Beacon of light

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**ch44

Beacon of light

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm

What Shannahan said was buffoon like. It really was. The guy is not a long term answer if he's sending messages to the team like that. I also don't like the fact that this is the most penalized team in the league. That's discipline and on the coaching staff. Going to be tough to get much buy in from here on out.

But I think there is a reason the team could quite possibly come back with a charge. And its because of the beacon of light that's coming from the middle of this locker room. And it's not Fletcher, it's not Alexander, it's not Cooley. None of them have stood up to defend this mess. It's Robert Griffen. Did you see his presser after the game. The guy is a fighter, and is putting the entire team, coaches, and franchise on his shoulders and saying, no way, I dont quit, and you shouldn't come back after the bye if you are going to quit either. This is how a champion handles adversity...right here. When his defense, and now coaches quit, here he is saying absolutely not.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... c9c0c5be07

Theres a great article on it.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/thom-love ... Jhzumt5mSM

So we can debate whether or not Shannahan will be here next year, (in my opinion he stays for one more offseason unless the team gives up on him) but stop and and watch Griffen for a second...a rookie no less, begin to shoulder this and hopefully lift this franchise to a great 2nd half.

Keep this in mind as well folks...the schedule.

We've split the NFC South with a 2-2 record.
We have lost the first 2 out of 4 with the AFC North
We have split our at large games 1-1
We have lost 1 games out of 6 against our division.

If we win 1 against the remaining AFC North teams, and split the NFC East, that would be a 7-9 record. I actually think we can win 4 between the remaining divisional games, that would be 8-8...2 better than I thought going into the season. I can hear the responses already so let them rain down.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Love the optimism. I'm having a little trouble believing we can pull it together this year, but maybe that's just post-multiple-loss gloom.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 am

I'm kind of looking forward to these next 3 games - we could go 3-0 :wink:

one game at a time

8-8 is doable but the most important thing here is to start playing together and eliminate the stupid mistakes by coaches & players alike
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Re: Beacon of light

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 am

chiefhog44 wrote:What Shannahan said was buffoon like. It really was. The guy is not a long term answer if he's sending messages to the team like that. I also don't like the fact that this is the most penalized team in the league. That's discipline and on the coaching staff. Going to be tough to get much buy in from here on out.

But I think there is a reason the team could quite possibly come back with a charge. And its because of the beacon of light that's coming from the middle of this locker room. And it's not Fletcher, it's not Alexander, it's not Cooley. None of them have stood up to defend this mess. It's Robert Griffen. Did you see his presser after the game. The guy is a fighter, and is putting the entire team, coaches, and franchise on his shoulders and saying, no way, I dont quit, and you shouldn't come back after the bye if you are going to quit either. This is how a champion handles adversity...right here. When his defense, and now coaches quit, here he is saying absolutely not.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... c9c0c5be07

Theres a great article on it.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/thom-love ... Jhzumt5mSM

So we can debate whether or not Shannahan will be here next year, (in my opinion he stays for one more offseason unless the team gives up on him) but stop and and watch Griffen for a second...a rookie no less, begin to shoulder this and hopefully lift this franchise to a great 2nd half.

Keep this in mind as well folks...the schedule.

We've split the NFC South with a 2-2 record.
We have lost the first 2 out of 4 with the AFC North
We have split our at large games 1-1
We have lost 1 games out of 6 against our division.

If we win 1 against the remaining AFC North teams, and split the NFC East, that would be a 7-9 record. I actually think we can win 4 between the remaining divisional games, that would be 8-8...2 better than I thought going into the season. I can hear the responses already so let them rain down.

I love your point but seriously it won't happen. RG3 can't overcome the deck of cards he was dealt. Mike and Kyle will destroy him if they are allowed to continue this crucifixion. Seriously who in their right mind allows a franchise QB to go out for a pass and risk him getting destroyed by a defender? Kyle does. Who in their right mind allows gimmick plays on the 2 yard line rather than putting the ball in Alfred Morris's hands and have him go behind Trent Williams? Oh yeah Kyle does and Mike sits back and allows it. Year one Donovan McNabb is the scape goat, Year 2 Grossman and Beck are the scapegoats. Year 3 and it's Mara's fault and he is the scapegoat or will Kyle throw RG3 under the bus?? Let's face facts 14-27 with a lower winning percentage than Spurrier and Zorn and in year 3 this roster now has Shanahan's guys and they still SUCK. Hello people if Shanahan had the Texans or Falcons rosters right now they too would be 3-6. Wanna know why? Because this coaching staff is outdated on most fronts, don't coach basics on other fronts and is allowing a son to call plays he shouldn't be calling and let's not even go into the Jim Haslett being given and extension with the BS product he has fielded this year. This coaching staff is nothing but a sinking Titanic and Daniel Snyder isn't smart enough to find and hire coaches that understand football in 2012 he is betting on coaches that played and coached 30 years ago. And that is our reality and the teams consistent failure......I actually feel sorry for RG3 and Albert Morris because chances are within 3-4 years they won't even be in the league or will be a shell of what they are today. I am willing to bet Sean Payton would have this team with maybe 1 loss..........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 pm

I don't know... the Smeagols and Cowpies suck pretty bad too. We know we can beat the G-strings, and we still have to play the Browns. We're not out of this thing yet.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:We know we can beat the G-strings

I don't know that, how YOU know that?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:What Shannahan said was buffoon like. It really was.

