What is the most important cause for the DEFENSE collapse?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

What is the most important cause for the DEFENSE collapse?

Lack of Draft and Free Agency effort by the FO
2%
Injuries and suspensions
22%
Poor 3-4 implementation & game planning by J. Hasleet
40%
Poor execution by an inept and incompetent bunch
20%
Cap penalty imposed by Mara & his puppet goddahell
16%

Total votes : 45
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Darrell Green's and Charles Mann's opinions on what the problem is with the defense:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/11/05/darrell-green-charles-mann-poor-technique-to-blame-for-redskins-defensive-struggles/

Both former players see plenty of talent in the Redskins’ defensive ranks. And neither questions the schemes that Haslett has dialed up. But they question whether the players are being taught how to capitalize on their natural ability and elevate their games.

I have been arguing all along that this isn't mainly a talent issue. Both Mann and Green see enough talent. I have added, from John Keim's reports, that while the 3-4 is not the problem, the way Haz is running it is a major part of the problem.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:Darrell Green's and Charles Mann's opinions on what the problem is with the defense:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/11/05/darrell-green-charles-mann-poor-technique-to-blame-for-redskins-defensive-struggles/

I feel like this is deserving of it's own thread. I'd hate to see it get lost in the mix. It's a fresh take on the situation and I'm inclined to believe it because it makes total sense.

The coaches we have are fine from a schematic POV. But we need people to teach technique... When you have an OL Coach switch over to DB's coach, how would he know their technique? I doubt he could. So he's teaching it? Or do they assume that the guys already know...? Sounds a lot like the regular "work force" to me. I deal with this everyday.

Good point. I'll start a new thread.
Suck and Luck

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Its all of the above except injuries and suspensions. However I do think if Merriwether can get his act together he could help a bit.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Its all of the above except injuries and suspensions.

:hmm:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Its all of the above except injuries and suspensions. However I do think if Merriwether can get his act together he could help a bit.

actually ..... if the players and coaches get their acts together it would really help a lot :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm sticking by my guns. Injuries and suspensions have most do do with it. It all comes into play. If key member aren't injured then things are much better. I agree coaching, Mara cap hit and all have a part. If you can only pick one I have to go with that.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 am

Deadskins wrote:

Lack of Draft and Free Agency effort by the FO, Poor 3-4 implementation & game planning by J. Haslett, Poor execution by an inept and incompetent bunch, and Cap penalty imposed by Mara & his puppet Goddahell

:shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 am

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Lack of Draft and Free Agency effort by the FO, Poor 3-4 implementation & game planning by J. Haslett, Poor execution by an inept and incompetent bunch, and Cap penalty imposed by Mara & his puppet Goddahell

:shock:

Yeah, I got what he meant. I was scratching my head over how he thinks injuries and suspensions don't figure into it.

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am

Deadskins wrote:

You got head lice or something? Why you scratching your head? :lol:

Actually I take that back it is all of the above. Orakpo got hurt I forgot about that. So basically the reason the Defense has performed poorly is basically all the answers above.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

I don't think you can discount Carriker's and Merriwether's injuries, or Jackson's suspension either.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 am

Deadskins wrote:I don't think you can discount Carriker's and Merriwether's injuries, or Jackson's suspension either.

+1 - ALSO that Jenkins has not shown the form he had before his injury

I think he's going to be a better player next year
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm

“I come to work, I work hard, I do the best I can with what we got and try to put these guys in position to win games and be successful on defense,” Haslett said Wednesday. “That’s all really I can do.”

Clearly Haz thinks that the talent is the reason why things are the way they are. When you read Shanny's comments in the article, it also appears that there will be no changes . Fit the players to the scheme! How many teams stick to that as religiously as Shanny?

Read more: Redskins have some pieces that fit, some that don’t - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z2BghgY3co
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter[/quote]

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I voted for one Jim Haslett.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football