ARGO, the movie

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~~~

ARGO, the movie

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 am

ARGO, the movie. TRAILER

I am not a fan of Ben Affleck as an actor. I had never watched a movie in which he directs either.

However, this is a very well made movie. It is a real-life thriller and succeeds to maintain tension and suspense throughout until the end.

As we all know, it is based on a true story of cooperation between Canada and the USA. They add a bit of drama but it is mostly based on facts. My wife was also engaged due to the females characters (read: good movie for the wife too). :idea:

Based on information declassified by Bill Clinton in 1997. Good stuff. :up:

Irrational and fanatical teocracies of any religion are a pest. ;furious;
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Re: ARGO, the movie

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:It is a real-life thriller and succeeds to maintain tension and suspense throughout until the end.

Sort of. I tend to think that most of those suspensful moments were dramatised from the real facts. And since you know the ultimate outcome, it really isn't that suspensful, but it was a very enjoyable movie nonetheless. Argo ____ yourself. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Re: ARGO, the movie

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Most are true facts, including the chase but Hollywood ALWAYS takes liberties with reality. Hollywood can NEVER be trusted with history, at least PAST history. But when it comes down to CURRENT history in an emergency: they are Americans too and they will do whatever is on their side to help at a moment of need AS YOU NOW KNOW.

Indeed:

Argo ____ yourself. :P
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to The Lounge