Merriweather out for the season

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 pm

I will also be interested to see if Jordan Bernstein can come back after his knee injury. I didn't get to see much of him, but if I recall he showed a lot of promise before getting hurt in the season opener.

Come to think of it we lost another person (Chase Minnefield) in our secondary due to a knee injury as well.

Stupid injury bug bit us hard this year. :lowblow:
"Givin'em the Business!"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 pm

The Hogster wrote:One dilemma is going to be what we do to address the Safety position this offseason. Brandon Merriweather showed what he can do in limited time. He should be back. And, Tanard Jackson was slated to start according to Mike.

With those two players back, I wonder how aggressive they will be in finding other Safeties.

I would assume that they would have a contingency plan in place... A solid contingency plan.

44diesel wrote:I will also be interested to see if Jordan Bernstein can come back after his knee injury. I didn't get to see much of him, but if I recall he showed a lot of promise before getting hurt in the season opener.

Come to think of it we lost another person (Chase Minnefield) in our secondary due to a knee injury as well.

Stupid injury bug bit us hard this year. :lowblow:

Well, we never really had Chase. But, I def get your point and the bug got us good this year. We will have a lot of guys coming back next year.

Carriker
Orakpo
Minnifield
Tanard
Merriweather

That's that's A LOT of talent right there.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Merriweather displayed why the coaches brought him onboard. He had an immediate and huge impact on the defense.

I look forward to him healing up and getting on the field next year. Best case scenario, both he and Tanard come back and can start next year. With an off-seasons worth of attention dedicated to the position.

- If Gomes doesn't really break out in the remaining games, we need someone to potentially start/backup Merriweather next year.
- I'd bring Tanard back and make him earn his money but draft/acquire someone who could start if he doesn't pan out. I think the Patriots showed on Sunday night what kinda pay-off a "risky" player can provide. Hopefully Tanard gets it together.
- As far as the CB's, I'm curious to see what that kid we put on IR in the off-season can do. He was a potential 2nd round pick that fell to us (undrafted), he could make some noise.

Sorry fellas, no negativity. Just realistic well wishing.

Bernstien AND Minnifield should both be hungry next training camp. both have a lot of promise...
Hall gets a pay cut (if we even keep him) but i like the idea of moving him to safety/ nickel, and letting him be a ball hawk and blitz him way more. He does good when we let him loose after the qb imo
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 am

Man alive I hope Meriweather's injury isn't a recurring problem? In his lone game he looked pretty good. If he's out all next season I'll be severly disappointed. :(
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football