Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:50 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:What Shanny said was taken out of context. However, he left it open to interpretation. And for someone who doesn't have a good relationship with the media, he brought this on himself.

Well put, Chris. I agree with this.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:This whole coaching staff the owner and many fans REEK.....seriously....

If we fire our coach every two years, we will never be good...seriously...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am

spenser wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote: Just had a bad couple games. Every team has them

Yea, just sucks that we've had a bad couple of games, every couple of weeks for a couple of decades. :evil:

I think we let Rat face finish the season, and depending whether we fight and finish hot or at least improving, or if the team quits will be the indicator if we break out the Cheddar, load up the trap and Rid ourselves of the rat. Seriously dude has a rodent face... jusy sayin.

Sorry bro. Every team faces this every year. Green Bay was in dire straights at the beginning of the year (according to their fan base). Its the teams that can right the ship that are successful. Now I don't think we're good enough to go to the playoffs with our secondary the way they are, but I do think that we could win 4 of the last 7. Winning 3-4 games to finish the season against a tough schedule and without our best players would be a good close. 5 games would be awesome. Fill in those holes over the offseason and lets see what happens in year 4 of Shannahan. Calm down people.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:57 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:This whole coaching staff the owner and many fans REEK.....seriously....

Well hire the right person and the problem is resolved. In today's NFL to not see any progress or any real improvement is not acceptable. Period.....

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.

They already had a good team, they just needed a good QB. Peyton left they were garbage. They now have another QB and they're decent.

Is it not dead obvious that the QB makes/breaks that team? Is it not obvious that the organization was run effectively prior to the new coach coming in?

Pagano didn't have to clear 100M of badly spent money.
Pagano didn't have to overhaul the bench.
Pagano didn't have to overhaul the starters.
Pagano didn't have build a training facility.
Pagano didn't have money stolen from him by a divisional rival.
Pagano didn't have to hire new personal trainers for the team.
Pagano didn't come into his job without draft picks.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. Neither is the situation in San Francisco. You all don't or simply refuse to acknowledge that this entire organization was completely and totally ****ED. Ignore it all you want, it wont change that it's a fact.

-Joe Gibbs couldn't overcome it. ( u can bring up his playoff appearances but they were flukish. they aren't sustainable, nor consistent. and they barely got in.) Fine, it was great at the moment. But it's nothing to hand ur hat on.
-Zorn couldn't overcome it.
-Spurrier.
-Norv.
-Marty wasn't given a chance.

Get real folks. This isn't a two year deal. It's going to take time. And tearing it all to shreds is just going to give you more of the same.

But just like when The Poster was here, you all don't learn from your mistakes when it's staring u in ur face. You're gluttons for punishment and that's what you got and that's what you'll continue to get. (not directed at anyone in particular)

fetus wrote:Honestly do you really want to rid RG3 of the coaching staff and scheme that he fits into???

Oh yeah they do. And they'll act like they didn't want it 3 years from now. It's idiotic.

Dan is a fan. Dan thinks like they do and thats why the team has sucked under his tenure. It's the EXACT SAME IMPULSIVE, WHINY, TEMPER TANTRUM "GIVE IT TO ME NOW" though processes. He's a fan. They're a fan. They hate him, yet they ARE HIM.

+1 every word of this
RGIII and the terrible D

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:What Shanny said was taken out of context.

Not by me.

Chris Luva Luva wrote:However, he left it open to interpretation. And for someone who doesn't have a good relationship with the media, he brought this on himself.

Agreed.

He should not have said what he did IMO. I've said worse when frustrated.

I did not like his follow-up either. How about a simple "My bad" from the big guy?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 pm

this is simply ridiculous,
if we fire every coach after 3 years then we will be in this position for the rest of the history of the NFL.
There is a reason that people laugh at us when we try to say anything positive about our team and the reason is our blatant over-reaction to every word spoken by players or coaches.
I am glad Shannahan said what he did, and I hope he meant it how everyone thinks he did, you have to put a fire under the whole organizations ass if you want to win games, and by him saying this, maybe it will encourage our team to not give up, maybe they will think "hmmm if i don't give it my all these last few games, I may no be here next year", and let's think about these players on our team... how many of them can actually go to another NFL team and start.... not a lot, so guess what, time to play and play hard, or you could be gone. That can also be directed toward the coaching staff.

