Hognostications 2012

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Oh well. So much for my upset picks. Browns came close but Colts made me look bad. Hopefully back on track next week.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

“Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Justice Hog wrote:Oh well. So much for my upset picks. Browns came close but Colts made me look bad. Hopefully back on track next week.

I had Carolina and Pitt in hopes of gaining ground. Bummer. Did great on the rest.

Missed 2 Thursday wins this year cuz I was late. :(
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:Oh well. So much for my upset picks. Browns came close but Colts made me look bad. Hopefully back on track next week.

I had Carolina and Pitt in hopes of gaining ground. Bummer. Did great on the rest.

Missed 2 Thursday wins this year cuz I was late. :(

:roll:
and let me guess, youre still ahead of me huh? smfh the picks i make to "gain some ground" usually do ok.. the rest of em- like always picking against Dullass and very rarely picking any other divisional team doesnt help.
thats a possible 9 wins (or something) i could have had, wow. :shock:
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby vwoodzpusha » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:22 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:.. BUT look at vwoodzpusha. HE is going for a PERFECTO this week 12-0 so far !!! :shock: Wow!

One game to go :shock:

:shock: How can you pick a team when the QB is Jason Campbell

A possible PERFECTO and you do that

you basically show that it was a lucky week - Jason Campbell couldn't beat the little sisters of the poor - NOT even if they gave him 21 points

guy's one of the biggest losers at QB of all time

AMAZING :lol:

Hahaha I am kicking myself too. I originally picked the 49ers then when I saw Smith was out I switched. I figured Kapernick wouldnt be able to handle the Bears defense.

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:27 pm

vwoodzpusha wrote:Hahaha I am kicking myself too. I originally picked the 49ers then when I saw Smith was out I switched. I figured Kapernick wouldnt be able to handle the Bears defense.
Kapernick looked decent the previous week, plus it was at SF. A. Smith with 5.5 sacks! :shock: :shock:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:48 am

still ... a great week

there were a number of guys that only missed 1 game but you were the only one to have a chance on the last game ...
the team that can run the ball well, dictates the game - if you can run the ball well and stop the other team's run game, you dominate the game

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Just had my 3rd Thursday miss due to being late - 12:30 b!tch. Coulda picked Houston 3 days ago in my sleep.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:42 am

anyone that picked the Texans to win that game was wrong - you got the point but you picked the wrong team - better to be lucky than good :lol:
The Lions 'won' that game ... :roll:
the team that can run the ball well, dictates the game - if you can run the ball well and stop the other team's run game, you dominate the game

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:27 am

SkinsJock wrote:anyone that picked the Texans to win that game was wrong - you got the point but you picked the wrong team - better to be lucky than good :lol:
The Lions 'won' that game ... :roll:

The Lions players may have won but the headcoach is still part oftheteam and HE lost them that game.

Hey, brother, we all have been on the wrong end of a number of 1-point difference games in the past. It is my turn to be on the right one every once in a while.

Another thing ... Stafford? Naaaaahhhhhhh. [-X

Can you imagine RGIII throwing to Calvin Johnson? THAT would make ma HAPPY \:D/
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 am

You folks can't accuse me of being a front runner that picks all favorites and hopes for the best. My two underdog picks didn't work our so well. This weekend, I'm going with 4 underdog picks. Here's your chance, I guess, to grab the lead from me!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:47 am

Justice Hog wrote:You folks can't accuse me of being a front runner that picks all favorites and hopes for the best. My two underdog picks didn't work our so well. This weekend, I'm going with 4 underdog picks. Here's your chance, I guess, to grab the lead from me!!
not sure about this

It looks like you're at 3 - am I missing something?

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Vikings, Browns, Bucs and Rams. That's 4 last time I counted.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Justice Hog wrote:Vikings, Browns, Bucs and Rams. That's 4 last time I counted.

I thought you were saying you took 2 underdog picks in the first 3 games this week that "did not work out"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I've done much better when I've left my initial selections alone ...

changing picks has cost me about 5 games this season

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 am

Dude, NEVER change your picks except for injury (i.e. Cutler being out vs. SF).
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:
2012-2013 Co-Champion; Playoff Champion
2014-2015 Champion; Playoff Semifinalist

Return to Around the League