'T BLAME IT ON A PHANTOM WHISTLE.......... smh

Redskins victims of a phantom whistle

The Redskins were the victims of an odd call that let the Panthers score a touchdown after one of the officials blew he whistle on the play.

It came on a first and 10 play at the Washington 30. DeAngelo Williams went around right end and cut up the sideline. He came close to stepping out of bounds and that apparently prompted one of the officials to blow the play dead. Williams continued on into the end zone and after a huddle he was awarded the touchdown. That game the Panthers a 7-3 lead.

Perry Riley certainly thought he heard a whistle. He appeared to have an angle on Williams but he eased up around the 15 yard line. That is where he said he was when he heard the whistle.

“From the angle I was coming from I couldn’t see if he stepped out of bounds or not. . . I could have pushed him out,” said the Redskins inside linebacker. “I didn’t want to push him out after the whistle and get a 15-yard penalty.”

When asked by a pool reporter, referee Carl Cheffers, who has been an NFL official since 2000 and a referee since 2008, said that his crew viewed it quite differently.

“We just felt when the whistle blew, that the player would have already scored a touchdown,” said Cheffers. “So, we tried to piece together if we had to spot -- by rule, we would have to put him down when the whistle blew, and we tried to decide where that spot would be, and we felt that spot would be in the end zone. “

When such divergent views occur, the guys in the striped shirts will prevail every time. The touchdown stood giving the Panthers a lead they would never relinquish.

http://www.realredskins.com/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 pm

what the flock is going on.
We were doing so good, putting up BIG POINTS, looking like a scoring machine...

But alas ---that seemed like years ago

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:47 pm

I didn't know Cornelius Griffin still played for us. LOL

But, I get your point. Cofield played well as did Bowen.

Jarvis Jenkins has not shown much this year. Maybe it will be another year before he's fully back.

D Hall had a very good game. But the defense still looks atrocious.

Didn't like Mike Shanahan's comments basically that this year is over. Sure, we'd have to win out to even have a chance and that's probably not happening. But, you play to win every game, so I'm not sure why you'd throw in the towel until you're mathematically done.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 pm

WHY ....didn't we pick up Brandon Carr before the pukes got him?

WHY.....didn't we pick up Asante Samuel before he went elsewhere?

don't care if they had "character" issues or whatev..... shiite, we all have character issues. The DIFFERENCE IS....these guys can flat out play (not like our bunch of slackers in the 2ndary)

I'm watching the pukes game and Carr is pretty damned good...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:WHY ....didn't we pick up Brandon Carr before the pukes got him?

Cap.

WHY.....didn't we pick up Asante Samuel before he went elsewhere?

We'd have overpaid for him and spent a higher draft pick than ATL to do it (the Eagles wouldn't trade in-division for cheap). Not worth it, and besides then you'd be complaining that we keep hiring over the hill vets who underperform.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 pm

The Hogster wrote:I didn't know Cornelius Griffin still played for us. LOL

But, I get your point. Cofield played well as did Bowen.

Jarvis Jenkins has not shown much this year. Maybe it will be another year before he's fully back.

D Hall had a very good game. But the defense still looks atrocious.

Didn't like Mike Shanahan's comments basically that this year is over. Sure, we'd have to win out to even have a chance and that's probably not happening. But, you play to win every game, so I'm not sure why you'd throw in the towel until you're mathematically done.

Apparently some of the players didn't like Mike Shanahan's comments either

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:28 pm

From the article:

The Redskins, as comprised, are a bad, undisciplined football team with a good rookie quarterback. . . . Their secondary is primarily made up of backups on other NFL rosters.

Well no wonder our secondary is so bad: the players aren't even on our team!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

From the article:

The Redskins, as comprised, are a bad, undisciplined football team with a good rookie quarterback. . . . Their secondary is primarily made up of backups on other NFL rosters.

Well no wonder our secondary is so bad: the players aren't even on our team!

LMAO! :lol:

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 am

Red_One43 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
So, what now coach? We fold and forfeit the rest of the season?

And Shanny says to RiC:

“Now you’re playing to see who obviously is going to be on your football team for years to come. Now we get a chance to evaluate players and see where we’re at."

“Obviously, we’re not out of it statistically, but now we find out what type of character we’ve got and how guys keep on fighting through the rest of the season.”

Sounds like 2010 all over again, except earlier - much earlier.

There is a time to put the proverbial foot in the proverbial mouth and Shanahan did not recognize that moment TWICE:

One, before the game with the MUST WIN statement;

Two, after the game acknowledging that the team is out of contention for a playoff spot.

