Spot the Difference, ESPN Panthers TD Article Edition

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Spot the Difference, ESPN Panthers TD Article Edition

Postby cvillehog » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Look at the headline: NFL admits mistake on Panthers TD

Then look at the headline in the url: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85973 ... un-counted

They seem to be expressing opposing sentiments. Did anyone see an earlier version of the article that says the TD should have stood?

piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 pm

being a die hard Redskins fan and a North Carolina native...personally I think the entire concept of the Panthers is flawed. I do not care for the rabid nature of this teams fans , who, in fact have achieved so very little. That being the case, the refs called a horrid game and should be sanctioned-though I doubt it will happen. I wish it had been an non-issue and we'd won anyway.

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Was watching an NFL network highlight yesterday where the guys commenting on the video all thought it was the right call (the touchdown)...Do these guys even watch football?

Or IMO it's just the NFL trying to cover their own backsides from the public.

But if you say something smells fishy here, you are obviously a conspiracy theorist, wearing a tin foil hat. :roll:
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 am

what i don't understand is how nobody seemed to notice the flagrant hold on our DB who was in position to make the tackle on the edge before he raced a million yards downfield. he was being yanked backwards by his jersey with his arms flailing wildly in the air and no one seems to have noticed. he would have been there to make the tackle or slow him up to let those around make it. it should have been a 10 yard penalty, not a TD, whistle or not.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 am

Well, this is small consolation from the NFL.....and who knows how the game may have developed if the play was properly called.

I did not see this game as I was working....but do not think that this was the sole play that cost us a win.....we were playing the 1-5 Panthers at home....and we could not overcome this....with our high scoring offense? We have bigger issues than a blown call.....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football