Every team will have a bad game/season/lose to teams they shouldn't... didn't the rams beat the saints by like 40 points last year or so...
If Shanny and the coaching staff is gone after this year, then we will be signing $100 million fat pieces of *sh$t* again and we will have to live with 2-14 for the rest of our lives.
You have to give the staff a chance, although Haz can't coach high school d's and DeAngelo can't cover a baby with a blanket, you have to wait til all the pieces are in place and we actually have a team that can finish a game and play d and o.
Did you really expect our secondary to be good this year... who did we bring in, Cedric Griffin, Brandon Meriweather, Madipoo Williams.... wtf is that. To go with MeAngelo, Josh Wilson, Reed Doughty, and DeJon Mustard.... we have no one there!
If we go through this coaching carousel, that we are all so used to, again, we are in the same boat we were 2.5 years ago, but we have a franchise QB.
If Shanny goes and we bring in a few secondary pieces, and go to the playoffs next year or when ever he is gone, and actually look good,
remember who drafted RG3 and made the deal possible and who rebuilt this team from almost scratch. Remember who found 2 decent and 1 damn good running backs way late in the draft.
If he goes credit who actually built this team when we become something
RGIII and the terrible D

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Well hire the right person and the problem is resolved

Which is what we say every two years when we fire our coach

DaSkinz Baby wrote:In today's NFL to not see any progress or any real improvement is not acceptable. Period.....

Wow, no progress. That's seriously not paying attention.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 pm

fetus wrote:this is simply ridiculous,
if we fire every coach after 3 years then we will be in this position for the rest of the history of the NFL.
There is a reason that people laugh at us when we try to say anything positive about our team and the reason is our blatant over-reaction to every word spoken by players or coaches.
I am glad Shannahan said what he did, and I hope he meant it how everyone thinks he did, you have to put a fire under the whole organizations ass if you want to win games, and by him saying this, maybe it will encourage our team to not give up, maybe they will think "hmmm if i don't give it my all these last few games, I may no be here next year", and let's think about these players on our team... how many of them can actually go to another NFL team and start.... not a lot, so guess what, time to play and play hard, or you could be gone. That can also be directed toward the coaching staff.

Every team will have a bad game/season/lose to teams they shouldn't... didn't the rams beat the saints by like 40 points last year or so...
If Shanny and the coaching staff is gone after this year, then we will be signing $100 million fat pieces of *sh$t* again and we will have to live with 2-14 for the rest of our lives.
You have to give the staff a chance, although Haz can't coach high school d's and DeAngelo can't cover a baby with a blanket, you have to wait til all the pieces are in place and we actually have a team that can finish a game and play d and o.
Did you really expect our secondary to be good this year... who did we bring in, Cedric Griffin, Brandon Meriweather, Madipoo Williams.... wtf is that. To go with MeAngelo, Josh Wilson, Reed Doughty, and DeJon Mustard.... we have no one there!
If we go through this coaching carousel, that we are all so used to, again, we are in the same boat we were 2.5 years ago, but we have a franchise QB.
If Shanny goes and we bring in a few secondary pieces, and go to the playoffs next year or when ever he is gone, and actually look good,
remember who drafted RG3 and made the deal possible and who rebuilt this team from almost scratch. Remember who found 2 decent and 1 damn good running backs way late in the draft.

I completely understand what your saying but honestly 3 years in and we still lose to teams we should beat? We still have consistent breakdowns and our fundamentals are lacking too?? I am sorry but I simply don't think that our roster was that bad to begin with. We should have and have shown more progress than what we have shown, and please don't give me the first few games as indications of progress. Those point totals and lack of sacks are a direct result of other teams not having tape on RG3 and not knowing his tendency's. They have tape on him now and all of a sudden our receivers can't catch AIDS with a dirty needle?? Orakpo and Carriker being injured isn't that much of a loss either, not as much as some make it out to be. When has Shanahan ever built a winning team?? The 2 SuperBowl wins were Dan Reeve's built teams. When he had to build his own, he was fired. As a matter of fact honestly what has he really done to get a 4th year with the bush league calls he continues to allow his son to make, the product he is allowing to be fielded is regressing not progressing and if I am wrong tell me how..........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:52 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Ray is correct on this, and I might add, that Humphries was a bone of contention between the two and part of the reason Beathard said goodbye.