TWO TERRIBLE calls made out of frustration. Lack of discipline obviously starts at the top.

Not good , coach. Not good. It does not matter that you told the TRUTH. There are times to put the proverbial ... whatever! :roll:

Now I am REALLY afraid about the consequences ...

Haslett is gone but who is responsible for the disastrous switch to 3-4?

The guy who ordered its implementation?

The guy who implemented it wrong with the wrong players?

BOTH???

Oh ... the possibilities. Not good. ;furious;
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am

??? Seems like a bad call ... let's hope he knows what he's doing ???

He doesn't have a freaking clue what he's doing, and the 14-27 record in 2 1/2 seasons is our clue to this fact. And if the rose colored glasses are obscuring one's view of reality, let's just take a time-out and reflect on the situation in it's entirety, beginning with the unacceptable first, and work our way down the list, shall we?

1) It's unacceptable, and frankly disgusting to hear our head coach actually throw in the towel and concede the season in game 9, especially when 5 of our next 7 games are division games, and we are not mathematically eliminated from anything yet. It's fine for the cynical football analysts and disgruntled fans to be harshly critical and face the reality that unless there is a magical turn around in performance, or one or two of the next 7 opponents allows our current embarrassing ineptitude to lull them to sleep, we may not win another game this year. But there is nothing acceptable about that defeatist attitude coming from the players or the coaches who have the obligation to try to turn things around, and absolutely unacceptable coming from the head coach. That alone is grounds for the dismissal of this incompetent loser, who apparently doesn't even grasp that basic concept of leadership. I find it appalling ... and so should anyone else claiming to be a Redskin fan ... I can only imagine how hard it is for players to fight through this, while the coach is "taking a powder". And this confirms my long standing claim that Shanahan is a lousy coach. Even marginal coaches would NEVER behave this way, let alone a good one.

2) During this "concession" press conference, Shanahan made reference to the coming games as an evaluation period to see who would remain Redskins for the years to come. The underlying message is ... it's the players fault, not mine. Well guess what, Mike .... you picked the players, and you picked the coaching staff, and you have had total control of who those current Redskin players are today, and it was your responsibility to coach them up. The blame starts right there with you Mike ...you are 100% responsible ... but losers never take responsibility and always want to blame others for their own failures. This is UNACCEPTABLE from a leader. Can anyone imagine, in their wildest dreams, Joe Gibbs acting like this? Even the embattled, rookie HC Jim Zorn maintained unwavering optimism, and never pointed fingers.

3) When declaring game 9 to be a "must win", and your upcoming opponent must face you on your home field, in front of your fans, and they have a record of 1-6, and have managed to find every way imaginable to lose their last 5 straight games, you should be able to help them find a way to make it 6 straight. And it is UNACCEPTABLE to take that opportunity to get a "must win", and instead, put up your worst performance of the year so far, and find a way to lose. This demonstrates a fundamental failure in preparation and attitude and game planning and leadership.

4) Of the many Redskin head coaches over the past 50 years (those who coached at least 2 seasons) there is only one coach with a worse win-loss record than Mike Shanahan .... and you have to go all the way back to 1961-1965 to find him .... Bill McPeak who had a 21-46 record back when I attended my first Redskin game at the age of 5. Since then, no one else's record is worse than Shanahan ..... not Steve Spurrier, not Norv Turner, not Jim Zorn .... N O B O D Y. That is UNACCEPTABLE

5) the bad - we've seen this coach come in the first year and rebuild a defense that didn't need rebuilding, while pretty much ignoring the offense which desperately needed that help. In the second year, he continued to rebuild that defense, and the offense, with our offensive hopes placed in a an obscure QB by the name of John Beck, whom Shanahan "staked his reputation" on, who turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. And finally, in year three, with the final tweaks to this totally rebuilt defense, we now have perhaps the worst Redskin defense in the era of non-leather football helmets, and instead of getting better ... year to year, and week to week, we've gotten worse.

6) Each year under Shanahan, there have been major personnel changes which have resulted in an entirely new roster of players, on both sides of the ball, and there has been a lot of hit and miss in those changes, to include 4 QBs .. several running backs .. several new receivers .... all new secondary with only two pre-shanahan players left, with many many errors .... McNabb was a bust, Grossman and Beck were Busts ...and we still have receivers that can't get open, and when they manage to, they can't catch ... we have a secondary that can't cover anyone, and a d-line that can't rush the passer and an o-line that can't block the pass rush. And this was the roster Shanahan entered 2012 with claiming to be a much improved roster that he was very happy with, and confident he could win with. But if you take RG3 out of that mix ... the Redskins would likely be 0-9 right now, and looking at being the ugly twin sister to the 0-16 Detroit Lions of a couple years back. This is bad.

