Redskins-Cowpies Gameday thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Redskins-Cowpies Gameday thread

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:20 am

Wow, ACW must sleep in on Thursdays.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 am

Let the chips fall where they may. Or in their home stadium.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:42 am

Eating with relatives in St. Louis=later dinner (hour difference)=me likely not being able to see game :cry:

EDIT: Take it for what it's worth, but Romo's never lost a November home start.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:10 am

ACW wrote:Eating with relatives in St. Louis=later dinner (hour difference)=me likely not being able to see game :cry:

Well, he's about due then. Time for the Cowboys to make an early start on their traditional December collapse.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 am

Looking forward to this game. It's live on Sky over here. So were the games against the Rams and the Panthers, and I'm hoping that it's 3rd time lucky.

3rd down offence and defence will be critical. Let's hope RGIII's Texas homecoming is a happy event.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

ACW wrote:Eating with relatives in St. Louis=later dinner (hour difference)=me likely not being able to see game :cry:

The BUCK stops HERE.......
"ON any given Thursday"
All streaks are TO BE BROKEN......
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

From the Official Site of the Dallas Cowboys

At Just 22, Griffin Has Already Built An Impressive Legacy

By Jonathan Auping

Thanksgiving with the Dallas Cowboys is an American tradition. Nearly the entire country tunes in every year to watch the team with the stars on their helmets. But this year a man will walk into Cowboys Stadium who might steal some of the nation’s attention, just like he has done in every stadium he’s played in for the past 15 months.

But when people watch Robert Griffin III, they don’t just watch with curiosity. They watch with their own expectations of greatness. Of course, that might be Griffin’s own fault, considering that’s what he has provided on a weekly basis.

For a 217-pound, 22-year-old kid, it might seem like Griffin has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He’s carrying the expectations of an entire franchise, the city of Washington, 53 teammates and the marketing future of the NFL. But Griffin didn’t get to where he is today by feeling the effects of pressure. In fact, he shrugs off the implications of pressure as if it’s something he doesn’t understand.

“I’m a confident guy,” Griffin said.

LINK

We can do this.

Sorry, ACW. You already know the relatives aren't into it?

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:55 am

DarthMonk wrote:From the Official Site of the Dallas Cowboys

At Just 22, Griffin Has Already Built An Impressive Legacy

By Jonathan Auping

Thanksgiving with the Dallas Cowboys is an American tradition. Nearly the entire country tunes in every year to watch the team with the stars on their helmets. But this year a man will walk into Cowboys Stadium who might steal some of the nation’s attention, just like he has done in every stadium he’s played in for the past 15 months.

But when people watch Robert Griffin III, they don’t just watch with curiosity. They watch with their own expectations of greatness. Of course, that might be Griffin’s own fault, considering that’s what he has provided on a weekly basis.

For a 217-pound, 22-year-old kid, it might seem like Griffin has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He’s carrying the expectations of an entire franchise, the city of Washington, 53 teammates and the marketing future of the NFL. But Griffin didn’t get to where he is today by feeling the effects of pressure. In fact, he shrugs off the implications of pressure as if it’s something he doesn’t understand.

“I’m a confident guy,” Griffin said.

LINK

A little further down, talking about what we gave up for RGIII:

In fact, the Redskins packaged an incredible deal with the Cleveland Browns to acquire the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 draft, giving up their first and second pick of that draft, as well as their next two first-round picks. In other words, Griffin could not be a bust. Griffin was relatively unfazed by the fact that the Redskins basically mortgaged their future on the hopes that he would become a superstar.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:58 am

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:I would LOVE this result!!

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/easims ... imulations

Trailing 27-14 late in the fourth quarter, RG3 kicks his game up to another gear, leading the Redskins on two straight scoring drives to pull out the miraculous 31-27 win. Give that man a turkey leg, if not the entire turducken, as he completes 15 of 20 passes for 223 yards, while adding a TD on the ground that helps pull the Redskins within six before a Tony Romo pick-six seals the game late for Washington.

:lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am

We would get to see Romoing Vs Griffining.

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby oj » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am

I was wrong about everything last week, even the the stadium they played in so...my prediction is a cowboys blowout - in the spirit of me making bad predictions.
Go Skins!
Molon Labe

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:29 am

Deadskins wrote:

Trailing 27-14 late in the fourth quarter, RG3 kicks his game up to another gear, leading the Redskins on two straight scoring drives to pull out the miraculous 31-27 win. Give that man a turkey leg, if not the entire turducken, as he completes 15 of 20 passes for 223 yards, while adding a TD on the ground that helps pull the Redskins within six before a Tony Romo pick-six seals the game late for Washington.

Eh.... Not bad.
Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer the 48 to 13 stomping of the pukes... 350 yards passing a bill on the ground and 120 for Morris.
570 yards total offense 6 touch downs and two chip in field goals late in the fourth as we run vanilla plays and chew up the clock with a commanding lead.

#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Eh.... Not bad.
Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer the 48 to 13 stomping of the pukes... 350 yards passing a bill on the ground and 120 for Morris.
570 yards total offense 6 touch downs and two chip in field goals late in the fourth as we run vanilla plays and chew up the clock with a commanding lead.

#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Looking forward to this game. It's live on Sky over here. So were the games against the Rams and the Panthers, and I'm hoping that it's 3rd time lucky.

3rd down offence and defence will be critical. Let's hope RGIII's Texas homecoming is a happy event.

Yeah man!

Kids are in bed, Redskins jersey is on, case of beers is chilled, I'm proper stoked!!!

LET'S KICK THIS SHOWER OF SH1T ALL OVER THE PARK!!!

RGIII is surely going to be too much of a legend to lose his first game against the cowgirls!?!?!?
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football