Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Deadskins wrote:What was the Colts cap situation like when the new regime took over?

$11.6 million under in early March, the Skins were at around $13.4 million under at that time... The Colts are around $5 million under and the Redskins are at $3.3 million under as of last week.

SkinsJock wrote:
I take it that you think that Mike should be more involved with the HC stuff and not be a part of the FO

I think he should be more involved in the play calling on both sides of the ball. The current structure of the FO doesn't have a GM and one is needed, just not Mike

SkinsJock wrote:
this is what I see - depending on how this next 7 weeks go -

The FO stays the same with Mike as HC AND possibly some coaching changes

or

new coaching staff and FO - maybe Bruce keeps his job

my ideal scenario for this off season would be

Bruce Allen and Bill Polian with a new coaching staff = My 2 cents

I won't mind bringing in a "Bill Polian type" to work along with Mike and Bruce as long as Mike doesn't have final say on personnel.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Here's my 'thing'

- Mike & Bruce have done well 'managing' this franchise - considering we haven't had a FO, that's no big deal

- Mike has not done a good job as HC

I do not think Mike will stay unless his role is the same

I think we could do better with a new HC

BUT - HERE"S the dilemma ...

Mike & Bruce put together the trade to bring in RG3 and that is HUGE

Mike & Bruce brought in Morris and combined with Mike's ZBS - we could have a great ground game

with a few additions and some players coming back from injuries and re-inventing their games ....

we are not far off the pace :lol:

it's going to be an interesting end to this season and ...

we be talking playoffs next season ......

no matter who is in charge here :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 am

SkinsJock wrote:we be talking playoffs next season ....

That's what you said last year. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

swine

Postby SkinsFTW » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:29 am

The problem with firing Shanahan is does anybody really think that Snyder can find anyone better?

Maybe after all of these so called great coaches failed here he'd take up the Jerry Jones model lol.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.

+1

OH NO :shock: you're spoiling all the fun :lol:

we need to change things, we don't need to know why - fire everybody

and

IF that doesn't work ....... fire them too - we'll get it right .... eventually :shock:

the best suggestions are those that are for getting rid of all the problems here NOW :lol:

I mean that would create a mess but it would be a diversion from the losing :lol:

Obama just got 4 more years after the mess he made of the first term - bring him in - he can get this thing turned around in 4 years

and think of the pomp and circumstance on the sideline each week :lol:

You are aware, of course, that every significant economic indicator is up, depression ended, five and a half million new jobs added, Iraq war ended,
Afghanistan war scheduled to end, Osama dead, Llybia liberated (and terrorist dictator dead), equal pay for woman, direct loans to students (save millions), no more "don't ask, don't tell," increased domestic oil supply, home prices up, construction up, 60 of 63 green energy companies successful, more jobs added in last three months than Bush added in eight years, banks bailed out--economy saved, millions of additional Americans insured, no pre-existant conditions still preventing people from getting insurance, the deficit going down(surprise) , stock market doubled, Iran isolated by American coalitions from all over the world, steady flow of foreign policy triumphs, no new wars, sum total of attacks on America--one embassy, Medicare, Medicade, and Social Security preserved. What's more, and what you Fox News watchers find so hard to believe: under Obama, America has had the lowest level of new spending since Eisenhower (fifty years). Most of what you Republicans call "Obama spending" is actually Obama paying off debts that Bush initiated-- like the cost of two wars, a drug cost expansion in Medicare, and the Bush tax cuts.

Obama has a chance to be properly regarded as one of the greatest presidents in American history. To achieve that, he will have to combat a Republican party that is still committed to turning this country into a plutocracy, handing over trillions to the rich, and starving the middle class, the old, and the poor. The behavior of the Republican party the past four years has been wildly unpatriotic. It has tried to deliberately sabotage the economy, new jobs, education, and public workers such as firefighters and policemen. Further, it has demonized the poor, as if they were paid anything but pennies from the public till, and glorifying the rich, who have been stealing billions and working to take over things like Social Security purely for their own gain. Don't even mention the words "poor" and "takers" in the same breath. The rich are the "takers." They get rich off the work of others and then receive the world gift wrapped by the government in unearned or unneeded subsidies and insanely unfair tax breaks.

Maybe Obama can help turn that around. Tough going, I know. He'll first have to educate dimwit members of the middle class who vote against their own interests after listening to Hannity, who is paid to lie to them.

