Okay, Here's What I Wanna Hear.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Okay, Here's What I Wanna Hear.

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:48 pm

Spurrier: Ramsey Should Be Ready For Miami
11/18/2003

By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com

Steve Spurrier said Tuesday that he expects quarterback Patrick Ramsey to be available to play in Sunday night’s game against the Miami Dolphins. Ramsey has developed a bone bruise in his right foot. It is an old injury that has flared up in recent weeks.

Should the injury persist, Spurrier said, he will be concerned about how well Ramsey will be able to plant his feet when he throws.

Spurrier said he was confident that Tim Hasselbeck could fill in if necessary and perform well. Hasselbeck, who has been with the Redskins since late October and briefly stepped in for Ramsey to throw three passes in the Week 9 game against Dallas, has learned the bulk of the playbook, Spurrier said.

“Tim’s throwing a lot of good balls in practice,” the head coach said last week. “If he had to play, we feel confident he’d play well. He’s pretty close to knowing most of the plays.”

Spurrier also said he was leaning toward resuming calling the bulk of offensive plays in this Sunday's game against Miami.

Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson has called many of the plays in the last two games, a 27-20 victory over Seattle and a 20-17 loss at Carolina.

RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

hmm

Postby ryan56 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:20 pm

Spurrier also said he was leaning toward resuming calling the bulk of offensive plays in this Sunday's game against Miami.
hmm well... is there really any reason to do that?

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:57 pm

Damn we need some sort of continuity, order, something! Its something new EVERY week.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:30 pm

Damn we need some sort of continuity, order, something! Its something new EVERY week.

well, that pretty much sums it up.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

IMHO

Postby skinz74 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:59 am

I know I might catch some flack for this, but I think if we don't win the Miami game, the season is OFFICALLY in the tank. Not that it pretty much isn't anyways, but we're still listed as the bottom rung of playoff eligle teams. Until we're not there, I'll continue to feel as if we have a chance. But anyways, back to my point. If we don't win the Miami game, I think Patrick should sit out at least three games, to allow himself to heal. I think he's played enouph of this season to graduate to his next level of understanding. I just think it might be time to start thinking about healing and next year. The staff has already declared Hasslebeck has a good grasp of the offense...and he seemed pretty fearless himself when he stepped in for those 3 plays. I just don't wanna see this kid destroyed before he gets to his potential, because I think he can be one hell of a QB.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:22 pm

74 i second that motion.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:42 am

Look's as if Hasselbeck is gonna get his shot against Miami, along with Simon. Might have to watch this game with my beer goggles on. Boys, you might wanna strap yourselfs down for the rest of the season, because I think this ride is about to get bumpy.

-drinking

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football