Not to jump on you specifically Chief, but I've been listening to guys on the radio complain about Shanny's comment for the past two or three days and I just couldn't disagree more.

The coach had just lost what we all know was pretty much a must win game. His players, his coaches, all put in a crap effort. So he comes off the field 10 minutes after that and doesn't roll through the list of platitudes coaches are supposed to say? The uproar this week isn't that what Shanny said wasn't true. Its that he's not SUPPOSED to say those things. I mean, give me a freaking break.

I remember when Norv was here the thing I really disliked about him was his whiny, mealy-mouthed answers to why we just lost some game. It cracks me up now to hear him doing the same thing out in SD.

I'll take Shanny giving an off the cuff, honest, completely un-PC answer like that any day over the same rehearsed, trite, non answers most coaches give in that situation.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:21 pm

riggofan wrote:

Not to jump on you specifically Chief, but I've been listening to guys on the radio complain about Shanny's comment for the past two or three days and I just couldn't disagree more.

The coach had just lost what we all know was pretty much a must win game. His players, his coaches, all put in a crap effort. So he comes off the field 10 minutes after that and doesn't roll through the list of platitudes coaches are supposed to say? The uproar this week isn't that what Shanny said wasn't true. Its that he's not SUPPOSED to say those things. I mean, give me a freaking break.

I remember when Norv was here the thing I really disliked about him was his whiny, mealy-mouthed answers to why we just lost some game. It cracks me up now to hear him doing the same thing out in SD.

I'll take Shanny giving an off the cuff, honest, completely un-PC answer like that any day over the same rehearsed, trite, non answers most coaches give in that situation.

Sorry my brutha but going into a bye-week on week 10 and having weeks 11-17 to play, I can't see how saying he's gonna evaluate talent will help our players.

He could've phrased it differently and said "hey, if they want to give up now than we have no problems in evaluating talent for next year". That way he couldn't put it on them and still make his point.. and hopefully behind the scenes he looked into the mirror and cuss'd himself out too and walk out and give it to his coaching staff as well.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Twice last year, shoulda woulda coulda this year up there.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Twice last year, shoulda woulda coulda this year up there.

You keep forgetting - we DID win.

You know what's REALLY sad? If we'd hung on against the Rams and Giants we'd be in 1st place. I least I think it's sad. Somebody will probably dispute that.

-drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 pm

see it's not the wins or the losses - it's how the team prepares, practices and executes - we are not looking as good as we should

this is not a playoff ready team and those were not the expectations for this season ... but ...

we did play the giants tough and I do think we can win the next three ... but ...

it's not the winning but the players executing with desire and the coaches doing their due diligence and preparing these guys to win that is most important right now

this team is capable of playing a lot better with the players they have than we've seen in the past few weeks
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Sorry my brutha but going into a bye-week on week 10 and having weeks 11-17 to play, I can't see how saying he's gonna evaluate talent will help our players.

He could've phrased it differently and said "hey, if they want to give up now than we have no problems in evaluating talent for next year". That way he couldn't put it on them and still make his point.. and hopefully behind the scenes he looked into the mirror and cuss'd himself out too and walk out and give it to his coaching staff as well.

Yeah, I'm sure he could have phrased it differently, and I'm sure Shanny agrees with you on that. I'm just saying the coach being honest and p*d off doesn't bother me one bit.

Compare his comments to Andy Reid after the Eagles dropped to 3-5 this weekend. This is the Eagles who actually were Super Bowl picks two years in a row. Who spent a ton of money on free agents and actually have some talent on the field. Reid shows up and says the Eagles are "off a little bit" and need to get a "few things tightened up."

Anybody want to hear Shanahan come out after Sunday's game and say, "Yeah, we were just off a little bit" ? hah.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Trent Williams on Shanahan's 'evaluation' comments: "I think you guys made a little bit bigger deal about it than what we thought it was."

Me too, Trent.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

He knows it, because we beat them in the last game... the score didn't show it... but we beat them.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine

Postby masterkwon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

It's just incredible the number of fans who have Bright Shiny Object Syndrome as bad as Tiny Snyder.

First there was the suggestions and lobbying to go after Bill Cowher as a head coach on three different occasions. Yeah right. Cowher worked for one of the best owners in football/all of sports, there was no way he was ever going to come to DC to be a part of Tiny Snyder's dysfunctional circus of an organization. Geez.

Then there were those last year screaming for Tiny to go after Peyton Manning when everyone with just a minute amount of knowledge about football knew good and well Peyton would never come to the NFC East where he would have to play his brother twice a year, and he certainly was not going to finish his career with a perennial loser like Washington.

Now, after a bad game being dominated by Carolina we got some clown suggesting Sean Payton would be a candidate to replace Lil Shans when Tiny fires him next year. Give us all a break!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football