By the way, a recent study found that Fox views are less informed than people who watch no news at all. To illustrate: Did you know that a recent study by the Congressional Research Service (the top such service in the world) showed that tax breaks for the wealthy have no effect on the GNP and do not create jobs. Since the finding went against the basis of the whole notion Republican's have about how the economy works, Republicans tried to bury the report. It found the light of day, anyway. Bad luck for your team. You'll never be able to use your BS trickle down again. What nonsense will you come up with next.

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:There has been one thing, and only one thing thing over the last two decades that has remained a constant.....Dan Snyder.

I have no love for The Danny, but he didn't buy the team two decades ago.

Close enough....

Eh, round it up 8 years... Who's counting

You can stick up for Danny Boy all you want...it's not gonna change the fact that he's the problem with this team...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 am

:shock: WOW

and

ROTFALMAO

The time for ending the Shanahan regime will most likely not happen very soon ...

having read the posts from those here who have more than 1 brain cell - I really think that Mike will be here for next season and not much will change at the top - i.e. OC, DC

my basis for this is that these guys brought in RG3 and with Morris we have a pretty good offense - top 5 I believe

the defense did not get a lot of attention but who could have seen the absolute disaster that is this defense considering what we had last year ... when you consider the draft, players returning from injury, free agency and players returning to form (Jenkins) - the defense should be a lot better - I mean it's ranked 29th now, surely it will be better next season

I'm still not a Mike as HC fan - I think he's too egotistical and not flexible - BUT ... he and Bruce did bring in RG3 and when you see what has happened with an offensive line that was not mean't to be very good and how well the offense has played despite having no really great receivers plus the loss of Davis - I think he and his staff will be here for another year

a lot depends on how these guys finish the season - it sounds like the players think that they're going to show that nobody here is just looking to make sure they have a job here next year and also that Mike and Jim can turn this defense around ...

we shall see - they better come out of this bye all fired up ...

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 am

In reading the comments regarding the discussing the Redskins versus Colts and how they achieve at a faster rate, just like The Falcons, Saints, 49ers to name others I believe it boils down to heart and dedication. Of course coaching still has a part in it and especially on defense that product fielded has stunk pretty much since after game one. Regardless of injuries, cap situations or phantom whistles good players make plays. RG3 and Morris have been consistent all year but everyone else hasn't. RG3 can't put this team on his shoulders and succeed. Stupid playcalling in the Red Zone are also a important factor. I was just over at CSNWashington reading articles and one was talking about Trent Williams being among the NFL's best. Made me laugh cause if he was it would seem Morris following him in from the 2 yard line is a better option that having RG3 run an option to Polumbus's side!! With the exception of #10 and #46 pretty much every other skill player on offense has little if any real desire to be good and make a play when his number is called. This is a very telling statement because I am willing to bet switch rosters with the colts and even though it appears their coaching staff is leaps and bounds above ours they would still have a worse record because the players we have here aren't hard, and don't have that inner desire for the most part. If it doesn't come easy they aren't built to fight a slugfest and this has been the issue pretty much since 1992............

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:You are aware, of course, that every significant economic indicator is up, depression ended, five and a half million new jobs added, Iraq war ended,
Afghanistan war scheduled to end, Osama dead, Llybia liberated (and terrorist dictator dead), equal pay for woman, direct loans to students (save millions), no more "don't ask, don't tell," increased domestic oil supply, home prices up, construction up, 60 of 63 green energy companies successful, more jobs added in last three months than Bush added in eight years, banks bailed out--economy saved, millions of additional Americans insured, no pre-existant conditions still preventing people from getting insurance, the deficit going down(surprise) , stock market doubled, Iran isolated by American coalitions from all over the world, steady flow of foreign policy triumphs, no new wars, sum total of attacks on America--one embassy, Medicare, Medicade, and Social Security preserved. What's more, and what you Fox News watchers find so hard to believe: under Obama, America has had the lowest level of new spending since Eisenhower (fifty years). Most of what you Republicans call "Obama spending" is actually Obama paying off debts that Bush initiated-- like the cost of two wars, a drug cost expansion in Medicare, and the Bush tax cuts.

