Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 13506
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 am

riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.


+1

OH NO :shock: you're spoiling all the fun :lol:

we need to change things, we don't need to know why - fire everybody

and

IF that doesn't work ....... fire them too - we'll get it right .... eventually :shock:


the best suggestions are those that are for getting rid of all the problems here NOW :lol:

I mean that would create a mess but it would be a diversion from the losing :lol:


Obama just got 4 more years after the mess he made of the first term - bring him in - he can get this thing turned around in 4 years

and think of the pomp and circumstance on the sideline each week :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 am

riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.


:lol: :lol: :lol: That's because you used the logic.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

After reading this thread, I think the problem with the skins is that they are located in DC......

I'm surprised people haven't started campaign slogans for either keeping MS or getting rid of him -- because the lobbying efforts have already begun.....

It's the typical DC reaction --- knee jerk. I live in Houston and while I don't consider myself a Texans fan, they are a good example. Back in 2010 people thought that the team was underperforming and it was because of Kubiak. After all up to that point he only had 1 winning season in 5. However, the fans didn't over-react (yes, a small minority did, but most didn't; they trusted their owner). They kept Kubiak and they went 10-6 on an injury riddle team and are now 7-1. Kubiak is now Houston royalty.

That said, we need to take a step back and consider the alternatives to MS/BA --- something people commonly DON'T do in most knee-jerk decisions.... If we were to fire MS, I would be worried who Danny would hire. BA would also most likely be gone as well. There are 2 options:
(1) A young, wet behing the ears HC that Danny "believes in" --- like Zorn. These HC just want a shot and are willing to allow Danny to stick his stupid head into football and ruin the team. And based on prior experience, we all know how that turns out. We have a 0% chance of having a winning season if Danny boy has any control over football operations. Danny would also likely hire another GM Vinny puppet -- who knows, I actually could see him hiring Casserly. :puke: Yes, Snyder IS that dumb.
(2) A seasoned SB winning coach like MS or Gruden. These are coaches that have the influence to exclude as a prerequisite Danny from football operations. Right now, that is basically what we have. Most of these coaches want major $$$ (which doesn't matter to us) and full control. This type of control can be a bad thing --- like a dictatorship. The HC would also hire the GM, which would be a puppet of the HC.

We aren't going to get a guy like Tomlin because (i) Danny is too stupid to see talent in a young up and coming coach, and (ii) Danny will screw up the football operations stuff and will handicap them into failure.

Regardless, this all ties back to the unfortunete truth that we have the worst owner in football. He lacks adequate leadership and is a horrendous decision-maker. What I fear is that if MS/BA doesn't do it for us (and it appears as such), the cycle will just start all over again.
Last edited by markshark84 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4853
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.


:lol: :lol: :lol: That's because you used the logic.


haha. Seriously though! If people are looking for a franchise to compare us to, try Cleveland or Oakland. Endless coaching changes. Franchises QBs who didn't pan out. Can't build through the draft because you traded away all of your picks for an old Carson Palmer. The idea that somebody is going to come in here and fix it all in 2.5 years is crazy.

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am

I say:

FIRE BRUCE ALLEN NOW!!!!!!!!

Bring Vinny Cerrato and Daniel Snyder back as a combo to the Front Office!

FIRE MIKE SHANAHAN NOW!!!!!!!!

I am sure Jim Zorn and Steve Spurrier have learned their lessons and deserve a second chance too.

ANYTHING and ANYONE would be better than what we have!!!

































Really?

These crowd has made mistakes with:

player selection (e.g., Macnab),
the timing for the change to a 3-4 defensive scheme,
game plans and plays at times, and
some press conferences.

but they have also made good choices with:

player selection (e.g., RGIII, Morris, etc),
the change to a better 3-4 defensive scheme (not its timing),
game plans (e.g., New Orleans) and plays at times, and
some press conferences.

I rather have 0.500 than 0.000.

Please, guys. REMEMBER the past. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 am

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.


:lol: :lol: :lol: That's because you used the logic.


haha. Seriously though! If people are looking for a franchise to compare us to, try Cleveland or Oakland. Endless coaching changes. Franchises QBs who didn't pan out. Can't build through the draft because you traded away all of your picks for an old Carson Palmer. The idea that somebody is going to come in here and fix it all in 2.5 years is crazy.