Humphries may have been the proximate cause, but he wasn't the reason.

I agree Bethard wasn't happy Gibbs was getting final say, which I said, but was wrong about, but it was apparently correct. But you guys are forgetting he was also in his mid fifties and had family in San Diego and wanted to go there. I'm not saying it was one or the other, I'm saying it was the combination.

And I wasn't?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:*side note*..

I like da avatar Mursilis.. congrats!

+1. Too bad you didn't get it seven or eight weeks ago, it might have gone far.

Oh dag was it that long ago? You gotta remember bro that I don't come in the public area too much. I'm usually cruisin in smack while gettin ---> :mrgreen:

No, I'm saying Mursilis' shiny new avatar might have gone far in the playoffs.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Contrary to the belief of armchair fans like Ray, 2 1/2 year is not long enough to overhaul a roster and build a winning organization when we were as bad as we were. I expect to see progress this year, and I did. I expect to see more progress next year. If at the end of year four we're still 6-10 or so, then yeah, you're getting my attention. But advocating starting over now is just crazy.

If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.

When did the Colts start playing in the NFC East again? :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:-Joe Gibbs couldn't overcome it. ( u can bring up his playoff appearances but they were flukish. they aren't sustainable, nor consistent. and they barely got in.)

Sean Taylor had a lot to do with that.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Did you really expect our secondary to be good this year... who did we bring in, Cedric Griffin, Brandon Meriweather, Madipoo Williams.... wtf is that. To go with MeAngelo, Josh Wilson, Reed Doughty, and DeJon Mustard.... we have no one there!If we go through this coaching carousel, that we are all so used to, again, we are in the same boat we were 2.5 years ago, but we have a franchise QB.

Who's responsible for these players being here ? The coaching staff is! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you want Shanny to stay fine, if you want him to go that's fine too. Both sides are making some valid statements that should be acknowledged. You can say it takes 5 years to right this ship and you may be correct but we could and should be further along than the same record at the same point in the year 3 years in a row losing to a 1-6 team at home. This secondary isn't any worse personnel wise than last years with Atogwe and Landry who were both injured yet it's performing worse (maybe Raheem is to blame, I don't know). I think it's fair to criticize the head coach at this point and if you want to defend him and say he should stay, don't point out the players being bad..the same players he drafted or signed in FA. You can argue cap hits, FA $ being spent on Garcon, etc but at the end of the day this is the team the coaching staff selected.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 pm

oneman56 wrote:

Did you really expect our secondary to be good this year... who did we bring in, Cedric Griffin, Brandon Meriweather, Madipoo Williams.... wtf is that. To go with MeAngelo, Josh Wilson, Reed Doughty, and DeJon Mustard.... we have no one there!If we go through this coaching carousel, that we are all so used to, again, we are in the same boat we were 2.5 years ago, but we have a franchise QB.

Who's responsible for these players being here ? The coaching staff is! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you want Shanny to stay fine, if you want him to go that's fine too. Both sides are making some valid statements that should be acknowledged. You can say it takes 5 years to right this ship and you may be correct but we could and should be further along than the same record at the same point in the year 3 years in a row losing to a 1-6 team at home. This secondary isn't any worse personnel wise than last years with Atogwe and Landry who were both injured yet it's performing worse (maybe Raheem is to blame, I don't know). I think it's fair to criticize the head coach at this point and if you want to defend him and say he should stay, don't point out the players being bad..the same players he drafted or signed in FA. You can argue cap hits, FA $ being spent on Garcon, etc but at the end of the day this is the team the coaching staff selected.

Very well said sir. Now get Shanahan and Haslett on a drone and have a couple F-22 use that drone for target practice....... :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football