Time to Get Back on Track: Eagles Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Paulsen... Isn't injured it appears

good to see him bounce back and make a great play. Great to see RGIII's first (of hopefully many) 4 TD games come against Philthy.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 pm

capitaldefense wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:D-U-M dumb.

This post? Yes I agree.

Easy tiger, the quote is from a movie. I wanted to see a FG attempt and a potential 21 pt lead. What's wrong with that?

Being aggressive in that situation is, statistically, the better decision. I liked it as a call even though it didn't work out for us.

In fact I've really liked the Shanahan's tolerance for risk on 4th downs this year. One area where we are on the cutting edge, IMO.

I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th and short, but with a chance to create a 21 point lead on a team that hasn't yet scored a TD, you gotta think that a FG (well within Forbath's comfort zone) is the right call. Subsequent events have made this a moot point, thankfully. I was hoping for an edifying response from the first person to respond to my post, I can only presume that it must be hard to post with one's foot in one's mouth.

We just scored again, moot point now.

As I wrote, I thought it was a moot point BEFORE the score.

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

Easy tiger, the quote is from a movie. I wanted to see a FG attempt and a potential 21 pt lead. What's wrong with that?

Being aggressive in that situation is, statistically, the better decision. I liked it as a call even though it didn't work out for us.

In fact I've really liked the Shanahan's tolerance for risk on 4th downs this year. One area where we are on the cutting edge, IMO.

I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th and short, but with a chance to create a 21 point lead on a team that hasn't yet scored a TD, you gotta think that a FG (well within Forbath's comfort zone) is the right call. Subsequent events have made this a moot point, thankfully. I was hoping for an edifying response from the first person to respond to my post, I can only presume that it must be hard to post with one's foot in one's mouth.

We have 30+ points. Thus making your crying pointless.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

:)
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th and short, but with a chance to create a 21 point lead on a team that hasn't yet scored a TD, you gotta think that a FG (well within Forbath's comfort zone) is the right call.

I disagree. We were up by 18 at the time. That's three scores no matter how you look at it. The only thing being up by 21 does is change three unanswered TDs by the Eagles from a win into a tie. We are talking a very unlikely scenario.

On the other hand, had we converted, we'd be threatening with the TD, eating up clock, and the FG would still be there in case the drive totally stalled.

The concrete benefits are much higher in the second scenario, which on a 4th and inches makes the risk worth it, IMO.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

Crying? My face is quite dry, sir. Please don't persist in thinking that your opinion of my posts on a message board makes any impact on either my thoughts or my future actions.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th and short, but with a chance to create a 21 point lead on a team that hasn't yet scored a TD, you gotta think that a FG (well within Forbath's comfort zone) is the right call.

I disagree. We were up by 18 at the time. That's three scores no matter how you look at it. The only thing being up by 21 does is change three unanswered TDs by the Eagles from a win into a tie. We are talking a very unlikely scenario.

On the other hand, had we converted, we'd be threatening with the TD, eating up clock, and the FG would still be there in case the drive totally stalled.

The concrete benefits are much higher in the second scenario, which on a 4th and inches makes the risk worth it, IMO.

Certainly, it can be argued both ways, and there isn't a clear-cut right and wrong. I also agree that attempting to justify the action in light of the result is faulty logic.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm

I think Shanny can say WTF he wants after this game, come back the next day day and tell everyone that he didn't say what we heard him say and blame the press as long as they play this way on Thursday
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

Crying? My face is quite dry, sir. Please don't persist in thinking that your opinion of my posts on a message board makes any impact on either my thoughts or my future actions.

:lol: :lol: if your going to be consistently negative. Don't cry when it's pointed out.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm

THERE'S the refs... Smfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

:lol: :lol: if your going to be consistently negative. Don't cry when it's pointed out.

There's that word again. Here's the thing: you post what you want, I post what I want, and as long as we both stay within the rules, no problem. My only objection (and I won't bother to raise it again), is your unnecessary use of a bait-word as a well-worn and shoddy attempt to get around the "attack the post, not the poster" dictum upon which the site is governed.

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 pm

I am enjoying a Redskins victory. A Redskin team destroying Philly, no matter who is at QB. I want another defensive stop and another TD. Please!

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm

It really is great to watch the wheels completely come off another team (especially a division rival) for once.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Running downhill now.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Cowboys lead. I actually like them winning today (if they hang on), maybe they'll have a bit of a false sense of security before T-Day.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football