+1

We trade away our future year after year. It's like Feb. 2nd in DC every offseason. RGIII turned out to be a successful trade, but we could have REALLY used that first rounder on a DB, OL, or DL.... and our 2014 1st rd pick also......

This is not a quick fix. It takes time to clean up the incredibly large dump Danny dropped on this franchise. If this team wants to be successful over the long term --- they need to do it like the others and build from the draft. This FO needs to set a precident that moving forward they will not trade ANY draft picks --- NONE.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 am

SkinsJock wrote:WHY do we HAVE TO get rid of the DC now?

WHY can this decision not wait until after the season is over?


Should we also get rid of ALL the other coaches AND players that are not doing their jobs?

:shock: what is wrong with some of you guys?


Okay what's the difference in getting rid of Hasbeen now and allowing the new DC to use the remaining games to gauge who stays and who go's? Isn't is stupid to waste a whole season then having to hire a DC and then guess who will fit his system rather than getting ahead of the curve now? I mean really what has Jim Hasbeen honestly done to warrant being here the remainder of the year? And please don't go with any B.S. about him turning the defense around....Not happening.....

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:please don't go with any B.S. about him turning the defense around.

Oh, I wouldn't say he hasn't turned the defense around. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4853
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm

markshark84 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.


:lol: :lol: :lol: That's because you used the logic.


haha. Seriously though! If people are looking for a franchise to compare us to, try Cleveland or Oakland. Endless coaching changes. Franchises QBs who didn't pan out. Can't build through the draft because you traded away all of your picks for an old Carson Palmer. The idea that somebody is going to come in here and fix it all in 2.5 years is crazy.


+1

We trade away our future year after year. It's like Feb. 2nd in DC every offseason. RGIII turned out to be a successful trade, but we could have REALLY used that first rounder on a DB, OL, or DL.... and our 2014 1st rd pick also......

This is not a quick fix. It takes time to clean up the incredibly large dump Danny dropped on this franchise. If this team wants to be successful over the long term --- they need to do it like the others and build from the draft. This FO needs to set a precident that moving forward they will not trade ANY draft picks --- NONE.


Yep. I love the RGIII pick, and I'd still do it if we had to go back. But we really aren't a team that can afford not having a 1st round pick the next two years - especially when Mara is taking away our ability to cover those holes with a solid free agent.

I don't personally have a problem with firing Haslett or even Kyle at the end of the season if Mike decides they haven't done a good job. But I think it should be the Coach's decision. Not something done because idiots on the radio and internet want to see somebody canned.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:WHY do we HAVE TO get rid of the DC now?

WHY can this decision not wait until after the season is over?


Should we also get rid of ALL the other coaches AND players that are not doing their jobs?

:shock: what is wrong with some of you guys?


From what I've read the reason Haslett hasnt been let go is because of money. If they sack him now they'll have to pay out the rest of his contract. If the Shanny fires him at the end of the season the Skins won't have to pay him. If thats the case I see why they're waiting. Its not like anyone else on the coaching staff can do much better so the team might as well wait for the year's end.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:WHY do we HAVE TO get rid of the DC now?

WHY can this decision not wait until after the season is over?


Should we also get rid of ALL the other coaches AND players that are not doing their jobs?

:shock: what is wrong with some of you guys?


From what I've read the reason Haslett hasnt been let go is because of money. If they sack him now they'll have to pay out the rest of his contract. If the Shanny fires him at the end of the season the Skins won't have to pay him. If thats the case I see why they're waiting. Its not like anyone else on the coaching staff can do much better so the team might as well wait for the year's end.


Not sure I believe that. When has Snyder ever worried about money?? I think we see what happens with the new DB coach and see if he has DC talent. If not wait and get Rex Ryan in here ASAP at the end of the year cause he will be fired from the Jets.....

