Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
61%
Mitt Romney
39%

Total votes : 28
cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 am

DarthMonk wrote:Image

In the last 3 days Obama has continued to gain:

ELEC 307-231.

85% to win.

POP remains 50.6-48.3 Obama.

Single most likely outcome remains 330+ in ELEC at almost 20% with a 10% chance of an even larger margin of around 350+.

DarthMonk

I would say the 538 forecast was pretty accurate.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:16 am

The good news is that it's finally over ...

4 years ago I thought that it might be nice to have a change and how bad could things really be - I voted for Obama

NOTHING changed and things actually got worse - not so much because of Obama but because of his party and their stupidity in not being able to get anything done

when I saw that Romney was going to be the Republican nominee, I was a little surprised - I did not think that he could do the job

actually I also thought that the republicans were doing what the Democrats did for ages - put up someone that couldn't win

so now we have 4 more years of Obama and his party - I do not expect things will get better because of the Democrats - things MIGHT get better because there are so many good people here that are determined to do well

I firmly believe that most people voted for the party that they thought was best for them - I really think we'd be a lot better off if they had voted for the party that they thought would be best for the USA

hopefully the house of representatives will keep the idiots that are in the Democratic party in check

and

next election, the Republicans find a candidate that can continue to point this country in the right direction

kind of like what's happening to my Redskins ... :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 am

SkinsJock wrote:NOTHING changed and things actually got worse - not so much because of Obama but because of his party and their stupidity in not being able to get anything done
hopefully the house of representatives will keep the idiots that are in the Democratic party in check

Do you see the disconnect there?

And no, Kazoo, I'm not saying the Democrats should be allowed to do whatever they want, I'm just pointing out the flawed logic.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:06 am

Deadlocked Congress ...

Most structural changes going nowhere ...

40% annual deficit ...

Expensive military engagements abroad ...

No credible plan to renew the economy ...

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WAS ELECTED!!!

None of the candidates offered a credible solution or vision. For all the differences highlighted among themselves, the TWO CANDIDATES LOOKED TOO MUCH ALIKE.

My impression: Most people did not vote enthusiastically, they voted for the least of two evils. 750,000 votes difference among 100 million votes is a very divided country.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am

I really doubt Democrats will be able to raise taxes if anything it will get shut down in the House.

I am actually optimistic this time around. I actually think Republicans and Democrats will compromise this time around. Both parties are guilty in my opinion of not cooperating with each other the past four years. They all need to swallow there pride and work together and keep the peoples best interest in mind.

Heres the deal I think that goes down. Obama approaches Boehner after one of there sessions. (Obama) Hey John how about we get a beer have a talk about taxes and Immigration. (Boehner) Are you serious? (Obama) Yes I am serious come on I got some nice cold ones well watch the Skins game and see if we could work things out. (Boehner) Ok dont try anything funny Barack.
(Later on in the White House living room.)
(Boehner) Ok Barack just to let you know there is no way we are going to sign off on raising taxes. Over my dead body! (Obama) Ok deal! Both men break out in laughter. (Boehner after two beers) You know what Barack raise the numerical tax amount on us but provide loopholes so in actuality you would be lowering the tax burden for us.(Obama) What do we get out of it? (Boehner) Ill guarantee your version of the Dream Act passes on to the Senate.(Obama) Hmmm...Ok deal. You better make sure your buddies start hiring and investing. We are going to need the additional tax payers since we are lowering your taxes! (Boehner) Oh dont worry about it trickle down oh I mean settle down!

All though this story I cooked up is fictional. I really do think a scenerio like this will play out dealing specifically with taxes and immigration.
Just cross your fingers guys.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 am

HEROHAMO wrote:All though this story I cooked up is fictional. I really do think a scenerio like this will play out dealing specifically with taxes and immigration.
Just cross your fingers guys.

Fictional is the key word above.

Obama RAN on a platform to RAISE taxes for those with income above 250K. There is NO WAY he will backdown from that position without a substantial effort to get it done. NO DEAL at least after the first two years of his second mandate. And then, you have the mid-term elections.

