Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Okay people I have been putting this thread off for a while now and now, sorry it's time for Mike, his son and the whole coaching staff to be terminated ASAP. Just like the game passed Joe Gibbs by, it has passed Shanahan by as well. And let's not kid ourselves. Mike Shanahan didn't build that team in Denver, Dan Reeves did. The only thing Mike gets credit for was the running backs and let's also add in that Mike wasn't nothing without Gary Kubiak and he hasn't been since. His son is a arrogant moron and I am so glad that Brian Mitchell called this team out. Let's also come to the realization that London Fletcher is old, slow and can no longer make the plays he once did, it's time to sit him down. It doesn't take any other team 3-5 to become a contender but it takes the Redskins 20 years? This is ridiculous and I would really like to kick Daniel Snyder in the ass for what he has done since buying this team. This team is pathetic, has no mean streak and are a bunch of professional. The only good thing about this team is #10 and #46 and they both should be able to go to a professional team with good qualified coaches not these stupid ass pieces of crap coaching this team into the ground. I swear too bad the bulk of us fans can't get Mike, Kyle and Jim Haslett in a boxing ring for about 5 minutes cause I swear I would beat them all to death cause they really do deserve it. They need to take the bush league play calling to high school where it belongs. I swear I doubt this team could even beat the Seneca Valley Screaming Eagles. This team get's worse as the year goes on and has happened every since Shanny has gotten here. Daniel Snyder you hire some young worthy coach that wants to win, not a past his prime coach who only came back to get his son more experience. And lastly Shanny didn't know defense in Denver and he still knows nothing about defense as evidence by the product he puts out on the field.................I am getting to the point of seriously hating this team................

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 pm

We could beat Seneca Valley!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

piglet

Postby Rayskins69 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm

I haven't posted in awhile, but yeah I feel the pain. Ive got over 35 years cheering for this team and its painful. Ive told anyone who will listen, but football is about coaching. Ive been on great teams that we knew going in we were better prepared. Ive been on other horrible teams where we didnt have a clue. I believe this current team is closer to the clueless...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm

(1) Wow . . . feeling better after that? Take a deep breath, dude. ;)

(2) Please remember that THN's forums outside of Talking Smack are PG. No profanity, or profanity with symbols in place of letters, is allowed. I've edited this post but please keep that in mind in the future.

(3) Paragraph breaks are your friend and should be used liberally. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes! What we REALLY need is another coaching change. That has really worked well for us in the past.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 pm

riggofan wrote:Yes! What we REALLY need is another coaching change. That has really worked well for us in the past.

:lol:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:(2) Please remember that THN's forums outside of Talking Smack are PG. No profanity, or profanity with symbols in place of letters, is allowed. I've edited this post but please keep that in mind in the future.

I tend to use garbage words like flipping flopping shikuzle and such like that. Works here in the real world.. but obviously smack is where the fudge it's at!!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

riggofan wrote:Yes! What we REALLY need is another coaching change. That has really worked well for us in the past.

+1

We have seen progress with MS. Inpatience and instability work against you when progress is actually being made. If there is no progress --- then by all means we should cut him loose right now, but there is progress being made.

When MS got here, there were literally only 3 half-decent players on this roster. Please remember that. We weren't SF when Harbaugh took over. Look at our final roster. Outside of Fletcher. Moss, and Orakpo, we had NOBODY on this team. It's almost comical in a very sad and depressing way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Washi ... nal_roster

MS had to find 52 guys to make a decent team in 3 years. That is a tall order.

Besides, did you really think we were a playoff team this year??? Get real. Playoff teams have quality at all areas. We have issues at DL, DB, OL, and WR. That's enough to keep us out of the playoffs. You need quality everywhere.

If you really think we should have gone from that roster in 2009 to a playoff team in 3 seasons, you need a reality check.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm

I almost want to start a NEW 12 Keepers thread.

Which 12 guys belong on this team 3 years from now?

Griff
Trent
Garcon
Morris
Kerrigan
Rak

Ruh Roh

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

The sky is falling!!!!!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Fans overreacting, News at 11...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Coaching changes haven't been our problem. Hiring the wrong coach has been the problem (ie Spurrier and Zorn). Obviously you don't want constant turnover but its equally bad to continue on with a coach that you don't think can get the job done. I'm not saying that Shanahan should be fired, but the idea for keeping him on just for the sake of continuity and because of too much turnover in the past doesn't make any real sense.
Suck and Luck

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Coaching changes haven't been our problem. Hiring the wrong coach has been the problem (ie Spurrier and Zorn). Obviously you don't want constant turnover but its equally bad to continue on with a coach that you don't think can get the job done. I'm not saying that Shanahan should be fired, but the idea for keeping him on just for the sake of continuity and because of too much turnover in the past doesn't make any real sense.

So if he's let go, who do we bring in that's a guarantee?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't think that Shanahan should be kept because of a lack of continuity OR because he did not do a good job in Denver OR ... whatever

I don't think that Shanahan should be fired because there are better coaches available or that someone else can come in here and make this franchise better

The ONLY reason that Shanahan should lose his job here is if he cannot get the players he has here to play together as a team for the next 7 games

the win loss record does not matter as much to me as I never really thought that the team was going to be all that special this season anyway

I think many fans are just VERY disappointed because they had unrealistic expectations

IF Mike loses the team then he should be let go but he will have the opportunity over the next 7 games to show that is the case or not

I am NOT a Mike Shanahan fan but I do think it will be important how the players respond to this challenge by the HC

that is how I take that statement he made - My 2 cents
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Neither does blowing it all up and starting over again.

Its just the same old nonsense around here. The same fans saying Shanny doesn't have what it takes and only won because he had Elway. Shanny doesn't have the drive because he already won his super bowls. Who do they want to replace him? Bill Cowher! Gruden! Sean Payton! LOL. Its the same old same old.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football