08 Champ
Posts: 13506
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

I am very sure that the players and the FO want to finish this season before they make any rash decisions - that's fine with me

I just love the knee jerk reaction and the really STUPID "what could it hurt ..." :shock:

look - I'm not sure that these guys are the right guys - I'm just very glad that we have RG3
that was a great trade and fully worth what we gave up

sure we could use the draft picks but it's not like we have dumb and dumber in charge anymore here
- these guys will find a way to get a decent roster together with depth

IT WILL TAKE TIME - and we'll still have RG3

the product on the field is exciting again, despite what some may think

I do not agree that radical changes are needed, we are not far off
- I think Mike is here for another year barring a meltdown
- I'd really like it if Mike took over the play calling and let Kyle work with RG3
- I think that Hazlett's history unless this defense saves his sorry ass with better game planning

I'm for anything that does not include Dan Snyder having anything to do with player selection and for the people in charge to make the decisions at the appropriate time
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4898
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Stick with Shanahan. No more organizational chaos. And I didn't see that the NFL had passed Joe Gibbs: who built toughness back into the Redskins and took them to the playoffs twice in four years?

The comments by Mann and Green are interesting because they put the cause way back to 1994, when Norv Turner brought in his unique style. Before that, the Redskins had had an unbroken line of powerful defensive teams, beginning with the day that George Allen traded for his Over the Hill Gang. Allen->Pardee->Petibon; Diron Talbert->Dave Butz->The National Defense.

Someone else said it: maybe it's worth spending more on defensive coaches than on free agents?

Still...don't fire Bruce Allen or Shanahan. Keep the continuity. Find another receiver, build the defense, protect RG3. If QB is more important than 30 years ago, then the trade for RG3 was absolutely necessary. That's a start.

HTTR

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4486
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.


Thanks for the laugh I needed that.


The next post will not be your backing that up


That he needed a laugh?


Canes whines then in fact doesn't back it up.

Deadskins thinks word association is an argument.

Then you go playground.

Wow, how do I compete with playground? It's a devastating tactic. Well played, my friend. Well played...


Thanks. I like doing what you do sometimes.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:26 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Bishop Hammer wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:WHY do we HAVE TO get rid of the DC now?

WHY can this decision not wait until after the season is over?


Should we also get rid of ALL the other coaches AND players that are not doing their jobs?

:shock: what is wrong with some of you guys?


From what I've read the reason Haslett hasnt been let go is because of money. If they sack him now they'll have to pay out the rest of his contract. If the Shanny fires him at the end of the season the Skins won't have to pay him. If thats the case I see why they're waiting. Its not like anyone else on the coaching staff can do much better so the team might as well wait for the year's end.


Not sure I believe that. When has Snyder ever worried about money?? I think we see what happens with the new DB coach and see if he has DC talent. If not wait and get Rex Ryan in here ASAP at the end of the year cause he will be fired from the Jets.....


Not sure you are exactly using logic here......... at all.

In your first post, you say that we should fire Haz because:
1. the "new" DC can come in mid-season and make an first hand assessment of who should stay and who should get fired/cut.
2. The new DC will have time to decide which players fit into his system
--> This statement is then followed by your second post proclaiming that we should replace Haz with our CURRENT defensive backs coach..... One who, in his current position, could already do items 1 & 2. So the way I see it, you gave 2 unneccessary reasons.....

In your second post you state that we should fire Haz to replace him with Morris. Our DB coach. Not sure, but do you realize that our DBs are the worst defensive unit in football? Morris is their coach. You know that right? Does it make sense to replace our current DC with the coach currently in charge of the WORST defensive unit in the NFL? The coach of the unit that is the reason for why our D is horrendous. Also, remember his HC gig in TBay. Remember that defense??? They were DEAD LAST in the league in his final year as HC (and they started as a top 10 defensive in his first). So, I'll go out on a limb and say no, it doesn't make sense.

As a second option, you state Rex should come in and be our DC. Really?? You know that MS still provides major input on D. Do you honestly think that Rex and MS could co-exist?? You realize both these guys have large egos, right? You also want to bring in the Terrell Owens of coaches ---- one that mouths off to the press every opportunity he gets? He's a good defensive coach, but not exactly the best fit.

It appears that MS has not given up on the season. If he had, then he may consider a change, but he hasn't. It appears you have.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football