Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Postby Richmond Redskin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:In your opinion 1niksder, how much money do you think we will have to spend next year? Going by gut feeling or what you believe would probably happen.

Good article here..somewhere around 100 million...(96-109 mil)

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2012-a ... space.html

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I can not believe we didn't give up a 4th rounder to grab Talib from the Bucs. Am I the only one here? Very little compensation for a top DB

Talib and a 7th rounder... Why don't we jump on these things? Apparently though this guy comes with baggage.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I can not believe we didn't give up a 4th rounder to grab Talib from the Bucs. Am I the only one here? Very little compensation for a top DB

Talib and a 7th rounder... Why don't we jump on these things? Apparently though this guy comes with baggage.

Exactly. And they haven't necessarily struck gold with their gambles — I believe we're getting a draft pick from them this year thanks to the Haynesworth trade.

A team like the Patriots can afford to make a move like this. I wouldn't have been very comfortable with the Skins doing the same thing.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:

Exactly. And they haven't necessarily struck gold with their gambles — I believe we're getting a draft pick from them this year thanks to the Haynesworth trade.

A team like the Patriots can afford to make a move like this. I wouldn't have been very comfortable with the Skins doing the same thing.

Also, he is going to be a free agent this year. I bet R. Morris advised against it as well.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:05 am

I'm with FFA and ChiefHog on this - we don't need to add players like this

I understand we need a lot of help but that is not a move we can afford
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:Is there a chance Hall could be here as a safety for less money?

He has played FS in a few games this season so it's possible...

Kilmer72 wrote:In your opinion 1niksder, how much money do you think we will have to spend next year? Going by gut feeling or what you believe would probably happen.

The Skins currently have 38 players under contract for 2013 with a cap total of $99.8M, and $1.8M in dead cap, throw in the $18M cap penalty and that's $119.6M of the projected $120.6M cap for 2013 :shock:

Those totals include D. Hall at almost $9M, Fletcher and Moss with over $6M each and Jammal Brown with close to $5M against the cap or $20M in possible cap space. They'll have about $4M to carry over.

Then you have contracts that can be re-worked like Cofield, Bowen, Wilson, Morgan, and Williams (all making close to $4M in base or more), which could net close to $15M in additional cap space.

They'll spend a little more during the 2013 off season than they did in 2012.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:40 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:

He wouldn't have been able to play this week anyway. The Redskins have enough players on the roster that can't get on the field
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Any idea about this player Routt that was cut today from the Chiefs?

http://touch.arrowheadaddict.com/arrowh ... 567047a669
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Hall has stunk it up but cutting our best DB is not the answer this season.

Its clear we have weaknesses in the secondary. If anything we just need more bodys to throw in. At this point any solid help would be welcome.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Hall has stunk it up but cutting our best DB is not the answer this season.

Its clear we have weaknesses in the secondary. If anything we just need more bodys to throw in. At this point any solid help would be welcome.

I agree. I've never personally liked Hall, he's too much of a liability on the field. Anyone else notice last year and this year so far he CONSTANTLY tries to strip the ball instead of tackle? That irritates me to no end.

Postby 1niksder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Any idea about this player Routt that was cut today from the Chiefs?

http://touch.arrowheadaddict.com/arrowh ... 567047a669

Still un-signed :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:04 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Hall has stunk it up but cutting our best DB is not the answer this season.

I agree. I've never personally liked Hall, he's too much of a liability on the field. Anyone else notice last year and this year so far he CONSTANTLY tries to strip the ball instead of tackle? That irritates me to no end.

Like HEROHAMO said he is our best this year. We cant fill but so many holes. He will be gone because of the cap I would guess. We need two safety's and two corners. We still have a rookie on IR that might help next year.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am

Kilmer72 wrote:Like HEROHAMO said he is our best this year.

I don't disagree...but it's very sad to admit this.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am

If fans want to criticize Mike for making the comment about "evaluating" players, then we can't at the same time cut D Hall to send a message. He's likely gone after this season, but cutting him now would be foolish. Besides, if he finishes the season with 4 picks in a string of wins, people will be singing Kum Bay Yah.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 am

ATX_Skins wrote:

They have tried to make moves like this...

And then most of you come on here and rip them for it... They're darned if they do, darned if they don't. They can't win with the short term memory of fans.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football