Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Let's just beat Dallas. Please.

as brutal as these 3 games looked at the beginning of the season .....

we can beat the pukes tomorrow - I really believe that :D

then

... we get 11 days :shock: to get ready to beat the STUPID giants

... at home

... on Monday night .. another national TV game

... after they've lost a tough game to the Packers [-o<

HTTR
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby gushogs » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:54 am

1- beat dallas tomorrow
2- don't car if win or lose on weeks 13-16
3- beat dallas in week 17

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:04 am

IF only the Redskins had beaten the Giants the first time like they should have then they would be tied for first place.
Damn it
damn it
damn it

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 am

Redskinsfansince81 wrote:IF only the Redskins had beaten the Giants the first time like they should have then they would be tied for first place.
Damn it
damn it
damn it

We'll get to that business next, but for now, let's just step over the Cowpies, not in them.
Avoided the Cowchip minefield. Now, we'll just hunker down here and wait for the G-strings to come to us. They're gonna walk right into our ambush.
Last edited by Deadskins on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 am

Which Redskins will show up? Skins vs. Philly or the Skins vs. Carolina? How crucial was meriweather to our improved pass D last week?
HAIL

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:32 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Which Redskins will show up? Skins vs. Philly or the Skins vs. Carolina? How crucial was meriweather to our improved pass D last week?

IMO, he was extremely critical.

- We saw our CB's play with a level of confidence we haven't seen this year, because they trusted him.
- We saw Josh Wilson come in on a successful blitz because Merriweather had the speed to keep up with the WR.
- We saw a level of athleticism in the secondary that wasn't there all year.
- We even saw improved play from Madeiu Williams

It wasn't flukish. The question is, can Gomes (who came in for Brandon) keep that pace up.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 am

The Redskins just need to play together

aside from the effect that RG3 has on both his own players and the opposing defense, all the Redskins need to do is to execute together

we saw the result of that on defense last week and this week we need to see more of the same on both sides of the ball

the Redskins primarily beat the eagles because they (the eagles) did not play well together - we took advantage of that

the pukes can be beaten - the Redskins need to eliminate the mental mistakes and execute

I look for Moss to have a big game and I really hope our 3rd down defense can get off the field more often ...

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:Which Redskins will show up? Skins vs. Philly or the Skins vs. Carolina? How crucial was meriweather to our improved pass D last week?

IMO, he was extremely critical.

- We saw our CB's play with a level of confidence we haven't seen this year, because they trusted him.
- We saw Josh Wilson come in on a successful blitz because Merriweather had the speed to keep up with the WR.
- We saw a level of athleticism in the secondary that wasn't there all year.
- We even saw improved play from Madeiu Williams

It wasn't flukish. The question is, can Gomes (who came in for Brandon) keep that pace up.

I'm so worried that based on game 1-9.75 that the answer to your question is no. I am HOPEFULL that based on the last quarter of game 10, he will be able to continue to replicate the play of Merriweather closely enough that the answer would be, "mostly, yes".

I really really don't want to be dealing with a skins loss tomorrow.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 am

Just beat Dallas. Twice!!! :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 am

I hope to see the same effort and play from the defense that we saw last Sunday when Brandon was NOT on the field - when players play like our defense did last Sunday when Brandon was NOT on the field, they can totally help the offense tomorrow

there was a lot of energy from our defense and Merriweather was getting the players hyped on the sidelines both before he was hurt and after that

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I hope to see the same effort and play from the defense that we saw last Sunday when Brandon was NOT on the field - when players play like our defense did last Sunday when Brandon was NOT on the field, they can totally help the offense tomorrow

there was a lot of energy from our defense and Merriweather was getting the players hyped on the sidelines both before he was hurt and after that

I don't usually do this but... It's what came to mind.

Bible wrote:Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

I say that cus your emphasis on what was done in Brandons absence. IMO, that hype is there with/without him but it's the "work" on the field that intensifies it and allows it momentum into consecutive drives...

These guys are hype before every game. But that hype gets killed the moment our safeties are getting beat. It gets killed when our DB's can't trust our safeties to be in position and/or athletic enough to follow through.

Brandons effort on the field validated his off-the-field hype. And it gave them momentum. If Gomes can match that level of effectiveness on the field tomorrow, he'll have the same effect.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I hope we can dominate the time of possession tomorrow. Sustaining long drives will help our depleted secondary immensely. As SJ pointed out we need to make sure our defense can limit the pies 3rd down conversions just as our offense needs to make sure we're converting 3rd downs (i.e. no dropped balls, false starts or holding calls).

3rd Downs, turnovers and penalties. If we can be on the favorable side for these three categories we will all have something to be truly thankful for.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby gushogs » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:21 pm

riggofan wrote:Just beat Dallas. Twice!!! :)

+1
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:30 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Well lets at least put some gas into the Bandwagon to get ready. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

First things first got to take care of TTiT.

The Bandwagon runs on DIESEL not gas , lol.

Its gonna take some good old fashioned smash mouth ball from here on out. Particularly on the defensive side. As for today, they need to hit Witten and Bryant HARD early on. Thats what Merriweather brought last week. Someone needs to step up and replicate that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 am

jmooney wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Well lets at least put some gas into the Bandwagon to get ready. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

First things first got to take care of TTiT.

The Bandwagon runs on DIESEL not gas , lol.

Not only that, but it's been just waiting on passengers for two weeks, but so far, I've only got a few. I don't know how much longer I'm willing to wait, you better get on now. After we kick the Pies butts today, everybody and their brother is going to want on. And the rates won't be so cheap. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football