Cowpies LOOOOOOOZE post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 am

My sister pointed out that by not going into the end zone he kept the Cowboys from getting the ball back if by some miracle they could have scored and gotten the next onside kick.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Redskinsfansince81 wrote:My sister pointed out that by not going into the end zone he kept the Cowboys from getting the ball back if by some miracle they could have scored and gotten the next onside kick.

There wasn't enough time for Dallas to score 14 points, there was what, 30 seconds left? I don't think any team has had two offensive touchdowns in that short a span of time.

The fact is, by taking the selfless role and sliding at the 1-yard line, the game is over with one kneel down.

I would have loved to see us win with double digits, but the smart play was slide and go victory formation.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Redskinsfansince81 wrote:My sister pointed out that by not going into the end zone he kept the Cowboys from getting the ball back if by some miracle they could have scored and gotten the next onside kick.

There wasn't enough time for Dallas to score 14 points, there was what, 30 seconds left? I don't think any team has had two offensive touchdowns in that short a span of time.

The fact is, by taking the selfless role and sliding at the 1-yard line, the game is over with one kneel down.

I would have loved to see us win with double digits, but the smart play was slide and go victory formation.

To add to that.. that's the only way we get to do the victory formation, short of a onsides kick recovery. Any ending like that vs Dallas is the preferred imo
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:

+1. I don't see any reason why fans wouldn't give D. Hall credit for that play. If he scores the TD, the Cowboys still have a chance, however remote. By sliding at the 1 yd the Cowboys had ZERO chance. Game over.

I would have loved to see another TD on the board, but his play was the smart one.

piggie

Postby oj » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Wow! What a game! They are just badassed!
How about Robinson, he is about as quiet as you can get - i've read thru here and he isn't even mentioned!
And Santana Moss making 2 defenders look like fools.
Garcon grabbing that pass thrown behind him just snatching a hard thrown ball right put of the air!
And the Dallas announcers line about 'a rookie quarterback shredding the valted Dallas defense'
Haz had them stoked, the defense was a treat to watch, they have matured into a unit these past few weeks.
G3 is incredible, he acts as if he has done this for years.
What a team! Thank You! Hail Skins.
Molon Labe

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 pm

riggofan wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

+1. I don't see any reason why fans wouldn't give D. Hall credit for that play. If he scores the TD, the Cowboys still have a chance, however remote. By sliding at the 1 yd the Cowboys had ZERO chance. Game over.

I would have loved to see another TD on the board, but his play was the smart one.
I give him credit... it was a smart play, in any game, including this one... except it is DALLAS... with 18 seconds on the clock at kickoff, 6 seconds run off until Hall slides and is downed. There is no scenario in which Dallas wins.

This does not mean that I am down on him over this... just that failing to score and bring it to a double digit win causes me to question his Redskin Fan pedigree... For a die hard, lifelong Redskins fan, who gets the history... it's a no brainer... score. Run to mid field. Dance on the Star.

There. I said it.

Back to reality... it was a good call on Hall's part, and remarkably thought full.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

I give him credit... it was a smart play, in any game, including this one... except it is DALLAS... with 18 seconds on the clock at kickoff, 6 seconds run off until Hall slides and is downed. There is no scenario in which Dallas wins.

This does not mean that I am down on him over this... just that failing to score and bring it to a double digit win causes me to question his Redskin Fan pedigree... For a die hard, lifelong Redskins fan, who gets the history... it's a no brainer... score. Run to mid field. Dance on the Star.

There. I said it.

Back to reality... it was a good call on Hall's part, and remarkably thought full.

I agree with every word, CT: it was exactly the right play, but I love every point the Redskins score against that team from Dallas.

Oh, and for more than a week I get to remember that the Redskins just fins8ihed pulverizing the Eagles and Dallas. Ah...like having another Thanksgiving dinner, but one that lasts another week.

Add this ending to Kenny Houston saying "hello" to Walt Garrison.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:41 pm

riggofan wrote:+1. I don't see any reason why fans wouldn't give D. Hall credit for that play. If he scores the TD, the Cowboys still have a chance, however remote. By sliding at the 1 yd the Cowboys had ZERO chance. Game over.

There were 12 seconds left on the clock after Hall scored. It would have been 11 or 10 had he run in the TD. We squib the kickoff and that kills 2-4 seconds. Let's say they have a perfect Hail Mary that scores as fast as possible . . . that's going to run at least 7-8 seconds. The game is possibly over at that point, but let's say they do a successful onside kick. That's another 1-2 seconds at least. No way they squeeze in another Hail Mary.

When Hall downed it on the two, there was not a "ZERO" chance Dallas was done. We were still only up by 7, so if there was a botched snap on the victory formation and Dallas somehow ran it back, that's a tie game.

Unlikely? Yes, extremely. About as unlikely as . . . well, a team scoring a TD from their own 35, kicking an onside kick, recovering, and running another Hail Mary within 10 seconds of each other.

In other words, it's a wash. There was no "smart" play. Either was good for the W.

While I don't blame Hall for sliding, I'd rather have seen us get an extra seven against Dallas.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:

30 seconds would have been plenty of time.

Had he run in and the time had been stopped at say :13 here is a scenario. We kick the PAT and there is still :13 left. We squib it into someone's chest and he runs it back for a TD with :01 left. They kick the PAT and there is still :01 left. They kick into our endzone, we muff, they recover for a TD, go for 2, get it, and win.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:51 pm

If this is really an "issue" with the fans, than I must admit I'm astonished. "We've" hit a new low. Lol

The only valid "complaint" is in regard to potential tie breaking scenarios.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The only valid "complaint" is in regard to potential tie breaking scenarios.

Agreed.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 pm

I kinda saw it like this:

Instead of giving in to PE, Hall reccalled that song by Frankie and the Hollywoods - "Relax."

Oh oh
Wee-ell-Now!

Relax don't do it
When you want to go to it
Relax don't do it
When you want to ...

Relax
Higher higher

Hey-
Pray

This allowed the team to enjoy extended pleasure.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 pm

welch wrote:

only the best open field tackle in NFL freaking history! :rock:

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Countertrey wrote:
welch wrote:

only the best open field tackle in NFL freaking history! :rock:

HTTR

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm seeing a pattern... OLD fans... (probably defined as those who loved Diron Talbert) who lived the rivalry... say TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE!

Younger fans don't get our confusion... think they understand... but really, they don't quite. We need a new Diron Talbert. Then, you'd get it.
Hating Dallas is not just a saying... it's a life long commitment...

“Tom Landry, hahahaha. Tex Schram, hahhaha. Roger Staubach, hahahha.“
-George Allen to a television camera, after beating Dallas in Texas Stadium in 1976.

The hate is barely breathing these days... very sad, really. LOL

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football