Redskins v Eagles post game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 am

Glad to see Moss prove yet again that he's still got what it takes to be a playmaker on this team. The penalties sucked, especially since we were coming off our bye week. But a win's a win. RGIII was amazing. Also a plus to see Haslett finally sending some pressure. Hopefully we do this with Homo on Thanksgiving.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 am

I am VERY mad about the penalties ...

AND

I am VERY disappointed in the offensive play calling ...

anyone that just looks at what the score was or "a win is a win" is showing me a lot :lol:

RG3 and the players around him made things happen - we are VERY fortunate that RG3 can 'make things happen' - there were many plays called that were just atrocious - Mike needs to take over the play calling
- the offensive penalties are ALL on Kyle - AT HOME and AFTER A BYE WEEK give me a break - this kid is a liability
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Re: 4-6 the day after.....

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:After the win yesterday and thinking on the whole thing I have a few things that I think warrant some discussion. Even though we put up 31 points was it me or did the offense seem really off yesterday?

Yeah I think so too. And you guys know I'm not quick to point the blame at the offensive coordinator. Players gotta make plays. But I think you're right that the offense seemed off yesterday. RGIII kept a couple drives going through sheer force of will.

I don't have a problem with Kyle calling some runs that didn't work. Seems like you have to be patient with the running game and stick with it. I'd rather see that then having one of those games where we say, "Why the heck didn't you stick with Morris?"

I'd like to see more of RGIII playing QB from the pocket and less of the gadget stuff personally. He's got the arm and he has the smarts. Why not let him develop?

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 am

I was at the game yesterday as well. Loved the win, and against the damn Eagles as well. But, although we won easily on the scoreboard, the game was a little different.

First, how can we still be getting 13 penalities during a game? That is awful. Even Morris had a couple of false starts. On the TD pass to Moss, I saw the penalty flag in the backfield so I did not celebrate initially as I thought for sure it would be a offensive hold. Lucklily enough, it was against the D.

Our offense, overall, did not look in synch either. Morris really had nothing on the ground until the 4th qtr. Finally had some deep pass plays that worked. I could not believe how open Robinson was......that was at the opposite end of the stadium from where I sit....that was a nice play. But, the Moss catch was a bit of luck that it was not picked off or deflected.....even RGIII admitted that at the post game presser. I just did not get a feeling that our offense really clicked throughout the game yesterday.....be it play calling, execution, Philly defense.....will have to be better in Dallas.

On D...don't think you can underestimate the return of Meriweather. His had impact plays immediately. He is physical, and makes an impression on the opposing offense. Kerrigan had a nice game as well, as did Dhall. After the Eagles had some success with screen passes initially, we shut that down effectively by having a controlled rush and being aware of the screen potential.

Foles had some bad passes as well. And, in the 4th qtr especially, he got abused in the pocket.

While it was not perfect, it was a W and I will definitely take it and be happy!! No reason why we cannot go into Dallas and get a W as well.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:After the win yesterday and thinking on the whole thing I have a few things that I think warrant some discussion. Even though we put up 31 points was it me or did the offense seem really off yesterday?

Yeah I think so too. And you guys know I'm not quick to point the blame at the offensive coordinator. Players gotta make plays. But I think you're right that the offense seemed off yesterday. RGIII kept a couple drives going through sheer force of will.

I don't have a problem with Kyle calling some runs that didn't work. Seems like you have to be patient with the running game and stick with it. I'd rather see that then having one of those games where we say, "Why the heck didn't you stick with Morris?"

I'd like to see more of RGIII playing QB from the pocket and less of the gadget stuff personally. He's got the arm and he has the smarts. Why not let him develop?

I think the most troubling thing is not about how flat they played but not having a better rhythm. I understand that "wide 9" defense is supposed to make it hard to get to the outside and I understand that running up the middle isn't our strong suit however I was very interested in why we didn't have that pistol quick slant play called. I simply think the more we go on the more plays that Kyle misses. I think the gadget plays are fine, to a point however it seems that quick pass to Morgan and the tight end can't be stopped really.

What I am also wondering is since Dallas had 7 sacks does that mean that Clevelands defensive line is that good? 7 sacks and I wonder how many we come up with and will Haslett go back to his one and only blitz. Overall we should have seen marked improvement in play calling and on the offense I hope we don't see a switch to our defense getting good now and offense taking a step back......

