tribeofjudah's Bible study

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 am

1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Well... I question all of it just like Cappo but I believe in God.. I mean, it's blind faith but I still have it.

+1

+1

1 Do I believe in God because thats what I believe or because thats what I've been told to believe all my life?

2 How do you get something from nothing? I mean where did God come from? I'm sorry but just hard to believe that God has always been

3 Why not just say " Hay here I am"?

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:1 Do I believe in God because thats what I believe or because thats what I've been told to believe all my life?

2 How do you get something from nothing? I mean where did God come from? I'm sorry but just hard to believe that God has always been

3 Why not just say "Hay here I am"?

1- I think for me it's because of my upbringing and going to private school for a while. I was told about God and I just believed it.. only as I got older I questioned it
2- The whole story(ies) of God is sooo confusing to me. It's an entity I guess but I have so much questions but I feel like I'm not SUPPOSED to question anything because it's God
3- I guess God wants us to play out the life he gave for us but with so much evil stuff that people do, it only leads me to more questions

My logic, I'll try my best to do no wrong and hopefully it'll be explained if I make it up top.. if there is such a thing as up top.. heck man, giving myself a headache thinking about it. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Well... I question all of it just like Cappo but I believe in God.. I mean, it's blind faith but I still have it.

+1

+1

1 Do I believe in God because thats what I believe or because thats what I've been told to believe all my life?

Well, it's kind of one or the other, no?

You either get something from nothing or something has always been, no?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Why not just say " Hay here I am"?

That's so ironic, it hurts.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
1niksder wrote:

+1

+1

Or both

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:08 am

DarthMonk wrote:
1niksder wrote:

+1

+1

Or both

Or neither.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:1 Do I believe in God because thats what I believe or because thats what I've been told to believe all my life?

3 Why not just say "Hay here I am"?

1- I think for me it's because of my upbringing and going to private school for a while. I was told about God and I just believed it.. only as I got older I questioned it
2- The whole story(ies) of God is sooo confusing to me. It's an entity I guess but I have so much questions but I feel like I'm not SUPPOSED to question anything because it's God
3- I guess God wants us to play out the life he gave for us but with so much evil stuff that people do, it only leads me to more questions

My logic, I'll try my best to do no wrong and hopefully it'll be explained if I make it up top.. if there is such a thing as up top.. heck man, giving myself a headache thinking about it. :lol:

1. Most children are indoctrinated with the beliefs of their parents from a very young age and that is why many of us have a hard time breaking the bondage of religion no matter how ridiculous the beliefs.

2. And this where I say that God could simplify everything instantly if such a deity exists. Why let us humans pander around and kill each other over our many Gods when one true God could step out and take all of the fictitious dogma away leaving us with the truth.

3. Why would God favor me over anyone else? Why would he let some prosper and others starve to death in a concentration camp?
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 am

Cappster wrote:
1. Most children are indoctrinated with the beliefs of their parents from a very young age and that is why many of us have a hard time breaking the bondage of religion no matter how ridiculous the beliefs.

2. And this where I say that God could simplify everything instantly if such a deity exists. Why let us humans pander around and kill each other over our many Gods when one true God could step out and take all of the fictitious dogma away leaving us with the truth.

3. Why would God favor me over anyone else? Why would he let some prosper and others starve to death in a concentration camp?

one day we'll sit down with a 'spliff' and bottle of johnny and we'll discuss these things my brutha.. because it seems like i'm on the level with you. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Cappster wrote:

one day we'll sit down with a 'spliff' and bottle of johnny and we'll discuss these things my brutha.. because it seems like i'm on the level with you. :lol:

Haha you can keep the spliff to yourself as I cannot partake, but I will gladly funnel down some Johnny Walker.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 am

Deadskins wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Why not just say " Hay here I am"?

That's so ironic, it hurts.

HE IS ..........THE GREAT "I AM"

notice how Popeye the sailor man copied this by saying, "I am what I am and that's all that I am."

Even Popeye believes in God......
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:57 am

Would anything be different with or with out God?

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:22 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Would anything be different with or with out God?

yes.....without God, the adversary (satan) would snuff us out. The devils wants us to belief he does not exist.

Lamentations 3:22 [It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

Mercy, mercy, me.......

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:

yes.....without God, the adversary (satan) would snuff us out. The devils wants us to belief he does not exist.

Lamentations 3:22 [It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

Mercy, mercy, me.......

Without God there would not be a satan right?

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:

Mercy, mercy, me.......

Without God there would not be a satan right?

Lucifer corrupted himself by his own beauty... read the thread, it's deep. Or read Isaiah

Isa 14:12 ¶ How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm

The name, Lucifer, means 'day star,' or 'son of the morning.' Many recognize it as an alternate name of Satan, the fallen angel. But prior to his downfall, Lucifer was a magnificent being with a unique ministry. Unfortunately, pride overtook his heart, and sin cost him everything.

Lucifer is one of three archangels mentioned in Scripture. He was created by God just as all angels were, but his role was different from the other angelic hosts. Lucifer was referred to as the 'covering angel.' Just as the cherubim covered the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant, Lucifer was established by God to be the angel of worship, one whose ministry surrounded the heart of heaven. Lucifer was created to dwell eternally in the throne room of heaven, in the very presence of God (Ezekiel 28:14).

According to Ezekiel 28:13, a probable reference to Lucifer, we learn that he is an amazing being to behold: "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.

To dwell in the awesome presence of a perfect and holy God, Lucifer had to be perfect. There was nothing ordinary or plain about his appearance. Adorned with gold and precious stones, he truly fit the name, 'Son of the Morning.' He was a step above the other angels, not only in appearance but also in intellect. Lucifer's wisdom far exceeded that of other angelic beings. He understood the ways of God.

But Lucifer's splendor and beauty did not last forever. While ministering, he began to consider his own position of prominence. Lucifer became prideful, believing that he deserved more than what he already had. He wanted to become like the Most High.

Isaiah 14 reveals the fall of Lucifer from the heights of heaven, which resulted in his status as the creature that he is today:

"How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning...For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'"

Lucifer had wisdom, beauty, ability, perfection, and yet he wanted more; he wanted to be worshiped like God. But God does not share His glory, nor does He permit another to receive worship. So before Lucifer had a chance to make his move, he was removed from the presence of God. Cast out of heaven like a bolt of lightning, Lucifer was stripped of his beauty, his position, and his rights to heaven. Satan's constant attempt ever since has been to oppose the mighty plan of God. He even attempted tempt Jesus to sin and worship him.

Lucifer's name, 'son of the morning,' was given to a far more deserving individual, the Son of God. Jesus Christ is called the 'Bright and Morning Star' (Revelation 22:16). Today, Jesus is seated at the right hand of God, dwelling in the presence of the Almighty. Christ's words hold true, even in the account of Satan: "Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted" (Matthew 23:12).

He was created by God just as all angels were. So no God no Satan.

Return to The Lounge