Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:15 pm

We have to remember the cap ramifications from the off season. Our front office was planning on bringing in some defensive help as well.

Its clear we have some weaknesses. However I thought the Oline would be our weakness has turned out to be solid in my opinion.
Our defense really needs help and our WRs have to step it up bigtime.

Overall I want Shanahan back but wouldnt mind Haslett being let go. We need help in the secondary and a big solid WR wouldnt hurt at all.

Its not like any of us thought this team would be perfect. We all knew we are rebuilding and I think we are on the right track. Just need a few more adjustments a couple more pieces.

Heres to 7 in a row!!!!!!! Lets go!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:We have to remember the cap ramifications from the off season.


:roll: here comes this guy with common sense.

No room for that here sir.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:20 pm

:lol:
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Contrary to the belief of armchair fans like Ray, 2 1/2 year is not long enough to overhaul a roster and build a winning organization when we were as bad as we were. I expect to see progress this year, and I did. I expect to see more progress next year. If at the end of year four we're still 6-10 or so, then yeah, you're getting my attention. But advocating starting over now is just crazy.


If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.


I always love the "Tom Brady" argument. I actually don't need to "explain" anyone who turned around in less than 2.5 years to argue that it's not normal. There are 32 teams, many of them bad and most of them stay that way more than 2.5 years. And you didn't even support the Colts were as bad as all around bad as our Jim Zorn team was, you just pointed to a one year record.


The Colts are just one example. Take the Lions. They were in far worse shape after what Millen did to them then we were when Shanahan took over. In 2008 and 2009 they were a combined 2-30. In 2010 they improved to 6-10 and last year to 10-6 and a playoff spot.
Suck and Luck

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:24 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.


Thanks for the laugh I needed that.


The next post will not be your backing that up
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Contrary to the belief of armchair fans like Ray, 2 1/2 year is not long enough to overhaul a roster and build a winning organization when we were as bad as we were. I expect to see progress this year, and I did. I expect to see more progress next year. If at the end of year four we're still 6-10 or so, then yeah, you're getting my attention. But advocating starting over now is just crazy.


If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.


I always love the "Tom Brady" argument. I actually don't need to "explain" anyone who turned around in less than 2.5 years to argue that it's not normal. There are 32 teams, many of them bad and most of them stay that way more than 2.5 years. And you didn't even support the Colts were as bad as all around bad as our Jim Zorn team was, you just pointed to a one year record.


The Colts are just one example. Take the Lions. They were in far worse shape after what Millen did to them then we were when Shanahan took over. In 2008 and 2009 they were a combined 2-30. In 2010 they improved to 6-10 and last year to 10-6 and a playoff spot.


Gotcha. We've gone past the "Tom Brady" argument and now it's the "Tom Brady and Kurt Warner" argument.

Tom Brady? That would be silly. That's one guy. Tom Brady AND Kurt Warner did it, now that's an argument.

Here's an exercise for you. List all the teams who have ever sucked. Now, list how many of them still sucked 2.5 years later. In fact more than two didn't suck 2.5 years later. But the vast majority...

And that even gives you that you didn't show either of your not one but two examples didn't come with demonstration the team was actually as bad from top to bottom as ours.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16098
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:In 2008 and 2009 they were a combined 2-30.

Who'd they beat those two games?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16098
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:37 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.


Thanks for the laugh I needed that.


The next post will not be your backing that up

So, Romney then, right? :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16098
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Contrary to the belief of armchair fans like Ray, 2 1/2 year is not long enough to overhaul a roster and build a winning organization when we were as bad as we were. I expect to see progress this year, and I did. I expect to see more progress next year. If at the end of year four we're still 6-10 or so, then yeah, you're getting my attention. But advocating starting over now is just crazy.


If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.


I always love the "Tom Brady" argument. I actually don't need to "explain" anyone who turned around in less than 2.5 years to argue that it's not normal. There are 32 teams, many of them bad and most of them stay that way more than 2.5 years. And you didn't even support the Colts were as bad as all around bad as our Jim Zorn team was, you just pointed to a one year record.


The Colts are just one example. Take the Lions. They were in far worse shape after what Millen did to them then we were when Shanahan took over. In 2008 and 2009 they were a combined 2-30. In 2010 they improved to 6-10 and last year to 10-6 and a playoff spot.


Gotcha. We've gone past the "Tom Brady" argument and now it's the "Tom Brady and Kurt Warner" argument.

Tom Brady? That would be silly. That's one guy. Tom Brady AND Kurt Warner did it, now that's an argument.

Here's an exercise for you. List all the teams who have ever sucked. Now, list how many of them still sucked 2.5 years later. In fact more than two didn't suck 2.5 years later. But the vast majority...

And that even gives you that you didn't show either of your not one but two examples didn't come with demonstration the team was actually as bad from top to bottom as ours.

Kurt Warner?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4389
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:You're a fair weather fan anyway, whatever.


Proof????


Since when does Kazoo offer proof for anything that he says?


Dude! Wake up!! The burden is never on him!!!

:lol:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4389
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.


Thanks for the laugh I needed that.


Just metaphorically spit up some coffee.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4389
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.


Thanks for the laugh I needed that.


The next post will not be your backing that up


That he needed a laugh?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.


Thanks for the laugh I needed that.


The next post will not be your backing that up


That he needed a laugh?


Canes whines then in fact doesn't back it up.

Deadskins thinks word association is an argument.

Then you go playground.

Wow, how do I compete with playground? It's a devastating tactic. Well played, my friend. Well played...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:50 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
It's easy to bash the team when we lost three in a row. Too easy. Pointlessly easy. But you want to do that then whine about me? How dare I defend the Redskins on ... The Hogs ...

This is football, I advocate my team. And defend them against people who hate on them.


If I don't like the direction the team is headed I'm going to speak my mind. When I think the coaches are making excuses to justify their underperformance I'm going to call them on it. Especially when there are teams accomplishing things that the coaches say can't be done. You can defend Shanahan all you want, but at the end of the day a team is only as good as its record, and right now we are 3-6 in year 3 of a rebuild, which is pathetic.


Damn dude spot on assessment but evidently we can't put that on this board without rose colored glass wearing Shanahan followers shouting one more year don't bash we have injuries a hard schedule....And if that isn't whining and pathetic excuses then what the heck is?? We are to simply stew to ourselves and continue to watch a once proud organization continue to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL and like it.......Gotcha!!!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:evidently we can't put that on this board without rose colored glass


Yes, "The Hogs" means we're a neutral NFL site for random NFL fans with no affiliation to any team. Anyone who defends a team ... any team ... like one based in the DC area ... is what the heck??? .. You and Canes seriously need some cheese with your whine...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football