Cut DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 am

He had a good game but I still think he should have not been allowed to fly back with the team from Pittsburgh.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I can not believe we didn't give up a 4th rounder to grab Talib from the Bucs. Am I the only one here? Very little compensation for a top DB

Talib and a 7th rounder... Why don't we jump on these things? Apparently though this guy comes with baggage.

Also, isn't the team that got him (Pats) famous for having picks to spare? Probably got the 4th rounder for someone like Moss ... 2nd time around. Oh yeah, and they picked up a 7th rounder in the deal.

So they got Talib and a potential Alfred Morris. This allows them to make mistakes. The Patriots currently have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and two 7th rounders as they also traded away their 5th for Albert Haynesworth, and their 6th for Chad Ochocinco.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 am

we do NOT have the luxury to give up draft picks and especially not for players like that ...

we are not just a player or 2 from the playoffs - NE can afford to make mistakes

we have many positions of need and then we have to add a lot of players that provide QUALITY depth as well

the franchises with good depth do well when the injuries that happen take away your starters

our secondary (actually the defense) will get a lot of attention this offseason including both players and coaches

Hall will be looked at carefully and have to earn his spot just like a lot of others
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 am

Available CB's who would you sign if you cut D'Angelo today??

Cornerbacks

1. Stanford Routt

2. Leigh Bodden

3. Justin King
4. Bryant McFadden
5. Trevard Lindley
6. Andre' Goodman
7. Kelly Jennings
8. Kevin Barnes
9. Kevin Thomas
10. Alphonso Smith
11. Brandon McDonald
12. Jonathan Wade
13. Antwaun Molden
14. Lito Sheppard
15. Morgan Trent

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Available CB's who would you sign if you cut D'Angelo today??

Cornerbacks

1. Stanford Routt

2. Leigh Bodden

3. Justin King
4. Bryant McFadden
5. Trevard Lindley
6. Andre' Goodman
7. Kelly Jennings
8. Kevin Barnes
9. Kevin Thomas
10. Alphonso Smith
11. Brandon McDonald
12. Jonathan Wade
13. Antwaun Molden
14. Lito Sheppard
15. Morgan Trent

Which of those DB's schematically fits the scheme that we run?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 am

Kevin Barnes plus he can play safety. I don't see how he was let go and we keep someone like Reed Doughty..........

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:49 am

totally agree with CLL - this NOT fantasy BS - this is the NFL

If you have to add players, add the ones that best suit, not necessarily the best player, like Cerrato & Snyder used to do here :roll:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Kevin Barnes plus he can play safety. I don't see how he was let go and we keep someone like Reed Doughty..........

But if he was released, it was more than likely determined that he didn't fit the scheme/direction of what the coaches were asking of him... So again...?

SkinsJock wrote:totally agree with CLL - this NOT fantasy BS - this is the NFL

If you have to add players, add the ones that best suit, not necessarily the best player, like Cerrato & Snyder used to do here :roll:

Right. Now's not the time to overreact and make a bad situation worse.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Kevin Barnes plus he can play safety. I don't see how he was let go and we keep someone like Reed Doughty..........

Probably because Reed Doughty is the better player.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm

SkinsJock wrote:we do NOT have the luxury to give up draft picks and especially not for players like that ...

we are not just a player or 2 from the playoffs - NE can afford to make mistakes

we have many positions of need and then we have to add a lot of players that provide QUALITY depth as well

the franchises with good depth do well when the injuries that happen take away your starters

AGREE. As to the second paragraph --- need to add these players via the draft, which is why we need picks and can't afford to give them away.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 pm

"@RapSheet: #Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall was in a screaming episode with a reporter. Were separated by security, PR. Reporter & Hall later met to discuss"

Oh. Shocking.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

I thoguht we traded barnes for a late round draft pick to the iggles or something.. IF thats the case he would still have value here and might be worth taking a look at #justsaying
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

But if he was released, it was more than likely determined that he didn't fit the scheme/direction of what the coaches were asking of him... So again...?

Chris Luva Luva based on the secondary play this year is it too much of a stretch to think that MAYBE they are mistaken? I mean I dunno but I would think that if nothing else Kevin is faster and younger than say Reed Doughty. I mean Jesus we kept Madoo Doo and what has he done other than get smoked like a blunt for 80% of the time he has started??
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

How? seriously can you even say that? How many times has Reed been burned in deep coverage? Last I recall Kevin Barnes playing safety he was intercepting a pass to close a game out......I can't ever recall causing a fumble or even getting an interception. We know he is a fan favorite for him playing so well after Sean was killed but that pig don't fly no more......

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

How? seriously can you even say that? How many times has Reed been burned in deep coverage? Last I recall Kevin Barnes playing safety he was intercepting a pass to close a game out......I can't ever recall causing a fumble or even getting an interception. We know he is a fan favorite for him playing so well after Sean was killed but that pig don't fly no more......

Your point is moot... Merriweather is done for the year, if they thought Barnes was better than Doughty they would have already signed the FREE Agent and wouldn't have to cut anyone.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football