Drug Law Reform ... at last?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~~~

Drug Law Reform ... at last?

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 am

Colorado and Washington vote to legalize marijuana for recreational use

I am not and I have never been a marijuana user. I oppose the abuse and dependency of drugs by all persons and particularly the young, as I am opposed to the abuse of and dependency on alcohol and tabacco. But I am delighted that these votes took place and were WON because it removes the CRIMINAL element in two US States from the production and distribution of marijuana.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:03 pm

I have a friend who just moved from DC to Colorado. Now I know why. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:I have a friend who just moved from DC to Colorado. Now I know why. :lol:

Ummmmm... can you tell him to email job listings??? I NEED to be there!!! :lol:

I, unlike my buddy Ric am not opposed to it.. "I didn't go to high school I went to school high"
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm also one of the 50 people (it seems) who have never used, but I thought this was the biggest news from yesterday. This could be huge and the first step toward ending what is one the greatest injustices within US borders today: the war on drugs.

When I wrote this on THN just two years ago,

Irn-Bru wrote:With all of their budget problems, I wouldn't be surprised if California makes it legal sometime in the next 5-10 years.

I thought I was being optimistic on the timeline! :shock:

But now two states have done it, and not just for medicinal uses, with more sure to follow.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

The real benchmark will be when a state east of the Mississippi legalizes it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Deadskins wrote:The real benchmark will be when a state east of the Mississippi legalizes it.

:mrgreen:

I'm assembling the playlist of all playlists starting this weekend for that joyous day. :lol:

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:43 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I, unlike my buddy Ric am not opposed to it.. "I didn't go to high school I went to school high"

Look brother, I was surrounded in high school by many friends who did it and I love them because we respected each other's choices.

In my job (and several others), abuse of alcohol or marijuana, let alone other more potent drugs, are a recipe for disaster and have led to very grave consequences and accidents.

I do not judge others. I respect other's choices. I feel, HOWEVER, that this NEEDED LEGAL approval must come along with taxes, health warnings and VERY STRONG DUI legislation to work well.

Whatever people do in the comfort of their homes, bedrooms and backyards, and their free time is not my business.

Before you pack your bags, please wait a while. Those two States will surely face strong legal challenges from the Federal Government. The Feds will lose as they have also lost "the war on drugs" but they might delay things a while.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I thought I was being optimistic on the timeline! :shock

I wrote in that same thread:

Redskin in Canada wrote:LEGALIZE IT ... and remove the criminal elements from it !!!

More damage is created by the criminal organizations around it than by the drug itself. There are better chances to fight against this drug through education than law enforcement.

Hog

Re: Drug Law Reform ... at last?

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Colorado and Washington vote to legalize marijuana for recreational use

I am not and I have never been a marijuana user. I oppose the abuse and dependency of drugs by all persons and particularly the young, as I am opposed to the abuse of and dependency on alcohol and tabacco. But I am delighted that these votes took place and were WON because it removes the CRIMINAL element in two US States from the production and distribution of marijuana.

I guess I was wrong. I was under the impression that it was legal in Hawaii and Alaska for a small amount and 1 plant.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 am

I believe it is a start and will at least open up more dialogue about the unnecessary prohibition of the plant. Society is evolving...slowly, but at least it seems that we are making progress in respecting the civil liberties of our fellow man.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 am

For some serious rational discussion about this subject:

Global Commission on Drugs

with a perspective from abroad as well.

Drug Law Reform website

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 pm

My simple logic.. if you can legalize same sex unions, you should legalize da herb. :mrgreen:

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Seriously this law is RETARDED we can sell liquor, we can sell any and all tobacco products but we can't seem to find a happy medium to sell a plant that grows, that as far as I can tell only makes you either hungry, horny or sleepy. This is further perplexing because you get more jail time for a 20 dollar bag of weed then you do a 100 dollar bag of cocaine or Meth. Can no sane logical argument be made other than the fact that since weed is perceived as a black man's drug that is why its classified as such. No way smoking a joint ever made anyone want to sell their body for the next joint or sell their TV. But we can't say that for the other 2 drugs I mentioned. Seems to me the fools that started this war on drugs should have first started a war against not using common sense............

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:This is further perplexing because you get more jail time for a 20 dollar bag of weed then you do a 100 dollar bag of cocaine or Meth

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!

Free up di Herbs !!!!!!!!!!!!

..but if you try and tax it too much best believe hustlers will sell it tax free. :lol:

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:This is further perplexing because you get more jail time for a 20 dollar bag of weed then you do a 100 dollar bag of cocaine or Meth

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!

Free up di Herbs !!!!!!!!!!!!

..but if you try and tax it too much best believe hustlers will sell it tax free. :lol:

Legalize it and I would pay a 45% tax on some purple haze or blueberry!!! Hell come to think of it I would pay 50% tax on some damn SKUNK but only when it's legal....... :roll:

Return to The Lounge