You guys have designed the PERFECT system for deadlock. The threat of filibusters in the house, delay tactics, por barrel strategies, expensive campaigns based on single-issue lobby money, too many short-term elections, ...

It appears as if the job of politicians is to WIN ELECTIONS rather than the good of the people and a vision for the future. Not as optimistic as you are. The DEFICIT and the next election is going to catch up sooner than compromise. We have reached the point of NO RETURN to an economic problem. The question is when and how , not anymore IF.

Sorry. This issue involves us in Canada too. US is likely to affect several economies, including our own in Canada.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Where is Kazoo? haha. He mustn't feel like talking today.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:NOTHING changed and things actually got worse - not so much because of Obama but because of his party and their stupidity in not being able to get anything done

Do you see the disconnect there?

And no, Kazoo, I'm not saying the Democrats should be allowed to do whatever they want, I'm just pointing out the flawed logic.

:lol: let me muddy the water a little more - I totally agree with RiC in that there is no way that either party can get things straightened out here without the guys in BOTH parties learning to work together

NOT HAPPENING - especially with Obama and the Dems in the white-house for another 4 - they could give a damn

like I said - it does not matter - politicians no longer really do much and especially not with all the anger they create against each other

what an incredible waste of money :roll:

Going to be interesting to see how Obama is looked at - I'll bet it's not going to be pretty - not his fault but it was because of his ineffectiveness as a leader
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Cappster wrote:Where is Kazoo? haha. He mustn't feel like talking today.

You're celebrating your demise. The parasites are firmly in control.

Obama has clearly shown that you can be arrogant, condescending and fail at everything you set out to do. You can drive the economy into the ground. And if you offer enough "free" money, you can be President anyway.

Why you would celebrate that is beyond me.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Deadlocked Congress ...

That's the only blessing in the election. It's better to do nothing than what Obama wants to do.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:10 pm

:roll:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:33 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

That's the only blessing in the election. It's better to do nothing than what Obama wants to do.

The PERFECT deadlock ... I do not see how that can be any consolation to anybody instead of trying to work on common ground.

US is a VERY divided country and at times of impending economic crisis, this is a deadly recipe.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Most structural changes going nowhere ...

40% annual deficit ...

Expensive military engagements abroad ...

No credible plan to renew the economy ...

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WAS ELECTED!!!

None of the candidates offered a credible solution or vision. For all the differences highlighted among themselves, the TWO CANDIDATES LOOKED TOO MUCH ALIKE.

My impression: Most people did not vote enthusiastically, they voted for the least of two evils. 750,000 votes difference among 100 million votes is a very divided country.

This coming from an ex-pat living in "OH Canada"..... thank for your input. BTW, I like you RIC.........

I've said all along that our choices were between the "lesser" of 2 evils.

THE ILLUMINATI is the greatest evil......and the Federal Reserve...hahaha

There may be a few hitmen out on my trail now.... Hey RIC, I'll be needing your expert, covert knowledge.......help!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Cappster wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Now Hear This:

God wants to give us another 4 years of Obamanation.
Personally, I don't think he deserves it......but GOD's will be done

GOD RULES.............AND HE OVER-RULES

Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

God had nothing to do with it. You see...people go to these things called polling stations and cast a vote for who they want as president. Obama was elected by humans and nothing more.

what- EV..........capps

It's a matter of Belief and Faith..... I choose to Believe the Bible

. . . until he learned that the Most High God rules over the kingdoms of the world and appoints anyone He desires to rule over them. Daniel 5: 21

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Deadskins wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

You know that was Jesus' response on the question of taxes, right?

Of course, but HIS main point was that HE/Jesus is NOT of this world...He was God in the Flesh (such a mystery that our puny minds cannot comprehend) WE still must honor the rulers and laws of the land.

I'll give you these verses instead:

. . . until he learned that the Most High God rules over the kingdoms of the world and appoints anyone He desires to rule over them. Daniel 5: 21

Daniel 2:21 NIV
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

Psa 75:7 But it is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another.

Return to The Lounge