Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
61%
Mitt Romney
39%

Total votes : 28
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Reality check. Bush tax cuts are set to expire. If nothing is done. Taxes are going up.

You know I pushed for immigration reform back in 2009. Had the GOP payed attention to the Latino Vote they may be in the White House today? Latinos are going to be growing and the next four years they will keep getting a larger demographic.

What if Romney won? The Senate would still belong to Democrats and we still would have gridlock.

Compromise is in order. My main goal would be lowering taxes across the board for all Americans. If I were the leader of the GOP my main sales pitch would be as follows.

Offer up Obama and Democrats a Bi partisian Bill on immigration. A revised Dream Act. In exchange for extending the Bush tax cuts.
You want to make sure the Bill is well received by both Republicans and Democrats. You want the Latino vote to know you are part of this bill.

If worst comes to worse. Offer to give Dems all of the dream Act in exchange for Lower taxes for all of the US. They will get increased support from Latinos but if you get lower taxes thats seems like a win IMHO.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Obama has clearly shown that you can be arrogant, condescending and fail at everything you set out to do. You can drive the economy into the ground. And if you offer enough "free" money, you can be President anyway.

This is EXACTLY what GWB did.

Arrogant? Check. Made no bones about it.

Condescneding. Same.

Failed at everything? Check - though every failure can be expressed as a success of a negative ... you know ... like ...

Driving the economy into the ground? Check and mate.

Oh yeah ...

Free money? You betcha! I remember rebate checks and faster deficit growth than under Obama (a fact!) while cutting taxes!

:shock:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:Where is Kazoo? haha. He mustn't feel like talking today.

You're celebrating your demise. The parasites are firmly in control.

Obama has clearly shown that you can be arrogant, condescending and fail at everything you set out to do. You can drive the economy into the ground. And if you offer enough "free" money, you can be President anyway.

Why you would celebrate that is beyond me.

Kaz is a STAND-UP guy......... here he is
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Cappster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Image

In the last 3 days Obama has continued to gain:

ELEC 307-231.

85% to win.

POP remains 50.6-48.3 Obama.

Single most likely outcome remains 330+ in ELEC at almost 20% with a 10% chance of an even larger margin of around 350+.

DarthMonk

I would say the 538 forecast was pretty accurate.

Funny how a certain poster reprimands us for ignoring facts while refusing to believe some of the coldest pre-election data in existence.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:23 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Condescneding. Same.

Failed at everything? Check - though every failure can be expressed as a success of a negative ... you know ... like ...

Oh yeah ...

Free money? You betcha! I remember rebate checks and faster deficit growth than under Obama (a fact!) while cutting taxes!

W sucked. I didn't vote for him. I've often criticized him and have yet to once defend him. So I'm not sure why you're addressing this to me.

Is this the old I'm not a liberal, so I'm a Republican gag?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:US is a VERY divided country and at times of impending economic crisis, this is a deadly recipe.

What's more deadly is Obama's solution of solving uncontrolled spending and unbridled government power with more spending and regulation. Deadlock is better than that is.

Oh, here's more arsenic to help you get over your arsenic poisoning...

In the last three months I sold my restaurant (thank the Lord) and bought a marketing promo business which I'm integrating into my design business. From here on out I'm just focusing on the one business platform and I'm not going to own any more stand alone businesses, it's too draining and splits my attention.

Anyway, I'm currently working on two more acquisitions and I'll be swamped for a while. Good luck guys, and go Skins.
Last edited by KazooSkinsFan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

BTW....is the movie 2016 the awful TRUTH ....or simply propaganda???

The decrease of the ARMs race is scary to me.... like being "caught" with our pants down.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:35 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Condescneding. Same.

Oh yeah ...

W sucked. I didn't vote for him. I've often criticized him and have yet to once defend him. So I'm not sure why you're addressing this to me.

Is this the old I'm not a liberal, so I'm a Republican gag?

I QUOTED you. I ADDRESSED the forum.

I did it because I think you used the wrong name. I don't think Obama did any of the things you said. I don't think he is arrogant or condescending. I think he is humble and gives a lot of people credit that most others belittle. I don't think he failed at everything he set out to do - just some. I don't think he drove the economy into the ground. That had already been done. He has overseen a recovery. I'll stay away from the free money thing.

That paragraph addressed you.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 pm

I don't know if any of you will care, but if I can just take a minute to say on behalf of the rest of the planet:

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!

You guys had us all worried for a bit there but you came through in the end. Well done!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Last night's real big winner? Nate Silver, whose just-the-stats-ma'am mathematical model correctly predicted the outcome of the vote in 50 out of 50 states — a perfect score. The number-crunching Fivethirtyeight.com analyst's triumph was also a loss for gut-trusting pundits, who'd generally predicted a closer race (Silver gave Obama a 92 percent chance of winning); a win for the New York Times, where he now blogs (20 percent of its readers checked out Silver's blog on Monday); and, according to Mashable, for "geeks" and "nerds." But mostly it was a win for Silver, now the subject of multiple tweets predicting — who knows how accurately — he is "so getting laid" after his success.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Despite the outcome - I still feel that the Electoral College SHOULD BE DONE AWAY WITH.

Let's do POPULAR VOTE instead.......why NOT.....?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 pm

what6 about the waste of money and time :roll:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I don't know if any of you will care, but if I can just take a minute to say on behalf of the rest of the planet:

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!

You guys had us all worried for a bit there but you came through in the end. Well done!

You're welcome. I did a lot of phone-calling for the President. The campaign-workers were enthusiastic...the mix of eager college kids and determined people my age.

I kept reading Nate Silver's 538 Blog in the NY Times, which was helpful because the media insisted that President Obama could not be re-elected.

Maybe it was also inspiring just to talk with people in Ohio. We worked from voter lists that just told us name, age, county, and phone number. One day I called a woman who is 97 years old...expecting to talk with a frail person, ready to find her a ride to the poll. She stopped me, saying, "Young man, I am the chair of our Federation of Democratic Women. We have already voted". Later, I talked to a 43 year old man who was voting for the first time...and proud.

Glad it's over.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:W sucked. I didn't vote for him. I've often criticized him and have yet to once defend him.

:roll:
If by criticized, you mean saying he "sucked" once in a while, then yes, but you defended him at every turn, and have yet to offer any real critique of any of his policies other than to say you were opposed to both wars.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Cappster wrote:Where is Kazoo? haha. He mustn't feel like talking today.

You're celebrating your demise. The parasites are firmly in control.

Why you would celebrate that is beyond me.

Haters gonna hate haha
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Return to The Lounge