7) As much as I agree with the move to get RG3 ... we must take into account that over the past three years, with a full complement of draft picks at his disposal, Shanahan has managed to make no real tangible improvement from a winning perspective ... and aside RG3 and a couple of surprises like Alfred Morris, the personnel choices have been quite mediocre to poor ... with the exception of the high picks like Kerrigan, which one expects to be successful. So, with that in mind ... and knowing that for the next two years, we don't have those #1 picks ... how are we to expect that Shanahan will do better, with less? Couple that with another year of severe cap hit (due to the shenanigans in the front office during the uncapped year first year here) which will prevent us from patching all of this mess with free agents ... I see no light at the end of this tunnel, except the locomotive coming straight at us.

In the final analysis, teams and coaches can experience challenges, and no one can control injuries. Bad luck happens sometimes, and these circumstances must be considered when evaluating the performance of teams and coaches. But three years of declining performance is what it is. And the addition of two remarkable rookies like RG3 and Morris cannot make up for the many failures ... hell, Morris was a lucky find .. else they would have drafted him much sooner than round 6 ... and anyone can trade a wheel barrel full of draft picks for a star prospect like RG3 .. it doesn't take a football genius to do that.

But there is one sacred rule ... one all important principle that can never be allowed to be broken by anyone, player or coach ... and that is the cancer of "quitting" and "accepting defeat". This type of attitude is pure poison ... and no matter the source .. from a player to a secretary, it cannot be tolerated, under any circumstances.

In RG3's post game presser today, he pretty much said that he's coming back after the buy week, and fully plans and expects to win ... and those that don't feel that way should not bother to come back. That's how winners think, and that is the only attitude that should exist in the locker room, on the field, or in the coaches offices.

Snyder should embrace the leadership this young man named RG3 demonstrates, and follow that lead by doing his duty ... and eliminate this poisonous cancer coming from it's head coach ... immediately, with the extra week off to find an interim HC to finish out the year.

The Redskins organization does not need this creep ... RG3 doesn't need his attitude ... and the team will be better off when the lot of this incompetent staff of losers is gone.

If you had a player poisoning the locker room, you'd cut him ... you wouldn't wait till the end of the year. And there is not one good reason to wait to take action with a coach doing the same thing. And after this clear demonstration of it in front of the press ... and NFL headlines reading "Redskins throwing in the towel?" Shanahan must be fired. It's inconceivable for anyone to try to rationalize his unacceptable behavior and attitude. There is simply no excuse for it .. it cannot be tolerated ... and a clear message must be sent .... losers need not apply, and will not be welcome at Redskin park.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:15 am

The stat that really opened my eyes was that Shanahan is 5-15 at Fedex Field? 5-15??!!!!!

So, the people who pay huge money to watch the team play at Fedex 8 times every season can only "hope" to see the home team win twice. Gulp.

I don't care what the head coach's name is, and what his reputation is - results are all that matters.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:09 am

5-15 at home is pathetic ... and unacceptable. But today's presser was the last straw for me. Mike is a egomaniacal nitwit who's reputation far exceeds his true value as a coach, and his conceding the season openly just illustrates what a horse's rear end he is.

He's not a "players coach", and all of the telltale signs are there ... the most penalized team in the NFL is the mark of a poorly disciplined, poorly coached team ... and the past two weeks shows that opposing defenses are figuring out Kyle's Madden football like game management which has thus far relied on the super talents of RG3, and some trickery.

To be brutally honest ... Kyle has proven over the past couple of weeks that he actually can screw up a wet dream. He can take a tremendously talented QB, and a RB that's gaining 5+ yards per carry, and still find a way to fail.

Look at the mess we saw today ... 4 sacks in the 2nd half ... and not once does it occur to this punk to maybe roll RG3 out and away from that pass rush? Do we not have the screen pass in our playbook? What happened to the quick bubble screens to slow down that rush ... what happened to a conventional attack that has your QB with a rifle arm throw down field from a conventional passing attack instead of all this pistol formation and read option stuff?

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:03 am

Our problem isn't mike and Kyle..

It's that on offense: Two best recievers are hurt

On Defense: We are the worst in NFL History
HAIL

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football