Obama has a chance to be properly regarded as one of the greatest presidents in American history. To achieve that, he will have to combat a Republican party that is still committed to turning this country into a plutocracy, handing over trillions to the rich, and starving the middle class, the old, and the poor. The behavior of the Republican party the past four years has been wildly unpatriotic. It has tried to deliberately sabotage the economy, new jobs, education, and public workers such as firefighters and policemen. Further, it has demonized the poor, as if they were paid anything but pennies from the public till, and glorifying the rich, who have been stealing billions and working to take over things like Social Security purely for their own gain. Don't even mention the words "poor" and "takers" in the same breath. The rich are the "takers." They get rich off the work of others and then receive the world gift wrapped by the government in unearned or unneeded subsidies and insanely unfair tax breaks.

Maybe Obama can help turn that around. Tough going, I know. He'll first have to educate dimwit members of the middle class who vote against their own interests after listening to Hannity, who is paid to lie to them.

By the way, a recent study found that Fox views are less informed than people who watch no news at all. To illustrate: Did you know that a recent study by the Congressional Research Service (the top such service in the world) showed that tax breaks for the wealthy have no effect on the GNP and do not create jobs. Since the finding went against the basis of the whole notion Republican's have about how the economy works, Republicans tried to bury the report. It found the light of day, anyway. Bad luck for your team. You'll never be able to use your BS trickle down again. What nonsense will you come up with next.

Perhaps you should post this in The Lounge. :idea:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 am

:lol: DaSkinz - it'd be fun to get you a pass into the Redskins locker room and you tell a couple of those guys what you think :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am

SkinsJock wrote::lol: DaSkinz - it'd be fun to get you a pass into the Redskins locker room and you tell a couple of those guys what you think :lol:

Don't think I haven't posted my same thoughts to London Fletcher, Santana Moss's facebook pages. I have also tweeted my thoughts to many via twitter and I have personally told my thoughts to Steve Bowen via Xbox Live where we play games online together. So I think I have done my part........

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 am

grampi wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:
grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:There has been one thing, and only one thing thing over the last two decades that has remained a constant.....Dan Snyder.

I have no love for The Danny, but he didn't buy the team two decades ago.

Close enough....

Eh, round it up 8 years... Who's counting

You can stick up for Danny Boy all you want...it's not gonna change the fact that he's the problem with this team...

Listen gramps, never in my 8 word sentance did I stick up for him...
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:56 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.

+1

OH NO :shock: you're spoiling all the fun :lol:

we need to change things, we don't need to know why - fire everybody

and

IF that doesn't work ....... fire them too - we'll get it right .... eventually :shock:

the best suggestions are those that are for getting rid of all the problems here NOW :lol:

I mean that would create a mess but it would be a diversion from the losing :lol:

Obama just got 4 more years after the mess he made of the first term - bring him in - he can get this thing turned around in 4 years

and think of the pomp and circumstance on the sideline each week :lol:

You are aware, of course, that every significant economic indicator is up, depression ended, five and a half million new jobs added, Iraq war ended,

Thanks for jacking the thread. Anyway, if you want to move this to the lounge, please proceed, because NEVER in history has any president been re-elected with this high of unemployment. NEVER. And the only reason he won was because he had an idiot named Romney running against him...haha. I can debate you all you want in the lounge. And I didn't vote for either of those idiots.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 am

I'm shocked by how often I find myself agreeing with SkinsJock this season... crazy!

I was just going to add that while I don't think we should fire Shanahan anytime soon, I kinda doubt that he's ultimately going to be successful in terms of wins/losses, playoffs, etc; You would hope in RGIII's second year they could at least make the playoffs given what he has shown us all this year.

I think the most likely scenario is that Shanny will put in four or five years of the type of repair work that we've needed for a long time (and which he should have started YEAR ONE). Hopefully, he'll lay a good foundation for whoever comes next. I would argue with RGIII, Morris, maybe Hankerson, Kerrigan, some young draft picks on the o-line, that he's been doing that. Compare that to the Redskins roster that was left for him by Zorn.

I'm still holding out hope for this year, cos I'm a fan. The Cowboys and Eagles both suck. We really should have beat the Giants. We have all of those games in front of us still. Two weeks to get healthy and see what can be fixed on this woeful defense. How about instead of calling for the coaches to be fired, we start calling for the coaches/players to play with some freaking heart and not quit on us yet?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 am

thanks riggo - I'l take the back-handed compliment :)

I also think that barring a major letdown here, Mike and Co will be given another shot at this - IMO they've earned it

I totally believe that we're going to see both players and coaches doing their best to finish this season in a way that we're all going to be looking forward to sticking it to Godahell and Mara next season

we might even get JSPB on board the bus :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football