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Did anybody else catch that one play where RGIII was flushed out to his left, and he put the ball into his left hand like he was looking to throw lefty? I'm glad he didn't, but he was keeping his options open.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm

To be fair, the offense wasn't on the field much in the early part of the game. They had a short field off the INT, and then the Eagles had the ball for a couple long drives. That may have had something to do with the offense not being in sync. I'd still agree that the play calling seemed off.

There were a couple calls I liked though. The deep ball to Moss just seemed like a great time to take that shot. It also seemed like the ball was getting to a lot of different WRs. Not sure if that is RGIII or play calling.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 pm

riggofan wrote:To be fair, the offense wasn't on the field much in the early part of the game. They had a short field off the INT, and then the Eagles had the ball for a couple long drives. That may have had something to do with the offense not being in sync. I'd still agree that the play calling seemed off.

There were a couple calls I liked though. The deep ball to Moss just seemed like a great time to take that shot. It also seemed like the ball was getting to a lot of different WRs. Not sure if that is RGIII or play calling.

I think it was RG3 hell he even make sure Garcon got 3 catches........That is enough to keep a defense honest and not really roll protection to one receiver. I think another thing we should do is keep Moss and Garcon as #1 and #2 and have Morgan line up in the slot, his size and speed would be a nightmare for a DB covering the slot receiver......Lastly why is Cooley even back??? He has done nothing or even been looked at since he resigned....

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:Did anybody else catch that one play where RGIII was flushed out to his left, and he put the ball into his left hand like he was looking to throw lefty? I'm glad he didn't, but he was keeping his options open.

In the rgiii pics thread I found one of him throwing lefty its in there.. it appeared to be pregame so I think he practices for the just incase.
Kid is amazing tho and I enjoyed the deep balls yesterday.

31 points on O, no tds given up on D a +3 turn over ratio and people are still complaining? Oh and a W against a divisional rival... Gotta love the internets!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 pm

I don't 'hear' any 'complaining' - I hear constructive criticism

there was a lot to like but there were some worrying things too

8-8 or even 9-7 is still there but NOT likely if we do not learn from the bad things that were clearly evident
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

I was happy with the game but there were still a good deal of issues to worry about:
- PHI's 3rd down conversion % was WAY to high. Our defense was on the field almost for the entire 1st quarter.
- Garcon still appears to be VERY injured. They might as well throw him on the IR.
- The D pressure was mostly because of PHI poor OL -- and a QB that held the ball.
- PHI made mistakes, which cost them points. It wasn't because our D made plays. Noles missed his target on numerous plays. Had we played against a decent QB, this would have been a much closer game.
- Merriweather looked very good, but his injury is disappointing.
- Our WRs are still horrible.

On the bright side:
- Haz threw out different schemes and used different angles than we had seen this year.
- RGIII is a complete stud.
- Morris, while he didn't have a great game, is still a complete stud.
- Not sure how people can be upset wiith our offensive playcalling when we averaged 7.1 yards PER PLAY. This was second (by .3) ONLY to NE's 59 point effort put up on.............. you guessed it THE COLTS!!!

I personally maintain that we have had a VERY difficult schedule this year. We played a below average team and played (and beat them) the way we should have.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Only got to watch highlights of the game and the W looked great, specially against a division rival.
Checking the stats, I would like our RB to have more rushing yds than our QB, but I know is hard when you have RGIII unplugged.
HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:31 points on O, no tds given up on D a +3 turn over ratio and people are still complaining? Oh and a W against a divisional rival... Gotta love the internets!

Hopefully the players and coaching staff are doing more than celebrating. We have to play Dallas in three days!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm

rskin72 wrote:

On D...don't think you can underestimate the return of Meriweather. His had impact plays immediately. He is physical, and makes an impression on the opposing offense. .

Really sucks that he is gone for the year!

Especially since he got his torn ACL on a non-contact play.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 pm

For those that do not understand ... help is coming :lol:

The yardage gained on plays that were 'called' by the OC were minimal because for the most part they were horrible plays

the yardage gained by RG3 doing his thing skewed the stats - LOOK AT THE DAMNED TAPE

Kyle does not have a clue and we would not have won this game without RG3 even though the defense helped a bit
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football